Ravens game

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Brook!, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Me and one of my friends are thinking on going to the Ravens game. This will be our first game in Baltimore. How is the game experience over there for away fans? Comments appreciated.

2. no psls

no psls Banned

Fans are cool ; you'll have no problems ; been there twice ; Saw Clemens hand off 800 times .

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Haven't been to a game there in years but it was a great experience. The inner harbor is fun (for a little while) so it's great for a long weekend. My daughter went to Loyola for her freshman year, didn't love it so she transfered, but I was down there alot. Fun little city.

Some real good local crab shacks with some great micro-brews, but I can't remember any of them!!

But it IS the south (not the deep south but still) so get used to a little culture shock--it ain't Brooklyn :grin:

_

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'm going with a couple friends.

5. Brook!

Thanks for the info. I am hoping we can catch a game together on the road. Try to join us if you can for the Ravens game. By the way my kids were born in Brooklyn that's why my username is Brooklyn but I live in Madison,NJ for the last 6 years.

Which section will you guys be at? We didn't buy the tickets yet. Hoping Ravens will lose to Bears this Sunday so prices go down.

6. JStokes

I grew up in Long Island but for a very short but intense period me and my incredibly sadly dearly departed wife lived in Brooklyn, was a great time in our lives. 1985-1987 was an outstanding time to be there.

Been in Northern Bergen County since 1987.

_

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Baltimore is a cool city and a great place to watch a game.

They'll give you some natural ribbing, but as long as you aren't a tool they will treat you with respect.

8. Brook!

Sorry to hear about your wife. May her rest in peace. I live in Madison, NJ and work in Englewoods Cliffs. Hell of a commute every day. It is still better though. When I lived in Brooklyn, I had to commute to Morristown everyday.

Thanks. I am a mild person. I don't even wear Jets gear at Metlife. I guess we will blend in just fine. If and when we score a TD, I wanna be able celebrate without the worry of being beer thrown at.

9. JStokes

Taking my advice I see :up:

_

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Maryland is not the South. It's south of New Jersey but it's certainly not "The South" by any means. Plus it's Baltimore, which is a pretty typical city.

I should be going to the game too. My friend who lives just outside Baltimore has season tickets invited me to go so I'm going with her.

11. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Been there for games. 99 percent of the ravens fans are cool. I got some major shit from this one dude in my section last time I was there. I didn't say a word or act out of line. This dude was throwing batteries at me, change, food, full beers. He kept screaming J-E-T-S suck suck suck (so original). I eventually got up, stood on my seat, turned around and repeated the following "you know we suck, and I know we suck ans if Kellen Clemens beats your defense you might want to consider your season as good as done"

And then, the guy got up and left and the whole section applauded. I did not pay for one single beer for the rest of the day.

12. JStokes

First of all it's below the Mason-Dixon Line so technically speaking.

Second, while I qualified it by saying it's not the Deep South, it is most certainly the south. It ain't the Northeast or Chicago or Indy or Cincy.

Anytime you walk into a diner and you're greeted with "mornin" in a drawl it's the south.

I love Baltimore but its typical for a southern city. A northern southern city, but southern nonetheless.

_

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Section 102. paid about 280 per ticket

14. no psls

no psls Banned

:finssuck:

#14 no psls, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I've never been to M&T but I went to see the Mets play the Orioles for a couple games a few years back now and I was surprised as to how "Southern-ish" it was. It's not Alabama but definitely a noticeable difference, and people were definitely friendlier than up here. Not saying that is the case for all, but generally when you get away from the tri-state it is usually more cordial.

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

hey guys any of you tailgating or is there anywhere cool to go pre-game near the stadium?
    edit so the stadium is in the harbor didn't realize that. cool

#16 74, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  17. Brook!

My friend bailed out on me after last weeks debacle in Buffalo so I couldn't come. Enjoy your day and let us know how it went please.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

thanks pal. gettin some drinks and grub with friends at this place called sliders right next to the stadium. enjoy the indoors, it's cold and windy as hell here!