Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GQMartin, Mar 6, 2009.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Picking this shit up as soon as it comes out.

Let's online multiplayer/ co-op...add me

EndlessEight is my alias.

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42056

As much as I like the concept and everything, but the Controls in the Demo drive me crazy. It?s so frustrating, when you get caught by one of this huge dudes, because you?re moving like in slow motion.

I?m not spending 70,- ? on this, but I?ll probably pick it up sometime later.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I knew there was a Resident Evil 5 thread....

For some reason I only see 14 threads in this forum, that not being one of them

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I was really looking forward to this game, but the demo soured me on it. now I'll wait until I can get it for $40 bucks in a few months.

5. rillo

rillo New Member

Agreed, I played the demo and the controls SUCKED! However I did like the game, have it on my Gamefly queue.

6. Christian

Christian Active Member

Oh man i didnt realize they were doing midnight releases for it at gamestop. Hopefully it isnt sold out when i go to pick it up today.

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

I've been playing this for the past few days. I finally got a hang of the controls and how to organize everything to be totally convenient.

The game is awesome. I'm surprised. This really truly the first time I've ever played a Resident Evil game. I played some of the earlier PlayStation ones but never really to a point of playing through it. I've played this for a bit the past 2 days.. I just mowed down some big ass yeti-looking thing from mounted guns on a truck.

Awesome game. Worth a rent. I don't know if I'd say buy it, though. For me, a game has to have online now a days for it to be a buy. This has online but still... it's the story mode. Kinda weak.

8. Christian

Christian Active Member

Ive been waiting for this since it was first announced in 05. Just a simply amazing game in my opinion. My only problem with it is the AI on your partner at times. Sometimes he'll just fuck up completly and not shoot anything when were being overrun by enemies and then sometimes hes mowing everything down with the rifle.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

I just hardly give Sheva anything to work with. I prefer to play online with someone in co-op so I know what to do sometimes. This game easily has the best graphics on the 360 along side Gears of War.

I'm on Chapter 4-2. The grenade launcher is badass. I can't wait to keep moving on in the game. Fantastic shooter.

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I got this game thru Citi Rewards, so I didn't pay a dime on it. Now that I have it, I wouldn't have minded paying for this game tho. To be perfectly honest, I'm playing this game over Killzone 2. It's just more entertaining.

I gotta say, I wasn't used to the controllers at first, but this is becoming one of my favorite Evil's. The graphics are amazing on the PS3, the bosses are pretty bad ass and I like how some cut scenes require player interaction.

Right now I'm working the marshlands and collecting some statue to open some gate somewhere I'm assuming. Def recommend it to rent or purchase.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

Yeah. I like that too. Reminds me of the Spiderman 3 game. Although the rest of the game was pretty weak, I liked the idea.

12. Christian

Christian Active Member

If you like RE5 then you should definetly pick up RE4 if you have ps2 or gamecube. What difficulty are you playing on? Im currently at the end of 5-3 on professional. The game is completly different from veteran. Almost everything will put you in dying status and the bleed out time is maybe 2 seconds. Resident Evil 4 started the interactive cutscenes. They were really fun then and its still a blast now.

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'm playing on whatever the default difficulty is. I don't have a PS2 or Gamecube or else I might actually check that out. I'm on 360.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm on chapter 6 now. I played on normal difficulty, I'll have to play on the hardest setting because the game was really easy. I just wish it was more the like other REs with puzzles.

15. Christian

Christian Active Member

RE4 is also out for the wii and pc. In order to unlock the hardest difficulty you have to beat the game on Veteran. The end of chapter 6 was pretty tough, gotta fight 2 reapers and 2 guys with gatlings guns at once along with the normal enemies that attack you.

16. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I finished the game (RE5) and it's one of the best games I've ever played. The game is a combination of Metal Gear...Tomb Raider...Gears....God Of War

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'm on 5-2. I pulled some lever and all the sudden some giant fucking spider thing jumped down and mauled me to death. I saved it after that and I'll deal with that shit another time.

That part where you call for the elevator and those dog like things start attacking you is intense. Me and my partner were tangled up every 2 seconds. It was crazy.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

after reading rmagedon6's post about buying through Citi rewards, I checked my points and have more than enough to get it, but just can't bring myself to. I'm gonna give the demo another run this weekend and see I change my mind. if not, I'll just wait for the Godfather 2.

19. Christian

Christian Active Member

Oh yeah the reavers are a pain in the ass. They're alot more difficult to fight when your AI partner refuses to shoot at them. Just wait till you get to chapter 6-3 and fight 2 of them at once.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Have you guys tried "The Mercenaries" multiplayer mode? I think you have to beat the game to get it, but it's mad fun.