PSN Down

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Royal Tee, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Funny, I was playing KZ3 last night and stopped to move my PS3 to the Media room downstairs... When I connected it I got an error code, I was like fuk.
    Checked my settings, router.. everything was gool so I went online w/the search code and saw that the PSN was down.

What are the chances of that happening exactly when I moved my system? lol

I then started thinking about the recent hacker threats and now it seems that SONY may be hiding something...

[​IMG] Sony's Playstation Network is down, and it may not come back up for a couple of days, according to the official Playstation Blog.

"While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage,
    we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running," Sony spokesman Patrick Seybold wrote.

Europe's Playstation blog previously said the company was investigating "the possibility of targeted behavior by an outside party,"
    but that message has since been removed. Hacking group Anonymous, which attacked Sony's servers earlier this month, claims no involvement.

Talk about terrible timing. This week saw the launch of Mortal Kombat, Portal 2 and SOCOM 4, all of which have an online component.
    SOCOM 4 is a Playstation 3 exclusive geared mainly towards online play, and includes big incentives to buy the game new.
    In addition to disabling online play, the PSN outage affects the Qriocity music service, Netflix, MLB.tv and any other service requiring a PSN login.

Still, this isn't quite as severe as the PSN problems that occurred in March 2010, when a leap year issue caused some users to lose data just by turning on their consoles.
    Sony didn't relay that message to its customers until 16 hours after the first reports emerged.

#1 Royal Tee, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i no its very much annoying. just picked up dc universe online last weekend and its very addictive but now i cant play it. not to mention cant get on my netflix.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Discovered this when I tried MLB.TV.

How annoying.

4. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I wonder if this is related to the lawsuit and Anonymous....

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Pretty common actually. Same shit happened to me. I left the bedroom and hopped on the living room PS3 and got the error code. Looked it up, some dipshit said it was a port issue with the PS3, or a router connection. Luckily I didn't act fast and pick up a new router. I found out this AM that PSN was pretty much fucked.

6. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Yeah, this is where it's especially annoying. Maybe I can get them to extend my free trial (yeah, right).

7. mystikol

mystikol New Member

It's pretty nice to have MLB At-Bat for the Evo, though. At least I can watch, even if it's on a smaller screen. My laptop screen is HD also, which isn't bad.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

I watched some on my computer, but the whole point of getting it was so I could lay on my couch and watch a game and not sit at the computer. The laptop could work, but it's a 15inch screen on a computer I got in 2006, for free.

9. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Yeah. I wonder if there's any point in complaining to try and get something out of it.

10. Royal Tee

[YOUTUBE]ZjQ1b5AxmmY[/YOUTUBE]

11. Royal Tee

With PlayStation Network still down, Sony admits it was hacked

By Ed Oswald | Published April 23, 2011, 4:05 PM

Nearly three days after Sony's Playstation Network online gaming service went offline,
    Sony has finally admitted that the service was compromised by hackers.
    As a result, the company disabled the service Wednesday evening to investigate the matter, an official statement indicated.

"An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services," spokesperson Patrick Seybold said.
    The service outage was done "to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward," he continued.

Seybold's comments are not the first time Sony had blamed the issue on outside forces:
    a post appeared on the European version of the PlayStation blog saying it was investigating the possbility, but the post was removed.

Other hints that it could have been an outside job could be sourced to hacktivist group Anonymous, which was quick on Thursday to deny any involvement in the matter.
    The group is said to not be happy with the company over its treatment of hacker George Hotz.

Sony is still giving no update as to the timeframe for a possible resolution of the problem.
    Originally it had said after the problems surfaced that it would be a matter of a "day or two," but with that time frame now passing and no clear idea of when PSN may return from Sony, it could potentially be much longer.

The outage is especially maddening to those PS3 users who may depend on the network to play online-enhanced gaming titles, such as the recent release Mortal Kombat or SOCOM 4, for example.
    Their anger and frustration was apparent in the original story on the outage Betanews published on Friday.

"I would like it though if they'd be a bit more forthcoming about how things are going," commenter 'ownbothsystems' posted. "It's not fair to all the online players to just leave us hanging."

12. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

it really is annoying. at least its not like the last time when you couldnt even play a game, im still able to play mlb the show. but its annoying bc i really want to play my dc universe. i feel bad for those who are jonesing to play there other online games like socom, MK, and black ops

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I almost bought a ps3 the day this happened because socom 2 raised me and I wanted to see if 4 could come to close to the brilliance of that. Now I am glad I held off for a bit.

#13 ukilledkenny, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  14. Royal Tee

Maybe it's because I own both that I can say this but you can go ahead and get a PS3. It'll only be down a few days (Hopefully) and it's not bad for a free network.

IMO XBOX is a far superior online resource but it isn't free. Although you can wait for sales and get a year sub for about $30-$40... but for free PS3 isn't that bad.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I am trying to wait until a Socom fanatic friend of mine gets his hands on it and let's me know how it is. I can get the rest of my gaming fix from my 360. Socom was such a big part of my pre car or any type of real freedom life that I will drop 4-500 just to play it again.

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

To piggy-back on RoyalTee's post earlier, it looks like Hacktivist is behind this for sure. They issued quite the statement on April 4.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/296644/news/hacktivist-group-anonymous-going-after-sony/

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Those fags need to get a life

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I agree but those crazy fucks are unstoppable and our last line of defense against 'the man'. Corporations and the government can shit on us all day every day if they want. Anonymous can keep them in check.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

Great, Anonymous is keeping them in check by makiny my system neigh worthless.

You go, internet fuckers.