Predict Jets #1 draft choice for 2013

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Al Dorow, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Who and why??

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Your same thread was moved to the draft section

3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Assume Revis will be traded for the 13th overall pick +

This is what i would LOVE the Jets to do

Trade 9th overall + our 3rd for 5th overall (Det)

DRAFT: Dee Milliner CB - Top CB prospect in 2013 and can fill the void left by Revis

13th overall

DRAFT - Barkevious Mingo OLB - Raw yes BUT who better than Rex to shape him into a elite pass rusher.

39th overall

DRAFT: Margus Hunt DT - Big tough nose tackle between Wilks and Coples is perfect.

For the rest of our picks i would go for boom or bust prospects and try to hit a home run or 2!

#4 Rockinz, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it will be a guy... probably around 21 or 22 years old. he will have played in college

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Ive studied the draft pretty extensively for the last 4 or so years... And each of those years Ive been extremely surprised with almost every selection. Its almost pretty laughable. Participating on here and the draft section the last 3 years, no one has mocked the Jets #1 pick correctly as far as I know. Its a crap shoot basically.

2 players that I expect the Jets to seriously look at: Mingo (who I would be very upset with) and Tavon Austin.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That is only partially true, last year in the what players do you not want the jets to draft thread I named Coples and Hill. I nailed those picks.

This year I don't want Mingo or Allen in the first ..... So there yea go. :lol:

8. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Who would you have preferred to take over Coples without trading up or back? Coples looks extremely promising anyway, are you saying you nailed it because they shouldn't have taken him even in hindsight?

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

No I'm saying the two guys I didn't want in the first were the first two we drafted. Seeing as I would not touch Mingo or Allen in round one, that puts them on the highly likely list lol.

I didn't want Coples because Rex ran him through linebacker drills and did not want to draft him as a linebacker. I think he's a fine fit as a 5T/DT in our scheme. He is quick for a interior player, but not an edge guy.

Hill was far too raw to take at 16 and still was not sold on him in the second. Tons of potential that needs time, not the type of guy we needed last year.

10. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Warmack, or trade back a bit and get Cooper. This gives us a pretty good line, which should signifiacntly improve the O, and hence the team.

11. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Logically I want to say Mingo, but the Jets have been reluctant to draft pass-rushers the past few years. Having said all that, there is a new GM at the helm so it's pretty tough to predict.

12. mrblopez11

mrblopez11 New Member

Hopefully tavon Austin or else this offense could be painful to watch

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

ansah.
    he will be bpa at 9

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

Dion Jordan. Austin at 13.

15. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Assuming we trade Revis for the 13, I want a Guard and a pass rusher in the first round. Then a tight end and safety in rounds 2 and 3. Dysert in the 4th, and Chris Ivory with our 5th.

That'd be my dream scenario.

16. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Another bust TE

17. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I don't really draw much comparison. Coples was pretty much a consensus top 8 pick for a year or two leading up to the draft, it seemed highly unlikely that he would even make it to our pick. When he did slide our choices were pretty limited and Coples was a no brainer over a guy like DeCastro or someone.

Hill was raw and certainly not worthy of a mid first but I liked him in the 2nd and maybe it was a bad move, time will tell, but despite how raw he is the upside that we drafted is still in there.

Mingo just doesn't seem like a reasonable pick at 9 or 13 and he won't last into the 2nd. Allen doesn't really do much for us, (did you mean Austin?). However, I think Austin could be a good pickup at 13 if Jordan slides or Jones/Ansah pass the test at 9 if Revis trade happens. By the same logic I would like to see Warmack or Cooper go at 13 so we should almost not draft offense at 9 under any circumstances if we have the 13 too. If not it should BPA which will basically be OLB/DT with the 9. Austin seems like the only offensive reach to consider at 9 but I'm not sold given our decent WR corps/need at TE/defensive needs. In that case I would prefer a draft that looks like OLB 1st followed by TE/OL 2nd then TE/OL/S 3rd.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

please no - anyone but Ansah, Mingo or a major reach and I will be happy enough.

19. 518

518 Member

Why not Ansah? The guy is a freak!

20. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Werner with the 13 , we trade the 9.