Pre Game rituals

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Sep 2, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

This time next week............:gpc: :pats_suck:

But what will you do before the game? Is there something you MUST do before the game starts?

For me , every year since the arrival of Cmart , its to wear his jersey, but it has to go on at least 1 hour before KO.
    Nachos and dips at the ready , bean and salsa dip this season. Buds in the fridge at least 4hours before.
    This will be the first season for a looooooong time that I won't be wearing my lucky boxers as they are no more :sad: So I will have to find another pair.

What are your pre-game rituals?

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I'll be there...listening to the music they play before the game. Every game I go to, I always sit there and bounce my head to the music and my brother gets so mad when I do that!

3. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

My friend and I have been watching the games for 30 years now. One week at my house and a couple of weekends at his house. Every game about one hour before kickoff we burn a beer box in the street ( Dead End Street - No cars ) and talk about the game. As it gets colder of course the fire gets a little bigger. Nothing crazy. But there is something about a bunch of guys standing around a fire and drinking beer before a game that makes me happy. And hope for a JET win.

papapump and Footballgod214 like this.
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Considering some of the luck the Jets have had in the past few seasons, I think most people will be glad to see the back of your 'lucky' boxers...

... if you know what I mean!

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

ha ha my wife too :smile:

6. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

The 'back' of your boxers? Too much info Gus.
    Something tells me that pair were the white with brown stripe edition. Let em go buddy, time to move on................

7. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

1st off cant watch the game with anyone who isnt a jet fan or a fan of the rival team we are playing that day. Usually i only watch the game with my pops cause i get REALLY LOUD and REALLY VULGAR. Gotta have the jets hat on as soon as i get out of the show on gameday. On every kickoff as soon as Miller gets the ball i chant "Go Miller. go Miller, go miller!" (did it for the first time when he ran back against indy been doing it since). I don't like changing channels cause i hate missing anything. oh and of course gotta have some fresh green for the green if you know what i mean ;D:wink:

8. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

When I was a wee lad, I used to wake up early and finish off all my homework before 1pm, so I could devote the rest of my Sunday to football. It became almost a superstition thing, where I'd save all my weekend homework for Sunday mornings. So yeah, I'm a bit of a dork.

Nowadays, I usually wake up around 1pm on Sundays anyway, so there really isn't time for pre-game rituals...unless you count 'brushing your teeth' or 'eating breakfast'.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I usually poop on my neighbor's lawn.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I suit up. White pants, jersey (usually #28 or #80 but this year I think I'll be wearing #10) Jets hat, green and white pom poms (drives the hubby bonkers). Always have great food for game days, might be chicken wings or chili. Of course beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer.

11. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

always wear the same jersey.. a custom one.. usually watch the game with friends.. and we get food from the same place until they lose, and then we find a new place to get food from.. volume is always on a certain level.. we are superstitous..

12. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I usually shit in a hat.. :breakdance:

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

My best freind Jerry call's me and we do a pregame show where we end it with a prediction of the score and its usally New York Jets 65 the opossing team 0.

14. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Remember that scene in Davinci code where the albino monk purges his sins by flogging himself with that whip and turning that spiked medal tourniquet? That's me, about 30 minutes pre kickoff, habit and all....

15. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

pick up a 30 of natty light...take a few bong hits...listen to some of the music they play on NFL primetime and that shit gets me sooo pumped, usually start jumping down and screaming LETS GOOOOOO, LETS DOOOO THISSSS, shit like that...im only 20 so i still live with my parents...i usually try to tell them to leave the house during the game so i have it all to myself so i can scream and curse all day and get mad blazed...when they are there, they always tell me to shut the f*ck up during the game and i say screw you, stop me

also, very superstitious..last year when we were doing well, i kept the windows open every game and i figured why stop opening the windows, so when it got to december my parents were like what the f*ck is wrong with you and i would say close them and im gonna flip out, so they never did

HOLYYYYYYY SH*T...LESS THAN 7 DAYS AWAY

LETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO

#15 In Mangini We Trust, Sep 2, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  16. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Get to work (it will be Monday morning here) turn on my computer, check and ignore work emails, open the game thread in TGG (please post details if you can, not just "oh fuck,fuck,fuck"), open NFL gameday in another window and watch the drive chart, and try and link up to a internet radio coverage.

It's not much but it's all i got.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't do anything special. Superstition is not my bag, baby.
    I just go about my regular business.

18. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

The only superstition I really have is wearing a jersey on game day and a shirt that is Jets related but not necessarily a jersey on the day before.

19. Villmatic52

Villmatic52 New Member

I always wear my autographed Curtis jersey to add style to the football experience. Then, like InManginiITrust, I like to enjoy some chronic while getting nice and wasted. I've finally got a 42" plasma hd so its a pretty sweet hookup. I either get a massive footlong with chicken cutlet, gravy, american, bacon and onion rings (heartburn city) or get a nice big pizza. My boys usually roll through and we enjoy the rompout.

20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

And they say families don't talk to each other any more...