Rex Ryan mandates changes to Jets offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FinNasty, Sep 14, 2010.

1. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Dialing it back would be nothing but screens and handing it off all the time.

It has nothing to do with the color codes anymore, it has to do with over complicated cadences and stupid pre-snap movement.

Line up and fucking kill someone. Don't be cutesy.

4. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Translation: our offense sucks because our QB isn't NFL material, our WRs are underachieving mediocre nobodies and our #1 RB has Vaseline hands. Get ready for a shitload of 3rd and long draw plays and screens to nowhere.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

^^ (NDmick) Exactly... why the hell do we have to go through this every season with Schotty??? That is probably my biggest frustration with yesterdays loss. The penalties with the defense gelling and Revis coming back. I get that. And I know every game won't be boondoggled to that level. But the offensive play calling. Every year we have to go through this learning period where we suddenly decide that straight basic offense works best.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm sure that's exactly what was going through Rex's head. :breakdance:

7. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

EDIT - Deleted

8. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Wow the guy a few above me should be banned with access only to the new trash talking forum for one week when it comes back.

I'm glad Rex is doing his job as the head coach and mandating changes to the offense..

9. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

exactly!!!!!

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think what Ryan is probably talking about is simplifying the offense. He clearly saw that putting Sanchez in zero-turnover mode was no good, because it also put Sanchez in no score a TD mode.

My guess is he tells Schotty to throw out all the complicated foot-shuffling at the line of scrimmage and just call passes and runs. Hopefully with some play action involved.

I can't tell you how frustrated I am with how poor Schotty's schemes work out. I've been watching this crap for 2 of the last 3 years and all I've seen is QB's setup to fail. That's not the offensive coordinator's job. If his schemes were working then fine, run with them, but they just don't work at this point and really haven't worked since 2006.

Even then I'm not convinced they actually worked. The 2006 Jets were held to 17 points or less 8 out of 17 games and went 1-7 in those games. The 2 games they broke out for 30+ points were against the 25th and 30th ranked defenses in the league.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

TheJetsblog did a great recap of Schotty's history of what you just said. And I agree with all of it.

He just doesn't seem to understand that players are talented enough to execute simple system and make them work, or he doesn't trust his players or himself to run a simpler system and make it work. Either way, he needs to be a position coach and learn under someone or go to the college game, where his option and wildcat offenses would be extremely effective.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

If I were you, I'd jump ship now bru.

13. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"If I were you, I'd jump ship now bru."

If only I could be so lucky; been trying to jump ship for the last 38 years, but the masochist in me keeps coming back for more punishment. One of these days...

14. BleednGreen247

dial it back? thats impossible. dial schittys retardedness back, dont have 7 players moving each snap, dont wait till 1 second is left on the game clock every snap, line up and play some fucking football

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Overall I've had confidence and hope for Schotty but, for sure there have been games that were just maddening like the Bills game last year.... You see, Because that game plan last night beats the bills in that game, when they had the lead in bad weather. There was no reason for Sanchez to throw there and rack up int's.

Last night vs backup CB's you throw the ball DEEP at least 4 times. Just AIR IT OUT for fun..... You have to figure out a way to buy time and let it fly. Maybe WE get the flag thrown our way????.....

But, give yourself a chance here..... Swing the Bat.

Is there a top 10 WORST Schott called games?

Buffalo 09'
    Ravens 10'
    Oakland 08'

16. VinnyT

VinnyT New Member

I definitely don't think that they need to dial back the offense. The only thing that needs to be dialed back is all of the motion/audibles/etc. before the snap that are clearly giving Sanchez way too much to think about while he's working on his pre-snap reads.

Everything else doesn't need to be dialed back, it needs to be expanded. There needs to be more than just sequences of run, run, short pass, punt. Air it out some to spread the defense out a bit, especially when the secondary for the Ravens was as banged up as it was coming into this season. That group should have been tested early, and maybe that would have opened up more running lanes for Tomlinson and Greene.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Can someone explain what the actual purpose of all that slap dick motion is? I mean, I know in Madden you can go in motion to find out if you're facing man or zone defense, but that's as far as I know.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's because nobody in the Jet's organization will address the elephant in the room: when you have this situation through 2 different head coaches and 3 different QB's the odds are that the problem is the one variable that didn't change - the offensive coordinator and his game plans and play calling.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Well the OC didn't commit the penalties or commit the fumbles. The players did that. If Greene hadn't fumbled the Jets would most likely have won the game.