Rex Press Conference 8/12/2010

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Steve032, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

-Nothing really on the Revis front
    -Rex discusses Hard Knocks and how his mom yelled at him for cursing so much
    -Rex praises Woodhead- he always gives 100%
    -Rex says that Conner has a chance to beat out Richardson. "There's definitely a chance, but it's tough to beat out Tony"
    -Mentions Westerman and Lance Laury and how they impressed him

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

cool...thanks for posting, Steve.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

John Conner... steal of the 2010 Jets draft class?

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

let's hope so....apparently the guy hits like a sherman tank....which would make running lanes more easy to attain for LT and Greene.

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

It's hard to call a FB a steal in the 5th round. Still, looks to be a great pick so far.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Conventional wisdom says that sweep runs are for speedsters... but we already saw how Greene did on those runs last year because of his combination of speed and power... imagine those runs with Connor in front of him to absolutely destroy the first defender to try to touch Greene... and then Greene hitting other defenders after that...

I imagine situations like that would be absolutely demoralizing for a defense... especially if they're playing from behind.

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah fuck the Revis jersy my next one is #38. He's gonna be a fan favorite for a long time.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm hoping the Greene/Connor combo is a mirror reflection of the S.Alexander/M.Strong combo from their Seahawk heyday.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

amen to that....i mentioned the same thing in the HK thread. Connor's # will be the next jersey to grace my closet rack.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

12. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I get better quality when the conference is all finished and I can just download the whole thing at once.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I missed the beginning of the Presser. I just jotted down as much as I could during the Presser, so excuse the sloppiness of the text.

-Slausen is a very tough player. He was recruited by Bill Callahan in H.S. Slausen is ready to be a starter in this league. "Could he be the long term solution at G? Yes, I think so"
    -Ducasse is developing but he needs time to learn the system before he can be as physical as possible.
    -Praises John Conner and his toughness/ability
    -On Kyle Wilson- The Giants game will be a great challenge for him. He grew up in NJ and will have plenty of family at the game. He's going to be playing in this league a long time.
    -On the new turf at the stadium- A few people slipped but Rex thinks it's in good condition. The grass is a little longer because there is no wear and tear on it.
    -On players he's looking forward to seeing against the Giants- Joe McKnight, John Conner, Kenyon Cummings, Jason Davis, Brian "Brain" Jackson
    -Donovan Warren- Surprised he wasn't drafted. Plenty of teams wanted him. Wants to see how he does on special teams.
    -Sotale (sp?) from Hawaii. He didn't play football last year. He is still injured. He has impressed Rex but will not play Monday.
    -Marlon Davis: Guard from Alabama. "This game is not for everybody. His head was not entirely in the game and he had some injuries". "Never cut yourself, but some guys do cut themselves."
    -Basped was a great kid, but there's no way he can make it through an NFL season without getting his knee fixed.

Again, apologize for the sloppiness of this. Tried to paraphrase the best I could.

14. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I think I'm gonna wait till the final cuts are announced before getting the Jersey, but I agree with the sentiment.

15. 624

624 Banned

There is absolutely no way John Conner doesn't make the roster.

Even if T-Rich beats him out for the starting FB...he has value on ST

16. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I believe that too, but even so...

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

No need to apologize Steve...great recap. Thanks.

18. jgangstahippie7:18

Good to hear what he said about Warren I though an article mentioned that his spot on the roster was in jeopardy.