RB David Wilson @ 47???

Discussion in 'Draft' started by MarionBarber31, Apr 15, 2012.

1. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

http://rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40328/60/draft-2012-the-running-backs?pg=2

Josh Norris over at Rotoworld has us taking RB David Wilson of Virginia Tech at 47.

Thoughts?

Also found this at Rotoworld:

According to STATS X-Info, Virginia Tech RB David Wilson led the nation in yards after contact in 2011.

Wilson's 990 yards after contact were 267 more than Trent Richardson's, and the sample size isn't skewed. Wilson had 290 carries to Richardson's 283. According to the National Football Post's Dan Pompei, the STATS X-Info is being used by "several teams" preparing for the draft in two weeks.

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Interesting... I'm not sure I love using our 2nd pick on a RB since we have so many other holes, but if he turned into an Arian Foster or a Ray Rice it would certainly be worth it. It would definitely help the offense.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

I would be for it. I would rather Doug Martin, but Wilson could definitely add the explosive factor that this backfield severely lacks. He has to work on his carrying and pass protection, but other than that, there arent many flaws in his game... Although, I would have liked to see him run between the tackles more at VT; a lot of his runs seemed to be to the perimeter.