Qb Watch2017... Choose one

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Cman68, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Idea popped into my grey head this morning.. :)

How about this to make this upcoming fb season more interesting. Those of us that can follow out of market CF can pick a college Qb to follow. Try to watch their games and give a short critique afterwards. Those of us with DirecTV have an advantage although I understand that xfinity also has a large selection of college games to follow.

Tell me what you guys think...

2. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I try to do this every year. Form an opinion on some of the guys, that is.

Some recommended reading:
    Sam Darnold
    Josh Allen
    Josh Rosen
    Luke Falk
    Jarrett Stidham
    Baker Mayfield
    Lamar Jackson
    Mason Rudolph
    Nick Fitzgerald
    Jake Browning
    Chase Litton

Probably missing a few guys a little more under the radar.

3. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

I don't know enough about college FB to contribute ,but I like the idea! It gives folks like me an idea of what might be coming in next years draft. For better or for worse I rely on TGG for a lot of info/opinion on the Jets.

I have become infatuated with Rosen (seems like a less douchbaggy Manzel with just enough of that DGAF attitude to make me think of the Joe Willie Guaranty) and plan on watching as much of him as I can this season to see if he'd be a good addition to the Jets next season......

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm gonna roll with Josh Allen as he's a favorite of mine. I think I get a lot of games from his conference (big sky?) Whatever SoCal games I get will be a bonus so I'll watch some Sam too.

5. JetLion77

JetLion77 New Member

FTR Josh Allen plays in the Mountain West Conference.

I'm surprised that Trace McSorley from Penn State was left off of the list. He had a breakout season in 2016.

6. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Fire up the old thread!!

I'm watching Clemson to see what the hype is about

7. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

What did you think?
    I watched the YouTube highlights of the game, what I noticed off that was that a lot of his yards came from throws to RBs with yards after the catch. Few throws that he made downfield were impresssive though, he has an good arm on him and can throw some rockets. There were a few scrambles as well, he's pretty fast for his size and can make plays with his feet.
    I hadn't seen him play before, I was impressed by what I saw but definitely need to see more of him to form an better opinion..

8. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I feel like all these guys look like they have good arms in college.. my main takeaway was exactly what you said his WRs and RBs made plays for him. Didn't see anything too exciting but they were playing uva so didn't need to pull out all the stops. I'll be keeping an eye on him for sure