Revis chat - nfl.com

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GBA, Apr 29, 2009.

1. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/232

It's easier to read on NFL.com, but if you're too lazy to click the link:

DR - Hello fans, his is Darrelle Revis, the No. 1 cornerback in the NFL. I look forward to answerng your questions.

Q - Only Jets fan out here in Wyoming, i swear! How much is defensive playbook gonna change with Ryan at the helm? Cannot wait for this season! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
    DR - Thanks for being the only fan in Wyoming. Yes, the playbook is totally different from when Mangini was there. We're going to be way more aggressive and we're going to blitz alot.

Q - Hey Darrelle! I am a huge fan of yours and have been following you ever since you came to the JETS! I was just wondering what is it going to be like this season having to cover arguably the two top receivers in the NFL? and how are you going to take on that challenge?
    DR - Thanks for being a fan of mine. It's going to be fun covering those top wide receivers. I've watched both of them before, so I know what type of game they have and I'm looking forward to it.

Q - I am a huge Jets fan and a fan of yours, how do you feel about the additions the team has made to the defense, and do you believe that the Jets can make it to the playoffs this season?
    DR - I think the key players that we got in the offseason and in the draft are going to help us a lot this year. We still have the same guys from last year's team on defense, so it's just a matter of us executing and making plays. I think we can make it to the playoffs. We are going to jump on Mark Sanchez's back.

Q - Thanks for taking my question Darelle, I was wondering what your impressions are of Lito Sheppard after minicamp?
    DR - We got Lito in the offseason. He's going to be the other starting corner. He's a two-time Pro Bowler and has proven himself to be one of the best in the league, so we're happy to have him as a Jet.

Q - who is the most challenging reciver you have had to cover?
    DR - I'd have to say Chad Ochocinco.

Q - Do you think Sanchez will be your starter from day 1?
    DR - He's our fifth pick overall. So, I'm sure they are going to throw him in the fire, it's just a matter of when they are going to do it. We have other quarterbacks there, Kellen Clemens knows the system, so it is just a matter of Mark coming in and learning the playbook.

Q - what was your favorite team growing up?
    DR - Whatever team my uncle, Sean Gilbert, played on was my favorite team.

Q - How did you come down with that one handed interception in the probowl?
    DR - Anquan Boldin had my other hand, so I just tried to reach out with my right arm and see if I could catch it. I didn't think I was going to catch it, because I thought it would bounce off my shoulder pads, but I happened to reel it in and make a great catch.

Q - Do you think you have all the weapons to be a superbowl winning team?
    DR - Yeah, I just think we have to believe.

Q - What was going through your head on draft day?
    DR - On my draft day I was wondering where I was going to be picked and what team was going to pick me. This last draft, I was thinking about who the Jets were going to pick. We made a big move to jump up and get Mark Sanchez.

Q - Was the University of Pittsburgh your favorite school growing up?
    DR - Yes it was. I only took one visit and that was to Pitt, because I knew where I was going. I had already set where I was going.

Q - Do you think Brett Favre will come back?
    DR - No.

Q - What is the biggest difference/adjustment between Ryan and Mangini
    DR - Mangini runs a more intense camp. Rex is more of a laid-back guy.

Q - Darrell how did it feel going to the Pro Bowl with the other vets on other teams?
    DR - It was a good experience. I had fun. It was just another stepping stone in my career that I wanted to reach.

Q - How much different is it playing in the nfl to playing in college?
    DR - In college you can get away with a lot of stuff. You can use your athletic ability a lot more in college. In the NFL, everyone's good. You have to study more and be a student of the game, because EVERYBODY's good.

Q - If you had it your way, would you stay with the Jets for your whole career?
    DR - Yes I would.

Q - Who is the funniest guy on the Jets Football Team?
    DR - Bryan Thomas.

Q- I'm the only fan out here by far but i was woundering how do you think our defense will be this season? and do you think Bart Scott will be a major impact on our defense?

DR -I think the defense is going to be great. We're going to try to carry the team. Defense wins championships, so that's what we're trying to build. Bart Scott was a big pickup for us in the offseason, he was successful in Baltimore and he'll be successful with us as well.

Q - everyone knows it takes chemistry to have a winning team do you think the locker room has the kind of chemistry to have a winning season
    DR - Everybody is very close with each other on the team. The nucleus we have is good together. We just have to use that on the field, so we can win games.

Q - Hi Darrelle. Whose the most cocky player you've ever played against? (or with)
    DR - I would have to say Jay Cutler.

Q- what is the funniest prank a jets player has pulled on one of your teammates since you have been there.
    DR - Last year, Brett Favre killed a turkey and put it in a trash bag and put it by one of our players' lockers, and the player freaked out.

Q - Hey Mr. Revis, big jets fan from across the pond. In your opinion who is the best corner in the NFL?
    DR - Me.

Q - Which team has had the best offense that you played against?
    DR - Probably the Patriots.

Q - Hey Darrelle, Have you and Coach Ryan talked about you returning some punts this year?
    DR - No, I'm not doing that. They won't let me.

Q- Who is your favorite rapper ?
    DR - Lil' Wayne and Kurtis the Kid.

Q- Waz up Darelle! I'm a huge fan of yours! How many int's do you think you'll get this year?
    DR - I don't know. My goal is to get eight.

Q - What is your most memorable game youve played in the NFL?
    DR - When I got two interceptions against the Cardinals last year, and took one back for a touchdown.

Q - Hi Darrelle! If you diden?t play cb, what would you play instead?
    DR - Wide receiver.

Q - hey darrelle, big fan of your work at pitt. were you and lesean mccoy close friends when you played together? and who would win a race between the two of you?
    DR - Yeah, me and LeSean are cool. I would beat him in a race, though.

Q - Hey Darrelle. How does it feel to Intercept a pass and than take it back to the house ???
    DR - It feels great.

Q - Hi Darrelle, would you like the season to be extended to 18 games and 2 less pre-season?
    DR - Yeah, because that means we would get paid more.

Q -who is the fastest JET, what about strongest?
    DR - The fastest Jet is probably CB Drew Coleman. The strongest is probably DT Kris Jenkins.

Q - Hey Darrelle!!! If you didn't play football, what would your career be? Go J-E-T-S!!!
    DR - I'd be in the NBA.

Q - Dancing with the stars...would you do it?
    DR - I might consider it. It depends on if they called me or not.

Q - how waz it to play with brett farve
    DR - It was cool. He's a good guy.

Q -Darrelle, if you had one wish, what would it be?
    DR - That I had a billion bucks!

Q - if you could be any super hero who would you be
    DR - I would be Mr. Manhattan on the movie called The Watchmen.

Q - Who's your favorite baseball team? and basketball team?
    DR - My favorite baseball team is the Yankees and my favorite basketball team is the Portland Trail Blazers. I hope they beat the Rockets.

Q - who is your favorite basketball player.
    DR - LeBron James.

Q - If you had to choose a nickname what would it be ? unless you already have one ?
    DR - I already have one. It's shut down.

Q - who was your favorite NFL player when you were a kid?
    DR - My uncle Sean Gilbert was my favorite player growing up.

DR- It was nice talking to everybody. I enjoyed the questions. Keep supporting the Jets.

2. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

answers are very generic, as expected. he's a litter cockier than i expected tho lol.

3. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Mostly pretty pointless questions and answers, but these few stuck out to me. Sounds like DR is really confident that Sanchez will get some starts this year - wow - not an auspicious sign for KC.

Glad to hear that he wants to stay a Jet. I guess you expect him to answer that question that way, but still good to hear.

LOL to the answer about Cutler.

LOL to the dead turkey in the locker - I wonder who caught the brunt of that prank.

4. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Is this real? Sheesh, he's one cocky mother fcker :) I didn't expect that at all.

5. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I like his attitude. If you don't think you're the best you're not going to be the best.

6. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

for the turkey in the locker room, i've heard another jet tell that story and they said it was a linebacker.... my guess it was bryan thomas cause revis said he's the funniest and favre probably got ripped on and needed a comeback.

7. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

it was Eric Barton

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

He loves himself AND the money... oh well.. as long as he keeps being one of the best in the business no prob...

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Q - Hi Darrelle, would you like the season to be extended to 18 games and 2 less pre-season?
    DR - Yeah, because that means we would get paid more.

Q -Darrelle, if you had one wish, what would it be?
    DR - That I had a billion bucks!

Wow... does he like more the cash or the game...?

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Q - Hey Darrelle. How does it feel to Intercept a pass and than take it back to the house ???
    DR - It feels great.

really? i always thought that'd feel like shit...

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah he is a bit on the cocky side...his play warrants it tho

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Eh, at first I thought it nullified the whole chat session because I thought a 5th Grader was responding, not DR. But then I figured he's probably just kidding -- if people are gonna ask dumb questions they'll get dumb answers (although, the extended season is a good one; I'm interested in players' reactions regarding this).

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

yeah he's gonna demand a monster contract when his is up. 1 billion dollars.

14. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Reading this im liking Revis even more
    To play football, especially cb you have to confident its not being cocky he just thinks he's the best. And Nnambdi and Revis are 1a and 1b in my book. Its interesting reading how he still thinks Chad Johnson is still the best wr in the league i would love for the jets to get him instead of plax(even though it wont happen)

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

someone needs to tell him that his nickname is Revis Christ.

Then refer him to this board, have him PM me, and i'll tell him who I am and what TD dance to do after he gets a pick 6.

Him and Rhodes stole mine after his 1st pick 6 against the Cards last year... I do that one all the time.

16. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

that's pretty faint praise of Lito.

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I read the first answer and that was enough for me. I love it!! Blitz and be aggressive!!

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

DR - It feels great.

19. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Damn, he's all about money. I'll be worried when his contract nears an end. :sad:

20. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

Here are five better questions that fans could have asked Revis:

Do you or your teammates read the fan forums or blogs?

Do you listen to fan input about your game?

Did Mangini use the defense correctly last year?

Did bringing Favre aboard last year set the team back?

What do you think of Ashley Spivey?