Ripple Effect: Good News Bad News for the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Feb 13, 2019.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

It's February 13th and things are just starting. Last week the good news that Kyler Murray commits to football. Now maybe a second top 10 qb. Another trade option for the Jets to drop back in case anyone loves him. Good for us.

Today the bad news breaks. Flacco is going to Denver. Probably takes them out of trading up to three for Locke or any of the other qbs. They can go all in this year and draft a qb next year. The Jets hopes will come down to the Giants and Jaguars. Do they sign Foles Bridgewater etc or it might be hard for us to move back. Maybe Oakland loves one of them and moves up one to guarantee we don't trade.

No matter what let the interesting part and rumors of the offseason swirl. I'll enjoy them but sit back and wait until it all unfolds and I am looking forward to that. One month to go.

#1 AJT73, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Would a Team trade up to grab a different Commodity besides QB? eg Bosa Allen Williams? Ya never know

LAJet likes this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

A team definitely could but I don't think this year someone will. Bosa possibility but I think if he is there we take him. Williams maybe but from our own history if I were a gm I'd be scared to take a d tackle that early and trade draft capital for it. It's definitely happened and not saying it won't but I don't think likely.

4. I dont think this takes the Broncos out of the running for trading up. Flacco can no longer be counted on over 16 games & could just be the placeholder.

This could just be a way to get rid of Case Keenum

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It might turn out OK if Bosa or Allen is still there at # 3.......

Sam Hammer and donkey like this.
  6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

With the depth of this defensive interior class, teams would be fools to trade up for Williams. Great player, no doubt, but with guys like Christian Wilkins and Jerry Tillery (top 10 talents IMO) likely available at a huge discount, there's no reason to trade up.

7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Only real way we can trade back is if someone wants the qbs. Maybe if Bosa falls to us. Anyone else is not worth trading for. Like you mentioned there's enough depth at dline I don't think anyone will trade up for one.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I htink a trade is looking very unlikely.....gimme Josh Allen and lets move on

FJF likes this.
  9. You maybe right but teams all view DL prospects very differently starting w the raw evaluation & further w scheme/fit & otherwise.

While i remain skeptical of Williams it only takes one team to fall in love w his production which is indeed rare to decide to leapfrog someone else.If you hit on williams..youve got a dominant player lined right over the football right in the QBs lap..i think certain teams could buy into that esp ones w 3T/1 gapping schemes

I think we’re more likely to see a trade up for an edge or a QB..but its important to recognize that all these DT/edge prospects will not be created equal within nfl war rooms & trades could be on the horizon

b.reyes16 likes this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Talk about QB hell......how would you like to be a Bronco fan the past few years. Now they're trying another retred in Flacco. I thought Elway was suppose to be a good judge of QB'S. After Paton it's been all down hill for Denver.

#10 BudJet, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

But they did have that one shining moment with Tebow.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The plan for Denver is to move on from Keenum, whether outright release or trade.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

He’s a great player but he’s more of an 3-4 OLB. He would have been perfect in our old defense but not sure about our new one.

14. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Yeah, THANKS CROMARTIE!

15. I disagree..other than his coverage ability hes questionable at setting the edge & isnt as explosive in a two point stance as he is w his hand in the dirt as a pass rusher.

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It amazes me how bad Elway is at evaluating QB talent. They will have around 30 million alloted to the position and no real answer. They have to draft a QB this year or next.

17. He keeps forcing the issue & wasting ammo in the process.

Paxton Lynch really burnt them bad. But theyve shown zero pause or discipline to learn from it.

Supposively Elways affinity for Drew Lock was the worst kept secret at the combine.Stay tuned.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I might be mistaken, but wasn't the core of the team that won 5 straight AFCW titles and 1 Super Bowl drafted by Xanders?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

He can play a 4-3 no problem.....he gets to the QB all day long

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Flacco is a short term signing.

Denver could still look to draft a QB to groom behind him for a couple of years.