President of the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Oct 28, 2014.

1. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

On the Jets home page it lists the executives of the Jets. Neil Glat is the President, I had to look. He is listed above the GM. He is a pure business guy and maybe great at what he does and I am not disparaging him in anyway. I would retitle him and allow him to do what he does. Since the last time we had to hire our football people we reportedly used a search firm, I would do things different this time(in sports you always do the opposite of what you did last time.)

I give you as President of the Jets………. Bill Polian a football guy. He is older now at 71 so may not want the full daily duties of GM but if he did so be it. I would give him all authority on hiring and firing of personnel with the exception that Bradway must go. TB has been around for to long and to many failed regimes.

Let the football guy make football decisions and have the control and responsibility. Give him a budget to work with and get out of his way. There is much more to a team than just a salary cap and I wish I could see where our spending on facilities, scouting, coaches etc ranks. Woody has spent for the complex, courtland trips and may not be as cheap as people think. He may have just spent poorly.

We haven't had one guy clearly in charge of the vision of the team in my opinion since Parcells. Polian has the track record of GMing three different teams to conference championship games, two franchises to Super bowls and should have the contacts throughout to get in coaches, scouts, GM etc.

JetsNation06 and Matty Jets like this.
  2. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Yep, very good post. Maybe Ernie Accorsi will come out of retirement :)

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I knew we were in trouble when Woody hired yet another businessman as team President instead of a football man. Nothing has happened to change my mind with regards to Woody and the Jets.

With regards to Polian, 20 years ago I would have agreed with you, but not now. Take a look at Polian's last few drafts with the Dolts. He drafted horribly and left their cupboard bare. Colts fans were glad to see him retire. The game has passed him by.

Cman68 and Matty Jets like this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Glat should be gone too as part of the house cleaning but Woody will end up keeping him.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Woody kept Bradway so why not..