ravens cant rule out patriots cheating in AFCCG....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Hobbes3259, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Interesting....

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ngland-patriots-cheating-in-afc-championship/

2. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

so the ravens new excuse is..... we were too stupid to keep track of the downs, and then were too stupid to take the timeout when the clock was running down?

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

All they had to do was take a timeout and they could have avoided Cundiff rushing onto the field.

4. Thesanchize81

Thesanchize81 New Member

My theory is that they thought the Pats will take a timeout and were just messing about. They did not want to freeze their own kicker and really thought the Pats will do it. They waited, waited, and it never came, he had to rush it at that time. So I will say their excuse should be that they were stupid and not insinuate cheating.

5. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

considering the downs are kept on the field with the yardmarkers and by the officials raising 1, 2, or 3 fingers, that's total weaksauce.

6. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

now that I've thought even more about it, at places like Legion Field, it's a blessing when the scoreboard is operating at all. I can't tell you how many times we went to games there and had the scoreboard blink out during the game.

7. gopats88

gopats88 Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/41167/ravens-cant-blame-scoreboard-gate

Cundiff jogged onto the field at a pretty normal pace, did the usual three-steps-back & two-to-the-left routine, and still had a solid 5 seconds left on the playclock before they snapped it at 0:01.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nURz04Y9s8

People also don't seem to realize that he was 11 for 20 on FG attempts on the road this year. They were only talking about how he was perfect in the 4th quarter.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm guessing this happens on a fairly regular basis due to human error.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

They should dock the Pats a 1st, and a second since they have the last pick in the 1st rouns

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

If a headcoach had said that, he'd be fined up a wazoo.

11. grumpynyjetsfaninME

the scoreboard messed up during the 01 afc championship game.. i rember it saying 3 d 3 yrd but it was 2 and 3.. happens all the time with the time pats.

12. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

The patriots and cheating? Never....

13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Let me preface this by stating I do not think that the Pats were cheating or take merit in this statement.

But Cundif did not jog on the field and he did not have time to do the three steps back and 2 to the left routine - this was discussed on many sports shows. He was running and they just got it off.

The reason why the sticks being wrong could be considered a factor is that Cundiff is not watching the game intently, he is on the side practicing and is probably glancing at the markers to keep pace on when he might be called upon. Blame still lies with the coaches to make sure he knows when it is time to go - just stating a fact on how it could be a factor.

This is not hindsight as I was yelling at the TV way before the miss - Harbaugh blew this one and should have called timeout, can't take it with you to OT so it was basically wasted.

14. CleatMarks

CleatMarks New Member

1) scoreboard is not official. Time and down are kept on the field.
    2) They had 2 time outs.
    3) If NE wanted to cheat, that's a pretty weak way when the other team has 2 time outs
    4) He choked

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

can't rule out? With the Pats, I just assume they're cheating most of the time.

16. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I linked to a youtube video showing Cundiff running onto the field and kicking the FG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nURz04Y9s8).

Where exactly was I mistaken?

I'll admit that the whole thing looked a bit more rushed than usual, but not so much that it should have had even a slight effect on the outcome. He went through his normal routine then stood in place for 4-5 seconds before the ball was snapped.

I understand that you are not criticizing the Patriots here, but honestly what part of my first post was not correct?

#16 gopats88, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  17. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

The sticks were fine, the only place the down was wrong was the scoreboard display in the end zone.

18. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

There is a video linked in the post you quoted, he jogs onto the field, lines up, and stands in place for a good 4 or 5 seconds before the ball is snapped. He didn't look hurried. You're going to go off of what the sports shows stay and ignore the video evidence?

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't think the Patriots were cheating either (this time)...

BUT

I think where the confusion started is when there wasn't a booth review of the Lee Evans drop/catch.. I think the Ravens sideline thought it was going to be reviewed so they were in no hurry to come onto the field until they had too.

Should have been reviewed. That's my beef. But that's part of beating the Patriots, you have to deal with bull#### like that.
    Seriously though, situation flipped and Brady throws it to Welker and his girly arms can't hang on like Evans and its being reviewed no matter what.

20. Thesanchize81

Thesanchize81 New Member

No, whoever was controlling the scoreboard thought that Boldin's fumble resulted in a first down. So while flaco was throwing for a second down to Evans, the scoreboard thought it was first down. This is what caused all the problem. I really think it is an honest mistake this time.