Ray Lucas on SNY DN Live

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 27, 2011.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Ray Lucas was on DN LIVE tonight. The way he was talking about Sanchez I felt he was pointing out him as the problem. He mentioned that Sanchez has taken a big step back from last year. Also felt Schotty's play calling should be questioned. Also held Tanny's feet too the fire for not having enough Oline depth.

2. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

He's right though. Sanchez still makes some dumb throws, can't go through his progressions, and takes unnecessary sacks as a result of not stepping up in the pocket.

Also you can hate all you want. The truth hurts.

3. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

He's an idiot, who cares what he says

4. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I'm not sure offensive line depth was the problem. Depth implies that the back-ups were not good enough to fill the holes left by injured starters. Other than Mangold missing two games, the offensive line back-ups were not really called upon to do that much.

I would say Tanny failed to put together a good starting starting five on the offensive line. That was the real problem, not depth.

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Agreed. Being an ex-player, he's not as big of a tool as Adam Schein, but it's really close.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Truth hurts. Take it like a man and move on.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I haven't watched SNY in a long time. Does Ray Lucas still look like an alien?

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

He is on the money. Sanchez sucks. Schotty sucks. And Tanny had a brutal off-season.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

....and Rex is a Saint.

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Everything this guy ever says smells strongly of envy and jealousy.

Seriously, beyond simple game talk that he provides from being in an NFL huddle, he offers very very little to anything.

He wishes that his talent and potential could hold Sanchez's hot dog condiments.

12. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Ray Lucas makes decent points but his criticism of Sanchez is poor. The way Lucas speaks abt Sanchez's play would make you think Lucas was a all pro, border line hall of fame qb. I think Lucas had taken too many hits to the head and does not remember how good or bad he was.

Some players can be good analysts even though they may not have been great players, I think Dilfer, and Hasselbeck are good. Lucas acts like a homer but tends to focus on the negative aspects of the game instead of the broad aspects of the game. I am not gonna say he doesn't know what he is talking abt, bcuz he does have some knowledge.

Btw Steven loudmouth Smith actually had 2 good interviews with Rex and Sanchez

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Your right! He's stupid.

I would much rather hear what you have to say, than an actual former NFL QB that played in NY.

14. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Of course, u agree with him.....

What is the saying.... Stupid is... Stupid does...

15. DanR

DanR Active Member

If you want to know the definition of a good QB just look at Eli. Do you know how many times his WR core has changed? (no excuses) how many team injures he's deal with? (no excuses). But he doesnt get coddled, he just makes his team better.

Jet fans wanna make so many excuses for Sanchez but he just isnt that good. He's had a lot of opportunities to win. He just very inaccurate and takes forever to get things rolling.

And as many times as Schotty is brought up, I'm not too sure about Giants OC as well, he seems suspect. But Eli still seems to make it work. Sanchez doesnt strike me as being able to make things work in tough times, you gonna always have to have to surround him with a probowl players in order to win.

Truth hurts.

16. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Look at Eli's 1st three seasons. Turns out, truth actually hurts you.

17. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Of course he is envious and jealous. He was a shitty NFL player who never earned what Sanchez earns, never fucked chicks like Kate Upton, and never had Sanchez's life. However, that doesn't mean he is wrong.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude, he played for the Rut during disgraceful years. Do you listen to Theisman? He played in the NFL as a real player, and he is close to brain dead. Playing in the league doesn't make you an expert.

19. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Do you dolts even research the BS you spew???

Look at mannings first 3 years vs Sanchez!

Almost identical.

Up until last year vagiants fans were screaming about Eli.

And are you going to tell me that Nicks, Cruz , Manninghan and Ballard are not better than our WR????

You have to be joking.

Not to mention, their oline is one of the better pass blocking lines, they can't run for shit, but they pass protect very well.

I swear you idiots are just brain dead.

20. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Lucas tries too hard to be outspoken. He said in his post game something like Kyle Wilson struggled all year so why was he covering Cruz. I mean Kyle did have a rough game last week but to say he struggled all year?? Maybe Lucas though it was 2010 again.