QB's to watch

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by CotcheryFan, Jan 24, 2022.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

A friend of mine who follows college football more than I do has identified three QB recruits who he expects big things from. Everyone knows about Arch, but the following QB's could be top prospects in 2025 or 2026.

Cade Klubnik - Clemson

Drew Allar - Penn State

Conner Weigman - Texas A&M

Of course, it's possible none of these guys pan out, but given how the NFL could use more young QB's, it's worth keeping an eye on them in upcoming years.

Sundayjack and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good thread.

I think Spencer Rattler will rebuild himself and be the next Russell Wilson type. He is a natural passer like Wilson was and a transfer is a great opportunity to polish oneself

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I think Rattler sucks.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I thought Rattler could’ve found a better place. It felt like Ole Miss was perfect but Lane usually wants more of a dual threat and I imagine he’s recruiting Caleb Williams hard right now.

I like Jake Haener from Fresno State too but man does he throws some terrible interceptions.

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'm really looking forward to seeing Klubnik, but I'm wondering if we're going to see him until at least 2023. If he beats out both D.J. U and Hunter Johnson to start in 2021, it's a sure sign the kid's the real deal.

I'm also interested to see where J.T. Daniels lands.

RE: Arch Manning - The way coaches are clawing at each other for the privilege of giving Arch a handjob, I'm sure he's talented. But, the guy I watched play on ESPN during the season didn't really strike me as a generational talent. I have to assume that was just an off-night.

6. Sundayjack

Yeah, I'm with you on Rattler. If he wanted to go to a university and a coach that could have improved his skills and draft stock, Ole Miss was the place. The lesson on Rattler from 2021 is that he's emotionally fragile. My guess is, he was attracted to South Carolina by the family-type atmosphere Shane Beamer is building - where, if you make a mistake you can count on a big ol' hug to protect you from all the loud and scary football men. (Don't get me wrong, I really like Shane Beamer. He's definitely building a program with a softer-gentler approach, though)

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Daniels just can’t find the right place to land, man. First USC turns into a mess after he foregoes his senior year in high school to go there, he gets hurt and loses his job and then Georgia opts to go with the less talented but more heady quarterback who knows the system and the team loves.

Kid has all the skills in the world. He had all the makings of the next high drafted USC quarterback and was super fun to watch as a true 18 year freshman throwing up bombs to Amon-Ra St. Brown and Pittman. I always thought they made a mistake moving on to the “next big thing” Kedon Slovis because he had the big Kurt Warner endorsement.

Sundayjack likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah I’m not really sold on South Carolina but they ended up being everyone’s darling at the end of the year because they beat a Auburn program in a rebuild/turnover period with the new coach and a Florida program in absolute shambles.

He does seem to be taking the Debo route of God, Family, Country with maybe less of the “God” part than Deebo installed.

9. Sundayjack

I feel for the kid, because he seems to have all the talent in the world, but also seems a little soft when it comes to injuries. He gets a pass for his knee. With his oblique, it's almost like he never thought it was possible to lose his job to SBIV and would just step right back in once he was 100% healthy. At first, it looked like that's exactly what Kirby was doing. He missed Game 2 against UAB, came back the next week against South Carolina and threw for 300 yards, played "hurt" the next game and split time with SBIV. It LOOKED like UGA was trying to work him back in. By the time he was "fully healthy," Georgia was on such a roll that nobody wanted to screw with that. Except me, because I hate watching SBIV play, but my vote wasn't counted. I wanted him to grit through the pain more than he did. Easy for me to say, though.

10. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

So I watched Manning Texas scrimmage and it's my first real viewing of him. I was surprised by how weak his arm strength looked. Now I gotta go on youtube and see some clips of him out of curiosity.

joe likes this.
  11. Sundayjack

Saw that. And, with the one high school game I saw, it really bothers me that I’ll have to wait at least another year for a quality I-Told-You-So.

I’m sure I saw the only two games he sucked, though.

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Drake Maye from UNC has all the makings of an NFL QB.

13. Sundayjack

Quoting myself - just as a shame placeholder.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Westlake HS. HOF High.

15. Sundayjack

Straight out of QB Central Casting, they said. I’ll never learn.

16. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

What y’all think of this? Also I’m not well versed in college football but how is it he’s only played against 5 top 25 teams? I would have thought USC scheduling would have had more than that.

[​IMG]

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Because they're not in the SEC ;)

NYGalPal likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jake Retzlaff of BYU is hanging in with 14th ranked Oklahoma tied at 17 and the Sooners just lost Dillon Gabriel for the game. Retzlaff's third ever start I think.

I wonder how Young Zach would have fared in this game.