PS3 Yellow light of DEATH!!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by vinnumber13, Sep 19, 2011.

1. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

I bought my 60gig PS3 at launch, never had one single problem with it, even put in a 250gig hard drive. this morning i went to watch a video on my ps3 and it shut off and a red light started flashing, i was like weird, tried turning it on and got the yellow light and the red flashing. whats worse is i have my new god of war origins collection game stuck inside.

i dont feel like spending the money to get a new one or even the 150 to get it fixed, so now im sitting on a dead ps3 with over 35 games....thank god i bought a slim xbox 360 a few months ago. still sucks.

R.I.P Playstation 3 2006-2011

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

bought mine in 06 as well, hope this doesnt happen.. see if they can fix it for ya.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Can I buy some of those games at a deep discount since you have no plans on replacing your PS3?

4. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

If your ever up in north jersey i do the reballing for the ps3 for $100.

If you send it into sony they do not repair and return YOUR ps3.
    They send you a refurbished unit and you lose all installed and game save data.

Also for anyone who does not know this. You must redo the thermal paste of all ps3's and xbox once every two years.

Every YLOD/RROD is caused by dried out thermal paste that no longer conducts heat.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i had a launch 60 gig also, i got the YLOD bout 2 yrs ago. then again i played the hell out of it and watched movies on it.

theres tons of resources online to where you can fix it yourself. I also did this. decent amount of work though stripping it down to the motherboard and reflowing the processors.

youd be better off finding a local video game place or someone that offers to repair.

unless you feel like giving it a go yourself.