Rex's Plan WILL work

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rex2009, Mar 31, 2012.

1. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Rex is still a great coach and motivator. The problem last year was that Schotty lost the confidence of the players on the offensive side of the ball and the inmates revolted. That will NOT happen this year with Sparano in charge of the offense. Also, training camp, which didn’t happen last year, is when he will energize the team and get them all fired up about proving the Jet haters wrong. THIS WILL WORK.

Rex and Tanny insist that Mark is the starter and Tebow will be used extensively. That plan worked in Tebow's freshman season at Florida where he played the same role to Chris Leak when the Gators won a national title.
    Tebow isn’t the usual backup quarterback because he will be playing a lot.

According to Rex Tebow could be on the field for up to 20 snaps in some games. “Rex knows a lot more about tackling football players than he does throwing to them, which is why everyone should pay attention when he talks about defending Tebow”.

“Tim is going to be a major contributor to our football team,” Ryan told NFL Network on Sunday. “With the Wildcat specifically, the great thing is you don’t know if we’re going to run it one snap a game or 20 snaps a game — you have no idea. Every week it could be different. That’s some of the preparation problems he gives you.”

And that’s what this is all about. Forcing a team to prepare for Tebow limits the amount of time that a team has to prepare for starter Mark Sanchez, which could give the Jets an edge when either guy is on the field. About time we’re creative on offense like we are on defense.

Complicating matters for opposing defenses are the new practice rules, which force teams to get more done with fewer opportunities to do anything. Last year, those limited opportunities generally made it easier for offenses to impose their will on defenses.

This is exactly what Rex is hoping to do. This will be good for Mark since he won’t have to grasp a full game plan. The defense will have less time to make adjustments and when they catch up to the game plan designed for Mark in comes Tebow with a new game plan. This could work and in fact I predict it WILL work and prove all the haters and the so called Jet fans that have made this board a difficult place to visit because they spew out their emotions without bothering to perform any rational analysis which would lead to an informed opinion.

He is the true definition of ground and pound and is the perfect fit for Rex’s team. Remember this worked great with Brad Smith. Brad leaves and our offense takes a step backwards. This is not just a coincidence. Rex said "You might be able to stop the run because you have [your defenders] all down there, but that's going to leave you vulnerable on the outside. When we had Brad Smith he averaged 8 yards a carry back there. Was it really stopped? I don't know." Of course, he does. It wasn't.

"Now," said Ryan, "when you put in Tim Tebow, he's a guy who's actually a better inside runner than Brad. Brad was outstanding outside, really did a great job with the option and could throw the football. He really did a great job on the outside, but he wasn't necessarily the inside runner that Tim is.

"Tim runs the inside running game like a fullback. He can run the option. He can throw the football. He can throw on the perimeter. And, trust me, I don't think DBs want to tackle him. It's really a unique skill set that I thought we were fortunate to get. In that system, the Wildcat, he's the perfect guy for it -- not to mention that he's a guy I think will be ascending as a passer."

But it's not Tebow's passing that makes him attractive to the Jets. It's his running. The Jets want to return to the "Ground and Pound" attack that helped launch them ... and Sanchez ... to two conference championship games in two years, and hiring a backup quarterback who averaged 5.4 yards a carry, led his team with six rushing TDs and the top rushing team in the NFL should help.

I mean, if it worked with Smith ... and it did ... why can't it work with Tebow?

"Obviously," said Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin, "that guy has a skill set that levels the playing field in short-yardage and goal-line and situations like that. We're talking about a guy who can run the ball between the tackles and is capable of moving piles but, at the same time, is a legitimate quarterback. Situationally, that creates issues and problems." What does Tomlin know, obviously more than the Tebow haters!

Slamming Tebow on the NY Jets is pretty funny. Everyone has an opinion of Tim Tebow. Tebow is 2x BCS Champion, 2x All American, AP Player of the year, Heisman Winner, 1st round pick (25th overall by Denver) and took a 1-4 Denver team that was floundering to the playoffs and beat the Steelers while throwing for 316 yards and 2 TD ‘s. Oh by the way…He also set the Denver Bronco franchise record for Quarterback rating 125.0 in a playoff game and an NFL record for yards per completion in a playoff game 31.6. His yards per completion tied for third with Eli Manning. Am I missing something? Do the Tebow haters understand statistics? Apparently not! Go root for another team.

I don’t understand how two to three weeks ago everyone here wanted them to stop babying Sanchez and give him some real competition, the Jets went out and got the one player in the league that offers the MOST competition and now it’s a bad thing!

If Rex has problems defending the “wildcat” imagine how hard it will be for other defenses. Now with Tebow working behind Sanchez, Rex says the ‘Cat will be back. “We may run it two snaps or 25 snaps. You have to be prepared as a coach. It takes a lot of preparation time,” Ryan said, adding, “The things we’re going to do with it, people can’t even imagine. We have creative people here — obviously, Tony is very creative. It’s going to be a lot of fun and it’s going to be difficult for defenses. Rest assured, we’re getting ready.”

When the Jets are doubted that is when they WIN. Think about Jet history and you’ll understand that statement. Rex will use this hate to motivate the team like he did in the first 2 years. He’ll also have a training camp to get everyone on the same page and motivated properly. Rex recognized that the problem was on the offensive side of the ball. The defense was together and had no chemistry problems. The offense was a mess because of Schotty. Rex brought in Sparano and Tebow to fix that issue and make the offense as tough and creative as the defense. Also, Tebow has proved everyone wrong as well. The latest criticisms that he wouldn’t be a first round pick, wouldn’t be an NFL starter, wouldn’t win in the regular season, wouldn’t beat the vaunted Steeler defense were all proven wrong. Bet against Tebow at your own peril.

Rex said that the criticism of the trade is unwarranted.

"People have no idea -- we're going to come out swinging," Ryan said. "I hear people questioning us, but we feel great, we're ready to go."

Haters doubt Rex and Tebow at your own peril and when it’s successful go (&*(*(*& yourselves.

2. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

[​IMG]

I'm a huge tool.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You're a towel.

4. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

In before Tebow forum lock

5. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

I didn't think you were capable of reading anything longer than a one liner.

6. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

in all seriousness, rex needs to put up and shut up or he can gtfo with that turd mike tanny

7. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

a 1200 word essay is indeed a lot longer than a one liner

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Not another Tebow will make a difference thread.......:sad:

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

will his plan work in 2009? or in 2012?

10. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

I want to see a more aggressive and ruthless defense on the field that find opportunities to score points

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How about a decent offense to compliment an anually top 5 ypg defense. The defense will bring it, it's on the offense.

12. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Hopefully that with Tebow and others added, that the Jets will be a team like they were in back to back AFC Championship games.

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Rex2009 I agree with as long as he stays as the wild cat Qb. If Tebow becomes our starter we r in trouble.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

15. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

this is a lot better than the one i found way to one up it lol

16. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Yeah ... it wasn't Ryan, it was all Schottie, including the defense that couldn't make key stops when it needed to do so. :lol:

17. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Nice try...

18. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

19. tubby

tubby Active Member

lolbills .

20. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

are you still here posting? i really hope you accidentally ingest battery acid