Ray Lucas NFL Offical PAST Page, in Detox (Facebook)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Feb 8, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This is the first I'm hearing of this so please delete if it's old news.

"Ray Lucas NFL Offical PAST Page At the airport in Dallas with Randy Grimes & Jen Smith heading to BHOP to start treatment for my pain killer addiction that was caused by my NFL injuries . I am shitting in pants. I can't beleive it is time. Monday I was ready to go but now that I have to go I can't leave cause Randy Grimes will tackle me & i and my wife would kill me . Ready to board. Follow my journey through the process on FB . More later ."

"Ray Lucas NFL Offical PAST Page I arrived in Fla.Randy tells me not to be nervous but that is impossible I am in the car on my way to BHOP/Seaside. Nervous about everything, my palms are sweating. This weather will be good for my body. Got a text from my mom she & my family are relieved I am here. I am on my way to start my life over. Can't believe all the FB responses already its a good sign & the support is needed."

"Ray Lucas NFL Offical PAST Page The end of day 2 detox. The symptoms of detox are taking hold ,I am in a lot of pain & everything hurts.This gets me scared. This place is amazing, having another player, Randy Grimes, who has been through it by my side is a difference maker. Today in a session for the first time in my life I was dealing with the emotional impact of my departure from the NFL .This is the start of the fight & I AM WILLING TO FIGHT!"

Link- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ray-Lucas-NFL-Offical-PAST-Page/109340722458473?v=wall

He's doing this in conjunction with http://www.pastpain.com/ , all news to me.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Amazing for a player who never played a full season.

3. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

See? He's a quitter. Fuck quitters.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He's clearly still scared from finishing his career playing for the gay sharks.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

One of the most approachable former Jets I've ever met. You can just walk up to him and crack jokes. He's great.

6. MadBacker Prime

Yeah he was great in the 1050 tent pregrame, he would sign everything and was very nice.

This kind of explains it, he was high. lol

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I've been lucky enough to work with him for a little while, and he is legitimately a great guy. I've met other former Jets/athletes many times, but none come close to him when it comes to interaction with fans. He's also one of the funniest people I've ever met.

#7 Green Hurricane, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  8. MadBacker Prime

So he's going to keep his job right?

Do you think that's why he's doing this publicly? To FB your whole detox process must be tough to do. I've had some back problems and it's no picnic getting off that shit after a doctor has you hooked for a year.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Drug addiction or any addiction for that matter is no joke. GOD bless you Ray Lucas and good luck on your road to recovery.

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

That's pretty fucking awesome that you've gotten to work with him. Unlike others, I've never met him, but he's by far my favorite radio/TV personality because he is so clearly and unashamedly (sic?) a Jets fan! I wish him the best, and think it's cool he's sharing his journey for others who may need to do this type of thing but are afraid to.

11. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Best of Luck Ray, Hang in there homie.

FUCK DA HATERS.

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

like him on sny hope he gets better

13. cathyjets

cathyjets New Member

Ray Lucas is a stand up guy and a true JET!!! My daughter cheered with his daughter a few years ago for an All-Star cheer gym and he couldn't have been nicer. My daughter was injured during a competition and he was her biggest cheerleader, calling her by her first name and urging her to never give up. I was amazed at how compassionate and down to earth he was. I watch him all the tine on SNY and respect and admire the man tremendously!!

14. Slagan7

Slagan7 Member

Actually, if you work for a decent company, they will not only support it, but even pay for it (Really depends on what type of employee you are). You can also have insurance cover it, so I don't think he will lose his job.

15. NYCSmiths

NYCSmiths New Member

Three important things to remember:

1. He has to work with Adam Schein each week. I think we can all give him a pass on taking drugs.

2. This may negatively impact his ability to hook up with Jeane Coakley.

3. Accordingly, this may positively impact my ability to hook up with Jeane Coakley. Which is why I'm all for it.

Best of luck Ray. See you in September.

16. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Ray Lucas on SNY might be the best football commentator there is. Incredibly insightful, and never afraid to speak his mind. He is one of just a handful of broadcasters who actually teach me something when I watch. It's no surprise to hear that he's a great guy off the field, he just seems like that kind of person. Let's hope he can overcome this--but let's remember just what these players go through during their careers, especially someone like Ray Lucas who was willing to do anything to help his team.

17. yankeeswin84

yankeeswin84 New Member

the SNY Jets post game show is one of the best sports shows on tv and Ray Lucas is a big reason for that, best of luck man.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Tackle the problem Ray and come back better than before.

I read he is mainly doing it for his family life. Give him props for trying.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Painkillers are destroying lives at an alarming rate. Maybe it's because I'm down in Florida, the oxy capital of the country, but I've seen a lot of people destroy their lives on that garbage.

Good for him for trying to kick 'em. Good for him for making it public. Maybe he'll end up helping more than just himself along the way. I wish him the best of luck.

We are RU!!!

20. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

All the best to a former Jet.