Question on the local broadcast last night

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Aug 15, 2021.

1. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

I am out of market. I remember when I lived in the tri-state they had a broadcast for both the Jets and Giants. NFL network had Bob Papa and Carl Banks. Also noted that Bruce Beck did an interview with CJ Mosley so looked at is if they were trying to do some Jets stuff as well.

2. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

The announcers were total Giant homers. They were also the worst announcers I have ever seen doing an NFL game. There was one point were the announcer was talking about what a great play the Giants tight end made on a catch for a good minute, when within 5 seconds after the end of the play you could hear the announcer at the stadium saying incomplete pass (the ball was trapped). There was another point when the Giants had a 2nd and 7 play that looked like it ended with the Giants having a 3rd and 2 or so - the jets had some kind of penalty that was declined (pursuant to the stadium announcer) and the next thing you know the screen says 1st and 10, the first down yard markers say there are 7 yards to go for a first down and there is no discussion of any of this by the announcers. No discussion of the penalty, no discussion of why it was now supposed to be 1st and 10 or anything else that could be useful. My best guess is that there were offsetting fouls on that play so it went back to 2nd and 7, but I'm still not sure. The worst announcers ever. They shouldn't be doing a pee wee football game, must less an NFL game.

abyzmul, HomeoftheJets and AndyDrums like this.
  3. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Was sitting there getting more and more aggravated listening to Carl Banks' annoying voice and the non stop excuse machine coming off of that broadcast last night, Those 2 a$$clowns had to make excuses for everything the Giants did badly, commenting on how they had to clean up mistakes on virtually every play. Going in, I knew it was going to be a rough one because Bob Mama has always been the #1 Giants shill, but Carl Banks has gotten progressively more senile and worse over the years, and has taken unlistenability to a new level. I cannot understand why they can't do a Rangers-Islanders-Devils thing were there is a commentator from each broadcast team in the booth, although listening to Greg Buttle is no easy task either.

#3 AndyDrums, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Papa is good. Banks is one of the worst color guys in the sport.

5. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Giants were the "home team", so it was a Giants broadcast with the usual Giants broadcast team of Bob Papa and Carl Banks.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Banks has been brutal for damn near a decade. He's unlistenable but unfortunately there was no other option last night. When I listen to Giants games I always find the opposing teams broadcast on Sirius. He’s an excuse machine as someone else already pointed out.

AndyDrums likes this.