QB is the only non-violent position in football

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Br4d, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Been thinking about this a bit and wondering if Tebow is unwilling to make the switch to another position because of the violence he'd have to inflict on a regular basis?

What got me thinking about it was watching Tebow in his limited appearances as an H-back last year. He had a couple of really effective blocks that put people on the ground and that appeared to be followed by apologies after the play.

It's pretty clear at this point that if Tebow wanted to play H-back he could probably make the transition. It'd be a learning process but he's very capable of making the switch.

The question is whether or not he's prepared to hit people on a regular basis and inevitably hurt somebody? I'm not sure the answer to that one is cut and dried.

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Kicker is pretty non-violent. I do think there might be something to this, though.

Do you actually have a video of him "apologizing" after a block?

3. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

I dont think so, as a freshman he would go out of his way to run over dbs. It hasn't stopped either remember how revis ducked him after tebow turned away from the out of bounds line to try to hit him lol.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think Tebow is about as phony as they come, but he always ran with some violence to his game. Perhaps now taht he has some money this may be true, but it was not so at flordia.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I never saw Tebow apologizing to any defender after trucking the said defender during his run to the first down marker. Now, he would apologize to the defender when he wasn't carrying the ball? Now that's a news to me. I don't think that can be any further from the truth.

6. BleedGreenDaily

Who cares Teblow is gone and he can go to the Canadian leagues.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Kicker and punter would be ahead of QB.

They rarely hit anyone.