Rex looked pretty upset walking towards that hand shake!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

2 weeks ago I started a thread, after the Lions game, expressing concerns about our D. The general consensus was that a win is a win, we're ranked fairly high in total D, so there's no reason to bitch.

After what we just saw, anyone who's unwilling to admit there are serious issues on D is just plain ignorant.

Mark Sanchez, after these last 3 weeks, is becoming the face of the franchise far more than Rex or our D. We are not playing what we are to believe is considered "Jets football". We're winning by the skin of our teeth because Mark, Santonio, and Braylon are winners.

So let's be realistic.

And what the fuck was up with the O-line today? Brick and Slauson look like they have no idea what the other is doing, the only ones who didn't get smoked on pass plays were Mangold and Moore. In the run game they were all pretty shitty.

"Jets football" is supposed to dominate in November/December, so where the hell is it?

2. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

I like that Jets Offensive football is dynamic. We have way too many weapons to limit ourselves to being a 'running team.'

The D is not playing Jets football. He's really got to lay into them; this had better be a rough three days for everyone on D.

3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Eric Smith is horrible . . .

4. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

This D takes half the 4th quarter off every week. And Cromartie just left the reciever wide open on that TD after the Greene fumble. Cromartie is either spectacular or damned stupid.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

We looked great until that fumble by Greene. From there it was just all down hill

6. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

The defense should have to carry the offense back to their homes tonight

7. Wizard Of Odds

Basically the O steps up when it needs to step up and the D collapses when it needs to step up. That's about the size of it.

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I think everyone knows the Jets weaknesses by now because it's the same thing every week: covering tight ends and slot receivers, inconsistency on offense.

9. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Cromartie took the inside receiver, thinking there was a safety up top on the outside guy. He's good but can't cover two guys at once.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Their strategy should be to let the Jets offense go down the field because when they get to the red zone they usually stall. Then hope for a fumble or something. And then on offense, just wait til the 4th quarter and the Jets defense will let you go right down the field at will.

11. Wizard Of Odds

Yeah but he was with the outside reciever until he decided to break away inside. He should have at least turned his head to see if the safety was there to pick up the outside man before he cut inside because the field was ridiculously open.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think we still have a ways to go. Our play calling is inconsistent at best (Why didn't we pass all day against their awful pass D?). Our defense has shown weaknesses (covering TE's, passes over the middle) and it will blow leads in big spots. We still have way too many STUPID penalties. We continue to struggle week in and week out with bad teams.

We've also only beaten 1 team all year with a winning record. 8-2 is obviously fantastic, but I think the Pats and Steelers game will show if we are truly elite.

It's great to see the Jets find ways to win every week instead of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Guess theres a reason that you are a stuttering jets fan huh?

14. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I agree especially about throwing more often on the leagues worst pass defense. The problem with Rex is he doesn't mind winning tight games and just never seems to let the offense go full throttle. If you look at the Pats they are always going for more points regardless the score. I'm saying this because lets face it, our pass rush is not very good and as we saw today teams can come back on us pretty quickly.

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I've never seen anything like it. He is exactly that on a minute to minute basis. Spectacular and then just friggin retarded the next. As soon as he broke off I was like wtf is this ass hat doing, and sure enough....

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Agreed but does he have eyeballs?

17. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

Terrible...every time you see him he is being burned...

18. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

Looked to me like most of the pressure came from Mario Williams taking advantage of Woody's absence.

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If our safeties keep this shit up we might have to start playing 4 corners every down