Props to the Colts and Their Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by egelband, Feb 9, 2010.

1. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Of all the fans of all the teams the Jets played this year, despite the fact that it was the most important game we saw, the Colts fans appeared to be - by far - the most respectful and cool.
    They remained that way for the Super Bowl and, like the team itself, took the loss with dignity and sportsmanship.
    I may be overblowing this, but I for one was pretty impressed and thought it worth a mention.

2. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I think having already won the SB in '06 made it easier on them. I still give them credit, but not that much credit.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Are we talking about the same Colts fans who ignored reality about the Jets injuries? The same ones who ignored the fact that Shone Greene was tearing them up before he got hurt. Sorry but the Colts fans that posted here for the most part appeared to be lacking in class and knowledge. The Saints by far and away had the best fans all year and maybe in the 6 years as I've been posting here.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I disagree.
    Ironically, I thought the Saints fans were the most respectful.

5. JOISEYJET

JOISEYJET New Member

I agree the Saint fans always treat us well when we travel to New Orleans, All you needed to do was show up to Ryans Pub there the day before the game party there ,and you would have seen all there fans there also wishing us well. Also didn`t I see another thread someplace about Payton being a poor loser and leaving the Field without shaking the winning teams hands...

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Me too!

Most of the Colts fans weren't bad at all but I really enjoyed having the Saints fans here!

I would've rooted for the Saints because of Brees anyways but after discussing with their fans I had one more reason to be happy for the NO win.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Hah, I was in Ryan's Pub on that Saturday night and Sunday afternoon before venturing into the Dome. I had a great time there. Ironically enough I was drinking Brooklyn Lager while I was in there. The fans I talked to were all from Jets Insider, though.
    On the Sunday while we were watching the 1 pm games an Oktoberfest parade went by. Only lasted about 5 minutes, but it was nuts. Beads flying, people dancing, us drinking, it was truly a Nawlins moment.
    Everyone was nice to us, with the exception of one asshole in the Dome. But, after the SB ended, I thought of the 3 guys in their late 40s-early 50s who told me and my wife they had season tickets for almost 20 years and all the shit they've been through rooting for the Saints, and as a Jets fan I could relate. So, I smiled thinking about how happy those 3 must have been Sunday night.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Seems to be the general opinion. Include Miano too, he mentions the Saints fans at the end of his post above.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yea I noticed these classy Colts fans aren't here to talk down to us so far this week. I guess they're probably spending all there time on the Saints board giving them credit. :rolleyes:

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Nice story .

Yeah, I think us and Saints fan have that common bond.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I thought by far and away the best thread I saw on the Colts Message Board (and this was after we best teh Chargers but before we played them) was titled "The Super Bowl Parade" I am so tempted to go back and ask them if they still plan on having one? They treated me like dog shit on their board and had that bow down attitude and most of them were absolutely moronic when they were here...to hell with them and their cry baby QB.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Saints fans were definitely the classiest of them all, but I have to give credit to Colts fans too. They were pretty good with the exception of one or two.

I think we are looking at these two fan bases because the drop off in respectability from the Colts & Saints fans to the next group of fans that visit this board was pretty fuckin steep!

And the Colts fans that were on here (Freebo comes to mind) were a breath of fresh air compared to the asshole Charger fans that were here a week before. We all know how bad Pats, Fins, & Steeler fans can be. However, the Charger fans really took the cake this year.

In closing - BOOM! headshot....

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You should bump that thread.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I remember reading that link. If you visit that board lemme know - I would love to see their response should you decide to ask about that "parade"... hahahaha

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Why are people kissing Colts' fan's asses?

16. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

you mean HAD.

:sad:

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Because their butts hurt?

18. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

+1

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!.. I get first hand perspective on this and colts fans don't even start showing up until they have clinched playoffs.. watching the superbowl with these idiots was painful.. i mean one guy was wearing a Vinatieri jersey..

And then!.. One tried to justify the hit on Sanchez saying that it was a clean hit after a play action, AFTER the fine was already in place..

Saints definitely deserved it more.. from a fan base point of view..

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Saints fans were far better, there were a few good Colts posters though.

Who gives a shit though-

20. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Agreed!! I was rooting for da Saints and was glad to see them knock off the Colts.