Ravens at Eagles -2.5

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Eagles are the favorite against the Ravens albeit in Philly. Is there something I don't know because this looks like a pretty solid bet. Shocked Ravens aren't favorites.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

People enamored with the Eagles talent probably bet the line to that point

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Ravens are much better on D and much better on O. I trust Flacco way more than Vick. Definitely putting 50 on the Ravens.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I hate the Ravens, please win Eagles.

Go Jets!!!

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Much better on D definitely. I don't know about much better on O. It is a good bet tho. I gotta remember to do some parlays on Bovada. That's where the big money is

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I remember Baltimore came out of the game on fire against Pittsburgh last year, but then lost on the road to the Titans. Vegas seems to like these Baltimore week 2 traps.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Ravens are definitely better at home. It is also a question how strong the Bengals D is right now, and that may have been a factor in Monday Night's game. But on the face of it the Ravens now have as potent, or nearly so, O as their D. Put it together and I would say the Eagles should not be favored, even at home, against them. We shall see.

Flacco at this point is far more durable than Vick, who also threw four ints. Lots of people love Vick, but to me he's one hit away from putting the Eagles season at risk.

8. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

The Eagles looked absolutely awful and very fortunate to win against the Browns

9. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

This line's gonna move before sunday

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Eagles are better than what they showed Sunday and Bengals made the Ravens look better than they are, though they're very good.

Line seems about right to me.

11. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

I don't see the Eagles winning this one at all, and their performance against the Browns did nothing to convince me. I agree with those that say this is a very favorable line.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Ravens played a division rival and one that went to the playoffs last year. Eagles played the Cleveland Browns. Not just the Cleveland Browns though. The Cleveland Browns with one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen. His QBR would be a good ERA for a pitcher.

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are convinced. Just remember the Ravens smoked the Steelers 35-7 opening day last year then lost to the Titans 26-13 in week two.

If picking winners was as easy as how good a team looked the week before, we'd all make alot more money betting on the games.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Usually, look at it at a 6 point swing between home and away, unless we're talking about one of the superpowered offenses.

So it would be Baltimore -4.5 in Baltimore, which makes sense. Philadelphia has talent, and Baltimore is a MUCH better home team. But it's hard to go against the Ravens here getting points.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Thats true. Titans weren't a bad team last year though and the way the Eagles played last week just gives me no confidence in them. This week they should just feed McCoy all day. Vick throwing 4 picks and should have thrown a 5th to end the game that the Defender dropped is the reason why I have no confidence in that O.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that.