Revisiting the 2009 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by wewantsapp, Jul 31, 2009.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

A little bit of the old MMQB before the season starts --- nothing on the tube tonight. Just thought I?d take a stab at a re-draft.

1) #17 (17) Kenny Britt WR 6?3? 218 Rutgers
    2) #20 (52) Fili Moala DT 6?4? 305 USC
    3) #12 (76) Kraig Urbik OT 6?5? 328 Wisconsin
    4) #15 (115) Sammie Lee Hill NT 6?4? 329 Stillman
    5) No Pick
    6) #20 (193) James Davis RB 5?11? 218 Clemson
    7) #19 (228) Jamarca Sanford FS 5?10? 214 Mississippi

2. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

1) Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers
    2) LeSean McCoy RB, Pitt
    3) Rashad Johnson S, Alabama
    4) Sammie Lee Hill NT, Stillman
    6) Brandon Gibson WR, Washington
    7) Mark Parson CB, Ohio

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

1: Maclin WR
    2: Phil Loadholt OL
    3: Dorrell Scott DL
    4: Jasper Brinkley OLB
    6: Bear Pascoe TE
    7: Rashad Jennings RB

4. wewantsapp

Decided to change my pick on my 2nd rounder.
    F--k it,......I said Jarron Gilbert 3-4 DE from San Jose State all spring & I'm going to stick with it.
    Back in April, I didnt think there was a chance he would be available at our 2nd round pick, so I'll take him instead of Moala.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Don't misunderstand me, I'm thrilled with Sanchez and Greene...............but if we didn't trade picks......

1) Jeremy Maclin, WR
    2) Sean Smith, DB
    3) Dorell Scott, DL
    4) Anthony Hill, TE
    6) James Davis, RB
    7) Jaime Thomas, OL

#5 WW85, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

1.WR Darrius Heyward Bey

2. S Mike Mitchell

3. DE Matt Shaughnessy

4. Wr Louis Murphy

4 Olb Slade Norris

6 WR Nick Miller

7 TE Brandon Meyers

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Heyward Bey wasn't available at #17...this is a Jet's draft site.

The thread is for Jet fans, based on the Jets' picks if we didn't trade up for Sanchez.....not Faider Fans.

You're a troll...plain and simple...get lost!

I can't believe Petrozza allows you to post on this site!!!

#7 WW85, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  8. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Whats the thread title. Revisiting the 2009 Draft. To be fair where does it say Revisting the Jets 2009 draft. This is the draft forum right , not the Jets forum.

BTW . I know your a little sensitive by jumping the gun on Raiders draft choices. Hey even Mel Kiper makes mistakes.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Your boy DHB is tearing up Raider camp...tell him it's a WR's job to catch the ball.

Say what you want, you post your trash to piss people off.......a pure troll!

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Listen everytime i try to have a debate with you, you run and hide.

First the Mike Mitchell pick you were so ready to kill the Raiders (there is a diffrence between an amateur draftnick and a professional)

Tuesday camp notes
    Let's not talk about the first-round pick dropping passes for a moment. Rather, lt's move onto the second-round pick who is trying to drop ball carriers.

Rookie safety Mike Mitchell came close to delivering a KO during team drills Tuesday morning, putting a huge thud on running back Gary Russell on a screen pass. It was the loudest hit of camp, to be sure, and good luck remembering the last time a Raiders safety made a play like that -- in practice, or otherwise.

Imagine what would have happened to Russell if players were allowed to follow through with tackles.

"I've been waiting to do something a little bit but I'm still kind of scared because coach always says don't take any shots on anybody," Mitchell said. "But I'm going to have to try to get loose out here because it's no fun when you can't play like yourself. Hopefully I won't get in too much trouble but I want to start taking some shots."

Mitchell was just as impressive in coverage, which is no small thing for the small-school player out of Ohio. Remember, Mitchell missed all but one week of OTAs because school was still in session.

He looks anything but behind out there. He had two pass breakups Monday morning. He also picked up a coverage read where he charged to play the run, saw tight end Zach Miller peel out on a pass pattern and chased after him.

Mitchell will be the focus of tomorrow's newspaper story. He's everything else that won't fit in print.

NOw on to DHB. DHB has had very good practices and very bad practices so far. He has to find the consistancy. DHB has proven so far in camp that he explodes off the line of scrimmage.(going to scary the bejeeves out of a defense) HE basically will be the deep threat to stretch the field. Open it up for the other Raider weapons to suceed.

Let see javon Walker 6'3 215 has a good chance of being Nfl comeback player of the year. Walker been putting a show on adjacent field Running, jumping and catching the football. (his leg looks in great shape) look out NFl. Still two weeks away but even his biggest critics are starting to believe in the player.(what they are seeing him do)

Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 4.37 has looked like a man playing against boys in training camp. HE was abig reason why Raiders passed on crabtree for DHB( schilens who is actually 6'4 Not 6'1 like crabtree will be running the same patterns crabtree would have.

Louis Murphy 6'2 205 Has been very impressive in all the ota's and that has continued in training camp. His numbers will be better than DHB.

Nick Miller- This little smurf has been the talk of training camp. This kid just makes plays. (big plays) jamarcus Russell thinks he has a good shot to make the 53 man roster.

Throw in potential Afc Pro Bowl TE Zach miller 6'5 255 and RB darren Mcfadden( Bigger faster charlie garner who has some serious Wr skills)

you throw that all in, Raiders can be real patient with DHB. All he has to do is stretch the field. He will defintely do that.

#10 Raiderjoe, Aug 4, 2009
  11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

[​IMG]

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I don't run and hide. This isn't a chatroom, it's a messageboard. Talk about hiding...WHY DO YOU HIDE YOUR USERNAME????...that's hiding ...change the setting so I know your on this site. You sneak around this site and are afraid to to let others know you're on-line.

I could care less if you believe "I'm an amateur draftnik".

You're a Raider fan, good for you, but you're so myopic about your Raider players. I call the Jet's drafts the way I see it. I was the loudest voice here last year not wanting Gholston and still hate the pick. I never see your talk in a negative tone toward your Raider's draft picks and believe each pick was the best possible pick...especially your great Rd 1 and Rd 2 picks this year. A true, honest Raider Fan would admit that Mitchell could have been gotten for a cheaper price (later rd).

I don't hate all Raider's players....I'm a huge Kirk Morrison fan and wished the Jets drafted him. I believe Morrison can become a pro-bowl player. I followed Morrison's career at SDST and even saw him live at OSU (Horseshoe) and loved his style of play.

Joe....you just seem to try to convince all, the Raiders are perfect, their draftpicks were the best choices, and all the moves the Jets make are idiotic.

13. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Im not hiding either. I fixed that.(didn't know I was on invisible mode)

This was discussed already. You don't know iF mitchell could have been had later(bears were going to take him in second round) IF Mitchell goes on to be an all pro at safety , do you really think it matter what round they took it him,(thats silly) . Raiders traded back as far as possible(Before bears pick) in second before drafting Mitchell. You try to get too cute and try and get player later. What happens if that player not there, and he goes on to have a hall of fame career. Bill Walsh once said " You like a player enough, don't be afraid to reach for a player". Raider coaches two weeks before the draft thought he could make an immediate impact on their defense.

I never wanted DHB , I would have went for Eugene Monroe or BJ Raji. Raiders didn't go in that direction. I understand why they drafted DHB. They want to get their big arm Qb as many big play weapons as possible. (Teams want to load up to stop the run, they must pay the price)

You like kirk Morrison, he will be a free agent next season. Kirk Morrison in a battle for his MLB position. Seems like they like Ricky Brown. (much faster player) How he does in run support will say alot if he gets mlb position. There is a good chance Raiders let morrison leave in freeagency. He good but he can't do the things Thomas howard can do. Howard is defintely a priority signing for the Raiders.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I liked Morrison for a 3-4 MLB in Mangini's system.. I'm not denying Thomas Howard is a better player, but Howard plays outside and it's apples and oranges. Howard can truly become a special player. I doubt we would go after KM, since BS and DH occupy the middle. KM always seemed to be a strong tough runsporter and could fight off O-linemen to make a play.

I'm not sold the Bears were going to draft Mitchell in Rd 2...it's pure speculation. The Bears traded their Rd 2 pick for a Rd 3 & 4. I believe they traded their pick because Robiskie was off the board and that's who they were targeting. They got an Interesting player in Rd 3 in Gilbert, who may be better suited 3-4 DE.

#14 WW85, Aug 4, 2009
  15. wewantsapp

RaiderJoe --- you know very well that the only relatively decent intelligent pick that Al Davis made was Louis Murphy in the 4th round. Its the only "value pick" they made all weekend. Everyone else taken on the Raiders board was an utter reach pick that would have been available in later rounds.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Why is there a disfunctional ex-con Raider fan on a Jet forum?

I may get pissed at the Jets for some of their choices but the Raiders??

There a laughing stock and hopefully your fatASS realizes at least that much.

17. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Some say Kirk Morrison should be playing olb instead of playing inside.(mlb) Raider coaches have thought about moving him. It really all depends on IF Ricky Brown an upgrade at MLB.

The only thing bears confirmed they were looking to draft a defensive player. Its funny as soon as raiders drafted Mike Mitchell the bears quickly traded back.(good indication that was their pick)

18. sunnycalzone

sunnycalzone New Member

switch britt for percy or maclin and you've got yourself a winner