PSL resale market. Is it even a thing anymore?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell Tickets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Mar 7, 2023.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Unfortunately a buddy of mine is letting go of his tickets by defaulting on his payments. Very sad. He's a single guy with two seats, has gone to games since they moved to Jersey in '84 and foolishly paid the PSL etc etc. Now he's older, has trouble finding someone to go with him, and of course the ticket price keeps going up and he has no recourse thanks to the PSL. He just wants to support his team. Tough to afford now. Yeah, he's been taken advantage of by Marra/ Tisch/Johnson.

Anyway, is there ANY market for PSL's now? It's paid off. I suspect not but figured I'd ask out loud. If he sells it for anything it'll keep him out of legal crap from the Jets. His seats are in the corner, lower level about 9 rows up.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Your friend went to shitty games for 20 years and is selling when we have AR and a top 5 D? Seems like they’re following up 1 shitty decision with another.

The PSL market is still extremely under-valued compared to when they came out…. The prices haven’t had a reason to go up…. Until (4 months from) now but

imo, it’ll take at least 2 years to get back to face value but the tickets should be a hot commodity this year and could definitely sell for a small profit.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah man, it's a sad story. He made the decision prior to AR as seen by the date of my post. I suggested to him that perhaps he ought to try hanging on one more for that reason. He's had some health issues with huge dental bills recently. While paying off his seat licenses he drove a crappy busted up car. In my mind, he chose lining Woody's pockets over being able to make car payments and drive a reliable vehicle. Far cry from when I was able to afford my Jets season tickets while going to school and working part time at PathMark. Things have changed. And now my own opportunity to go to some games with him is gone too ; )