Positive News - New Jersey Opening Athletic Team Facilities

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, May 26, 2020.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This is really great news for the Jets considering all of the new members of the offensive line.

Douglas indicated he had concern about getting the OL to gel because there is no substitute for actually taking the field together.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ictions-pro-teams-opening-door-training-games

If the NFL is posed to start on time, we should be set for closed training camps in June and July!

Huge news for OL and Sam with Mims and Perriman cohesion.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Great news.

I still believe we will have fans in the stands come September

jonnyd and LAJet like this.
  3. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I hope so. I'd be more worried that teams in states with nutty Governor's (Michigan, Illinois, California etc.) will force teams to move facilities to other states for this season if they aren't open by then. Thankfully Murphy is starting to see the light unlike Cuomo.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Didn't Cuomo urge sports teams to start up training camps before Murphy?

Whatever happens, I hope the decisions are made using common sense, facts, data and science. There's WAY too much that could go wrong with allowing 80,000 people to hang out on a Sunday just because we like the atmosphere unless we are sure there are preventative measures in place. There was always going to be football, way too much money to be lost and way too much money to be made. I don't think fans are going to be part of the equation though, at least not at full capacity.

5. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't follow him often, I just check in to find out what areas are opening up so I can decide when to come back and he's been painfully slow opening areas outside of NYC that could have been opened weeks ago.

It's doubtful that state decisions will be made based on fact, common sense, science etc. It's political and its disgusting regardless of whether your a Dem or REP.

I think the NFL should hand out masks at every game at the toll booths, train stops at the stadium etc. It should be mandatory to wear them into the stadiums and during the games (at least early on in the season). The question is what to do with concession food, beer etc. because you will have to take off the mask for that.

If the states protect the eldery (not allowing those infected to infect the nursing homes, long care facilities etc. like governor ventilator did), allow older season ticker holders with life threatening conditions to bypass their tickets this year without penalty or loss then its less of an issue for the healthy people that will go to games. Crowds and state decisions will decide which venues are safe and which are not.

jonnyd likes this.