Probs to Chan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Section 336, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Of all the jobs in football - coaches, players etc., one of the most thankless positions is that of Offensive Coordinator. If you ask fans of just about every fan base at just about any time they will bitch and moan about their OC. Hell I have friends that are Steelers fans that absolutley trashed and hated Arians.

I think that Chan may be the true MVP and biggest acquisition for this team this past off season. When was the last time you watched the Jets and saw multiple open receivers, or receivers with separation? Granted his job is a lot easier with Marshall, Decker and a QB not named Sanchez/Geno but let this stat sink in.

THE JETS ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE NFL WITH MULTIPLE OFFENSIVE TDS IN EVERY GAME THIS YEAR.

#1 Section 336, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    NYJalltheway, Royal Tee, ajax and 4 others like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he deserves some probs, yes

your stat about the multiple offensive TDs in every game is an interesting, impressive one. Did NE also hold that distinction until sunday when they ran into the Jets defense?

The Uniform Bomber and JetLifeLo like this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Yes they did, along with Carolina who tripped up in Atlanta.

Here is another one.
    What do Seattle, Arizona, Carolina, New England and the NY Jets have in common?

They are the only teams in the NFL with an Offense and Defense ranked in the top 10.
    (And that is in both yards and scoring) - Pretty good company considering the other 4 are all considered the "best" or the "cream of the crop" in the NFL

#3 Section 336, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    irishwhip03, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Probs to you for giving "probs" :)

After so many years of shit it's nice to see they finally have a real offensive coordinator not just a position coach dealing with the "peter principle".

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Damn-- Now I'm going to have to dig up that thread from right after we hired him where everyone was hating it and I thought it was a good hire....

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Fantastic OC and QB combo. Wouldn't be where we are without both of them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

While we're at it, lets throw in... An O-line that has trouble blocking, a QB that has trouble throwing, a couple young kids that have trouble catching and a ST unit that have trouble being special.

It took Chan a few games to knock the rust off his play book, but he has been pretty damn good this last stretch of games.

8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Probs to him.

I think the team was also leading the league in red zone efficiency at some point during the season, as well.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  9. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

LOL! Isn't that always the way?

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Very interesting, but I don't see how that can possibly be true since both Gailey and Bowles are "trash" and should have been fired games ago! LOL

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I remember getting killed as well for just simply thinking Gailey possibly wasn't the worst hire ever. One poster comes to mind as particularly aggressive in his hate towards Gailey and me for not sharing the hatred but lets let it be and enjoy what is happening. No need to dig up old shit to feel better about ourselves.

Besides I've been wrong as hell about Fitzpatrick so far, I fully admit that and gladly eat crow every morning with my fruit loops so I suspect anyone who was against the Gailey hire would be glad they were wrong so far as well

Brook! and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Gailey's been pretty good but I'd stop short of awarding an MVP.

One thing that Chan, and the rest of the coaching team, have been exemplary with has been making adjustments. I'm not used to the team being able to react to a change in situation - I'm used to Rex blindly smashing away with the same tactic for 17 weeks a year.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Let me step up and say I was not a fan of the hire NOR Gailey's early season offense. I thought the game had passed him by and we had made a mistake.

I was wrong.

Fitz and Chan are a perfect combo. Both are veterans and both know each other very well. This made Chan's system much easier to implement. Now that its jellin, even the Genobots have come over to the light although I can't say the same for the Bowles Haterz.

I think the best thing to come out of this is that we can allow Petty to watch and learn how to be a heady NFL Qb for a few years instead of throwing him into the deep end of the pool. In the meantime it allows Mac to transition to a younger roster while remaining competitive.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i loved the Fitz trade, but thought the Gailey hire was a bit of a head scratcher also.

it's been a great pairing though, and i think they need each other.
    very deserving of praise (which OC's rarely get)

good point about Petty, and Mac's ability to be competitive while building too.
    that may be the most encouraging aspect of all of this.

Probs

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It money time.

_

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Get u a life I be watcjin you

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say, I think, that Todd Bowles knows what he's doing. That he's a terrific guy, and great football guy

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

What's impressed me most is that TB is actually evolving as a coach. The guy coaching our team today is different from the guy that was coaching the team at the start of the season. I don't think I've ever seen a coach learn fast enough that you can tell the differences in season.

19. geno75

geno75 Active Member

I was supportive of this hire from the beginning. Just because he was a bad HC doesn't mean he couldn't run an NFL offense.

The Bills always impressed me on offense when he was at the helm.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  20. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Even the most optimistic of us figured we'd only get adequate play out of the Chan/Fitz combo at best. What they have manged to do is tantamount to a minor miracle.