Rate the Coaching Staff 2015 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsO12, Jan 7, 2016.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well here it is guys. Lets see what people really think. I am going to keep it simple with just grades for ST, DC, OC, and HC. Feel free to add whatever additional team personnel you like. Personally I feel I was taken to the top of the Empire State Building and dropped into freefall. I vacillate between mildly positive about the future. to absolutely perplexed about how the CS helped or hindered the team this year.
    ST-Bobby April (let go yesterday) F

DC-Kacy Rodgers B

OC-Chan Gaily A

HC- Todd Bowles C

The grades I think speak for themselves. Record season on offense but vaunted, much heralded, highly rated D not so great. Special Teams, a mess. The inspiration, motivation, game planning, adjustments, discipline of Mr. Todd Bowles.... for this year over 16 games including 1/3/2016 "win and we are in"..... MEH

shonnfrank likes this.
  2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

ST ... F
    DC ... B
    OC ... B
    HC ... B
    GM ... A

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

Agree about MM the most important asset we have

4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Id give Gailey a B+. Easily the best OC we've had in 10 years. Probably more. Yeah the improved personnel helped but his system fits Fitz. Just wish he was less predictable on 3rd and shorts and stick to the gameplan once getting down.

Not many times this season did the team get down by 7 or more and come back to win.

As for the defense , who knows how much Rodgers adds to the defense. Sort of the same thing with Petine and Thurman when Rex was here. We know they have some say in the defense but we also know that the head coach is running it.

In terms of overall defense, Id give Rodgers a B. In terms of overall head coaching moves (gameplan, team prep, in-game adjustments), I'd give Bowles a C

April doesnt even deserve my rating.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Rodgers- B- I thought the defense was fine. It wasn't an elite unit but I didn't have any problems with it either. It was more than good enough to win big with. If we had the Revis/Cro pairing of 2010/2011 then this unit might be the best we've had in a long time. Those guys are older, it happens. That's not Rodgers fault. Hopefully a guy like Milliner steps up next season for us.

Gailey- A- I can't say enough good things about the offense. Most of it's already been said on this board, we got a career year out of a journeyman QB. We have 2 stud receivers who played like stud receivers because they were put into a position to succeed. Ivory ran the ball well and Powell came on very strong at the end. The O-Line was garbage but the adjustments were made for it. Great job. I'd like to see another younger receiver like Smith or possibly Enunwa eventually start to emerge cause Marshall is over 30 but that's nitpicking. Great year for the offense and one of the best offenses I can remember.

Bowles- B- I thought it was a good first year. The final game in Buffalo stings but winning 10 games in your first year as a HC is a good starting point and something to build off of. Bowles seemed to have the respect of his players, was involved in both sides of the ball, and handled the media exceptionally well when tested early on. I'm happy we have Bowles as our coach. He's got a chance to be pretty good here IMO.

VaBchJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Would you like to include a poll for this?

7. NYJetsO12

Sure but I am at work right now

8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I agree ... so many people bashing TB think its uncalled for ... sure he made a few rookie mistakes and wasn't an all world coach but man we seem to forget very quickly how far down in the depths of hell we were just 12 months ago

FlaJet likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

how about rate the offense

Gailey A -
    Fitz B
    Marshal A-
    Decker B+
    Ivory B -
    Powell B +
    Ridley D
    Kellen Davis F
    Cumberland F-
    Kenbrell Thompkins C -
    Enunwa D
    Kerley F
    Devin Smith D-
    Carpenter A
    Ferguson D
    Mangold A
    Winters D
    Colon C
    Giacomini C-

Jets69 and 94Abraham like this.
  10. matt robinson 17

Defense

Wilkerson A +
    Harrison A +
    Williams C
    Richardson C
    Douzable C
    Pace D -
    Harris C+
    Demario Davis F
    Maudlin C
    Reilly C
    Henderson B -
    Pryor B
    Gilchrist C
    Cromartie C -
    Revis B
    Skrine D

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey Ol Buddy, how does one rate a F-minus? :D

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  12. matt robinson 17

Special Teams

Bobby April Z -
    Quigley Z -
    Kerley F -
    Cromartie F
    Bullock D -
    Purdum B +

pdxdrew and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. matt robinson 17

It's an old Fisherman's term for non existent!

#13 matt robinson 17, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Brook! likes this.
  14. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

That's too high for Quigley. That fucking guy. So bad. My blood pressure just shot up reading his name. Fuck you, Quigley, and whatever dirt you have on Johnson that keeps you employed by the Jets.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

ST ... D --Kicking game was fine when Folk was healthy, Coverage teams seemed to do average/better at times. Punting and both return teams left a LOT to be desired.
    DC ... C --Talent wise, we had a top defensive backfield, and, along with the Rams, a top Line. I really think we should have been the #1 D in the league this year.
    OC ... B+ --Great. I don't care about our TE situation if Chan doesn't. Some of our decisions re: which RB gets carries in which situation were questionable.
    HC ... A- --This grade is curved for a 1st year HC. Still has some issues with clock management. Really looking forward to the next few years b/c of this guy.
    GM ... A --I don't know what he could have done better, other than punt for us. If he had picked up a real punter at some point, he'd get an A+.

16. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Jun, 24 2014
    Jets WR Coach: Kerley Can Play Every Position

Sanjay Lal Likes the Depth of his Wideout Group

Everyday of the 2015 season
    Karl Dorrell
    " Who the f is this Kerley guy you speak of?"

Seriously tho, I remember in the pre season how the entire WR core seemed dynamic in the catches they made. Down the stretch all of the WR's had some awful drops. Still, overall it's was considerably better than anything we got from that bum Lal.

Karl Dorrell - A-/B: Depending on how much blame for the awful late season drops on him.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  17. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

The staff did a nice job overall this year. Still annoys me that 5/6 losses we were favorites in.

Gailey did an excellent job

18. NYJetsO12

Rookie Head Coaches

What is the hardest adjustment to make

Not really getting this...it's like you are an OC or DC and don't see/learn what your HC does?

Organizing the team, overseeing things, rules, meeting times, pressers and????

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bowles gets a B+ for his first year would have been an A if it wasn't for the Buffalo loss.Bowles seems like someone who will get better overtime unlike Rex.Gailey gets an A+ ,I mean in training camp who would have predicted two 1000 yard plus WRS a 1000 yard RB and Fitzpatrick breaking the Jets TD record .I still don't belive it happend

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

ST ... F
    DC ... B
    OC ... B+
    HC ... B
    GM ... A

pretty close