Robert Meachem

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jasonjets, Jan 20, 2007.

1. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Opposed to taking him with our first 2nd rounder? I know we have a lot of other needs but those could be taken care of through free agency and through the rest of the draft. Would you be completely opposed to the idea of taking a WR that hight?

2. Long & Winding Rhode

Yes. This team has talented WRs and I would like to let Brad Smith develop.

Also, we have too many urgent holes to fill and I do not believe that we will be very active in FA.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Actually.... if Carriker is gone, I'd like Meachem as a BaP draft pick. With Coles, and that toe, although he's as tough as nails, his health is a bit of a concern, and whether or not Smith will develeop remains to be seen. I'm not sure how much help Meachem would be with Chad at QB, but if Clemens somehow starts, he and Meachem could be a dangerous deep threat. He has the potential to be a top five WR in the NFL, not that I am predicting that....but I see that as his possible upside. He only had one really good season, being this year, but he's a declared junior. First round talent for sure. In addition, I think he'll need a year in the NFL to develop, and I still have my eye on 2008 for the Jets to contend for the Super Bowl that yar. The timing would be right....

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Eh, he does have a cool name for some reason... :eek:fftopic:

5. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

I can see the JETS using their first second round pick on a corner if they haven't addressed the need during free agency or with their first round pick. I would love for the JETS to get Fred Bennet the 6'1 195 CB from South Carolina. This guy can cover and can solidify the JETS CB spot for many years.

6. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

In my humble opinion, Meachem has a heart issue, not to mention that torn meniscus that he had repaired a few years back. I remember this guy playing high school ball (he played in Oklahoma). I waited for the longest time for this kid to develope and he came out with a pretty good season.

Hell, at one time, he ran a 4.28 at the Oklahoma Nike camp before his senior season. He obviously was a heck of a talent, but, once again, it's the heart for me. Just an opinion; we're all entiltled.

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'd be shocked if Meachem were to even make it to our pick in the first round at this point. He's big, and a terrific natural athlete, definitely capable of putting up gaudy workout numbers right along side guys like Ted Ginn. I do agree with Trey Ko a bit here as well though, Meachem has been showing flashes for 3 years now, but only had the one real standout season. He has the tools to go top 20, and I feel that's where he'll end up, but there's going to be concern, no question about that (at worst, Tennessee or KC should grab him, because Ginn should be gone by #14 or so).

8. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

Todd McShay was saying he thought 6 Receivers could go in the 1st round this year...Meachem being one of them...

If he times well, which it seems as though he will, he will go 1st round. Too much production and talent to ignore.