Redskins have deal in place to ship McNabb to Vikings

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ace_o_spades, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Washington Redskins have agreed on compensation to trade veteran quarterback Donovan McNabb(notes) to the Minnesota Vikings.

Now, it’s a matter of seeing whether or not the Vikings can re-work McNabb’s contract to their suiting in order for the deal to go down, according to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network. That will require the Vikings to crunch some numbers with McNabb’s agent Fletcher Smith.

Otherwise, you could look at a scenario where the Redskins wind up having to dump McNabb. The Vikings probably will not be giving up much for the veteran quarterback. Some have speculated a seventh-round pick or a sixth at highest would get the deal done.

The Vikings don’t want to invest too much money in McNabb, either, not with Christian Ponder(notes), their quarterback of the future in place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y..._deal_in_place_to_ship_mcnabb_to_vikings_5433

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Here is a fucking surprise, McNabb getting out of that shithole.

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Interesting. That would put Ponder on the bench for a year or two. Unless McNabb returns to old form, I think the Vikings may end up in the cellar this year in the NFC North.

4. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

the deal is two 6th round picks... can't complain about that if you're a Vikings fan

5. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

for 2 6th rounders? you have to take it if you are Minny.

If AP can be a top back with T-Jax as his QB, he should at least be able to do as well with an older, albeit less dangerous version of McNabb than what he used to be. Either way, I think it would be a mess to rush any rookie QB onto the field with no offseason workouts or any time to meet with coaches.

6. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I could see McNabb having a bounceback season in Minny.

That whole team is too old and incomplete to be serious contenders (especially if they lose Rice,) but I have a feeling that Donovan isn't completely done yet.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I'd consider this a boon to Percy Harvin's fantasy stock.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If they bring back Rice that's a pretty solid offense he's gonna be working with. I could see him having a nice year

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This could also increase the odds of the Vikings re-signing Sidney Rice. Reports initially had Rice possibly heading to Seattle but now that Seattle has Tarvaris Jackson and Minnesota has Donovan McNabb that could change. Obviously if the numbers are close you'd probably want to catch passes from McNabb.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

McNabb could be an issue with that deal as (from reports) he sees himself as still being able to play at the top level for another 3-4 years and he will want a long term contract that reflects that - and he knows in Minny he is just keeping the seat warm for Ponder.

11. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Just saw on NFL Network, Vikings agree to trade deal, 6th rounder in 2012 and possible 6th rounder in 2013 for McNabb.