Rex Ryan on ESPN 1050 now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Steve032, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

2. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

nice, thanks

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Rex Ryan can make a juicy shit look like a glorious gourmet meal. Listening to him talk this team up is something special. I fucking love this guy.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Talked about LT. Thinks he can do big things for the Jets. Knows he has something left, wouldn't have signed him if he didn't. "If LT is the weakness, we must be really good." :)

Kay (being a moron) asked about LT in a backup role. Rex says the best players will play. The hot hand always plays (we saw that last year.)

Rex defends Laury after Kay (being an unlistenable fag) says "lets forget about Laury for a second and focus on LW not being at camp" (fuck Michael Kay... he is a pair of clown shoes.)

Doesn't know why LW isn't at camp. You'd have to ask him to find out why. Even those with shaky contracts situations showed up and that speaks volumes to the type of team the Jets have.

Now the Jets can take the best player in the draft.

Cro - not a challenge. (emphatic no) Cro is one of the best Def. talents in the league. has issues, sure. Nobody is perfect. Thinks he's a good person, loves the game. Revis and Cro is our everyday lineup. This D may be better than last years.

Rhodes - reasons why we made the trade. Good for both sides.

Kay says "you said he could have been the Ed Reed of the defense" - Rex, correcting the invalid radio host "I never said 'Ed Reed', I said he could be a playmaker" He never bought in to the system, but at the end he slowly tried to do what the defense wanted. We now have Brodney Pool. Great range.

Rhodes had a problem with the other coaches. couldn't get the best out of him.

Sanchez's health - he's fine. Comes for treatment on the knee everyday. Working his ass off. Gone to every single offensive meeting. THEY HAVE HIM BREAKING DOWN FILMS WITH THE COACHES EVER SINCE THE OFFSEASON BEGAN.

Weight loss. Props to Duke Medical center. gave him the two options - Gastric or Lap band. Went with the surgery. Woody did some background checks on everything regarding Rex's health and safety.

Has to eat less, and can eat what he wants.

Proud of Woody Johnson. Very passionate owner. Back him all the way. Proud to be hosting the MNF game at the new stadium. the biggest show the NFL has to offer (regular season).

Michael Kay is god awful.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

nice summary, Mick.

Rex Ryan is a messiah.

Love what he said about Sanchez.....this kid has P.Manning type qualities...minus the big forehead.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

any chance they have this up somewhere for us to listen to ? not that it isnt a great summary NDmick, I just love listening to rex talk!

7. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

I can't believe how quickly Rex Ryan has changed the culture of the Jets. Similar to when Parcells came here and everything changed in a positive way. Not saying he as good as Parcells obviously but hes off to a helluva start! Rex is the most important piece to our franchise. Hes a leader, people believe in him and his system unless your a prancing pony, and I hope he and Tanny are here for a very longtime. I see nothing but success from here on out.

Also that should effectively end the Pool vs Smith debate.

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I did my best jotting down the important stuff that was said below.

On Ladainian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, and the running game
    -You always have to do what is in the best interest of the team, if there is somthing that can make us better we will always look into it.
    -Thomas Jones is a tremendous player and will be a great player next year, but you have to make the hard decisions sometimes.
    -Tomlinson is a great player and he can do some great things for us. I absolutely know he has something left, if we didn't we wouldnt have signed him. If LT is the weakness of our team, we must be plenty good. I definitely back him 100% and very excited to see him run behind our offensive line.
    -LT is great in pass protection and can catch the ball well out of the backfield.
    -Rex is excited to see the "three headed monster"- Greene, LT, and Leon Washington.
    -Greene will be a hell of a player and just scratched the top of the surface last year.

On Leon Washington and missing today's team workout:
    -It's unfornutate, we will have to ask him and find out why he wasn't there.
    -It's very good that only 1 person didn't show up to the workout (not counting laury because he just got signed).
    -This shows the commitment of the team, some players contracts aren't great but they still showed up.
    -This team is very excited to get better and is not satisfied with just making it to the AFC championship game.
    -Leon is a tremedous player and a tremendous person, so we will have to ask him why he didnt show up.

On the draft:
    -We are fortunate, we don't have any major needs going into the draft. This will eliminamte mistakes in the draft since we don't have to target a specific position.

On Antonio Cromartie:
    -Rex doesn't think that it will be a challenge to keep his off the field issues under control.
    -Cromartie is a good person. He's very smart and passionate about the game.
    -To see him and Revis in the same defensive backfield is like seeing a Pro-Bowl team, but that is our every day roster.
    -Our defense will be even better than last year.
    -Rex thinks Cromartie is going to return to his probowl form.
    -He will have opportunities to make plays with Revis on the other side.

On Kerry Rhodes:
    -There's reasons why we made the trade. I think it will wind up being good for both us (the Jets and Kerry).
    -We were able to sign a few players with the money Kerry was going to get.
    -Rex assumed he would be a playmaker, but never said he would be Ed Reed- theres only one Ed Reed.
    -Rex was definitely disappointed in Kerry- most players bought into what we were doing, but Rhodes didn't.
    -He sensed there was a problem with Kerry and some of the coaches (Mike Pettine and Dennis Thurman).
    -Kerry didn't turn out to be as much of a playmaker as we thought he would be.

On Mark Sanchez:
    -His rehab is coming along well.
    -Mark comes in for treatment multiple times a day.
    -Mark has shown up to every single offensive meeting with the staff.

On his recent lap-band procedure:
    -I hope it works. I've tried everything, I really did.
    -Rex has been thinking of having this procedure for years.
    -He had the surgery 90% for health reasons and 10% for improving his appearance.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

they will prob have the podcast up tomorrow. i missed it too.

10. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

why cant kay just stick to ruining the yankees for me.

11. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Michael Kay has moments, but he has to be one of the most elitist journalists ever. If you listen to any other person on either 1050 or WFAN, when a caller disagrees with him he just goes off and then begins to rag on all these people he knows who will agree with him

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I didnt get to hear this, but I will definitely look for the podcast if they put it up. From what you guys posted about what he said.. I really love Rex. So glad we have him.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Rex is certainly a great interview. Don't think I will listen to it. I heard Kay on Rhodes and he is quite annoying.

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

No that would be Jesus... Go jets

15. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Revis Christ?

16. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan doesn't drive to work, he walks there on the Hackensack. Sod turning water into wine, turning the New York Jets into Superbowl champions would truly be a miracle.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

18. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

how can you not get fired up listening to this man talk. he has the potential to be the best coach and build the best team this organization has ever seen.

19. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Wrong sport my Canadian friend. Messier played Hockey...........