Projection for Jeremy Kerley

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Dirty6Sanchez, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I honestly think we are all witnessing a rising star. The kid has so much promise. I think Marty is going to exploit him big time

3. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I could not agree more. The kid is PERFECT for the West Coast system. I also think, be it Nacho or Geno at the helm, that MM will get MUCH more out of this Jets offense than Mr. Field Goal Fist-Pumper did last year.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

I really like Kerley, but Im not sure how high he can really rise... I think he is limited by his lack of size and speed, but I do see a very good NFL receiver that can be a great slot receiver or a good #2 receiver. He can definitely get better and gives us our best shot at a 1000 yard receiver.

Realistically, Id expect about 900-1000 yards and 6 TDs and 70-75 catches... But it honestly depends on how the QB play is, obviously.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Just saying, but he is shiftier and probably faster than W. Welker...so yeh he can rise.

6. Tenn_JetsFanatic

But he needs a quarterback to throw to him

7. 60 catches w/ 4-5 Tds would be good for Kerley.

I'm not as sold on him as others are. He definitely has physical talent but is an undisciplined route runner & misses too much practice time. Missed practice usually results in inconsistency. Which is the perfect word for this guy.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im not sure about shiftier, but probably faster than Wes... But the thing is, he's not Wes Welker. I wish he was, but he isnt. If he can stay on the field, create separation and catch the ball, he should continue to be a big asset.

People cant expect all quick and small guys to be like Wes Welker

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kerley's upside is somewhere between Jerrico Cotchery and Hines Ward. That's a pretty good upside to have but he's not going to be a big star in my opinion. A good solid receiver with some clutch playmaking ability looks like the heads side of the coin.

On the other side he's an acceptable starting WR on a talent poor team and a decent slot receiver if the Jets can fill the two outside slots.

As a 5th round pick he's one of the best value picks the Jets have made in a quite a while.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Spot the F on.

11. abyzmul

Too bad he's not a project player with excellent measurables.

He might have had a bright future.

12. abyzmul

By the way, thanks for the work you put into your article. I really don't give a shit about fantasy football, but you did some very good research, and I got some insight out if it.

13. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but I don't see Kerley as being that good. To me he's a nice slot player but not a #2 guy. His ceiling is about 45-50 ctaches.

I hope he outperforms my assessment.

14. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

The real question is if Holmes is not back and Hill continues dropping balls, do we move Kerley to the #1? We may have no choice unfortunately. I do like Kerley a lot, but as a #1 I don't think he will be successful against the top corners in the league.

15. abyzmul

I think he has the potential to be a starting flanker in a WCO, but if there is no one that is a threat at split end, hell get double teamed most of the day.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He did outperform your assessment last year. With Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball. A player's ceiling is where his limits show up and he can't go higher. Kerley caught 56 balls last year for 827 yards in a totally chaotic failing offense.

A realistic ceiling for Kerley given a strong QB to work with would be somewhere between 80 and 96 catches. Give him a Peyton Manning and he's good for the upper end of that range.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True, separation is the discriminator. Kind of hard to judge the impact of him not having a QB that puts the ball in his hands on stride time after time. Hope things do improve for him this year.

18. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

60 for 725 and 5 TD's

19. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]-boQirvkJVE[/YOUTUBE]

The two plays starting at 1:56 were great.

One more dynamic playmaker can completely change this offense, especially if Chris Ivory carries the run game.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He's better than Holmes. Definitely more explosive and picks up wayy more yards after the catch.

Fuck you Holmes.