QB trade proposal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Feb 15, 2017.

1. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

I am in the major rebuild camp and thus I want to keep draft picks. I also think Petty/Hack aren't ready to start beginning 2017. What do you think of Richardson and the #6 pick to Cinn for McCarron and the #9? The point differential is about equivalent to our high third rounder so net is like Sheldon and our third for McC but we don't lose any picks. Money matters less to Bengals as well under cap.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think McCarron is the answer at QB so no. I'd rather keep Richardson and use our pick on Watson.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The Jets are going to be bad in 2017. Go with it--trade down and get more young talent. Embrace the suck, and the team will be better for it 5 years from now, fight the suck and they'll be in the same place 5 years from now.

4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I would rather trade Richardson for a LT somehow. Bring in Glennon if the price is right, draft a WR/LB/DB or RB at #6.

5. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

I would still be looking to move down from 9, just think no good QB options out there and this might be a way to get one more. My alternative route is full fire sale and write off 2017. By always trying to compete we inhibit really laying a foundation in a rebuild. Also, this draft appears weak on OT and QB , two of our huge needs. It seems decent to good in dbs which we need so that would be an area to target although some would scream if we drafted defense first again.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He's still young so it's not a horrible idea. Give him one year to get used to our system before things get serious with a more finalized team around him.

7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think Cinci gets too much in your scenario. I don't like McCarron chances at being a #1 enough to give SR up for.

8. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I think the best way to utilize Sheldon in a trade, is to trade him to a team with lots of OL talent, namely the Cowboys. The Jets need OL talent like fish need water. The ONLY way I can see this team being competitive in 2017 is to completely overhaul the OL and add a great young RB like Fournette? Having a good running game would be something for Jets fans to look forward to this season and could make an otherwise very bad QB look much better. But more than anything, it's a start in the right direction.

So I would prefer Sheldon to be traded for an all pro OL. A left or right tackle would start the rebuilding process off the right way.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What team is trading an all pro LT or RT for Sheldon? That might be more absurd than your suggestion of starting a rebuild with a RB.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How would that work? Who is going to trade their starting LT (that's any good) for a 3-4 DE/4-3 3T DL? IF they were willing to trade their backup, would he be any good, or would he equal Richardson in talent/value? I just don't see that working.

I love the out of the box thinking, and wish it could work, but just don't see it actually working.

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised a Bama fan posted this?

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Roll Damn Tide

Leicester Jet likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Richardson to the Cowboys for La'el Collins or their 2nd round pick. Make the offer and let them decide which one they want to give up - they'll give up one or the other.

Mainejet likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The question that needs to be asked is: Is McCarron the Answer, or will he be soon? Probably not; probably never. So he just becomes an expensive roadblock to guys who might be. Plus, trading down and giving up a chance for a difference-maker which the Jets desperately need doesn't make sense to me. You might get a difference-maker at 9; you will get a difference-maker at 6.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They didn't last season. Why would they now? I think we'll be lucky to get a 3rd round, maybe even a 4th round pick for him.

TonyFtLaud and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

McC is one of the 3 I was interested going into FA but that's too high a price to pay IMO.

17. Br4d

They'll do it now because they really want to pressure Aaron Rodgers inside. That's fighting the last war over again but it's something that everybody does.

18. Br4d

Picking up McCarron would be a lot like the Seahawks signing Matt Flynn in 2012. It worked out for them but not because of Flynn.

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don't see a Russell Wilson on our roster so the similarities end there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Br4d and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  20. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I like your optimism here, Br4d. Now we need an over-performing, undersized college QB who everyone knows is good but thinks can't make it in the NFL. College ball experts, it's on you!