Question about Mangold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mangenius, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Mangenius

Mangenius New Member

I have seen a lot of very positive posts about Mangold. Most of you seem to believe that he will start from day 1 and go on to many probowls. Some of you even think that he is sure to be a top center "for the next decade." What makes you people so sure? If he is going to be the best center in the league for the next ten years, why did he fall to 29? Had we not picked him, he could very well have fallen to the middle of the second round.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Saints would have scooped him up in a heartbeat at #34 if we didn't take him, no doubt about that. He fell that far because he's a center, not very common for a center to go very early in the draft.

3. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I think he might start early

4. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

He also fell becasue most of the other teams went with D players!! They also said that he could play G if need be!

5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

centers just drop, they do, that's all there is to it. Especially when you teams like the Giants drafting a DE high EVERY YEAR.

6. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

If he starts early – which of our quarterbacks will become intimate with his sack first – Chad or Patrick?

7. Hazardous Waters

What do you mean, "you people"?
    You insulting my heritage? Don't make me bring my sweaty, hairy, 300 lb. ass over there.

But seriously...

I'm pretty high on him. He's gonna start soon, if not right away. The guy mauls kids.