Pop Up problem

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jixxjr, Aug 17, 2014.

1. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I don't know if anybody else is having this problem but, I've been getting a pop-up to update Java and my antivirus is flagging it. It's taking me to a different webpage and it happens a lot at this site.

It has also happened when I used other computers to surf here.

I know that my Java is up to date and it has gotten to the point that I cannot even read one thread without being redirected multiple times.

If this isn't happening to anybody else, then it has to be something with my computer/network. If anybody else has this problem, please let me know so I don't go nuts looking in the wrong place to fix this. Thank You!!!

2. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Sometimes this happens when I visit the site on my phone. It redirects me to Candy Crush and all those BS apps every 5 - 180 seconds. Then it will stop, and a week or two later it happens again- not really sure why.

3. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Happened to me half a dozen times last night within half an hour. Then it went away and haven't seen it since.

Just make sure you NEVER update whatever bullshit it says you need. It's not gonna fry your hard drive or anything, it's just a pain in the ass to dig out their spyware.

4. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

I've gotten those redirects to ad pages at other websites too. I had a separate javascript problem with dozens of Windows error boxes popping up every day, webpage after webpage, and the cause was a conflict between java and Firefox. I switched to Google Chrome about a month ago and haven't had any error messages since. The ad redirects also stopped. It might be worth it to try a different browser for a while as a test.

What is java anyway? My understanding is it allows video on advertisements for the most part. Why do any of us need it?

5. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

It makes things pretty. I surf with Chrome & if it dont work in Chrome, I dont need to see it. Uninstall Java, Flash (even Reader, find an alternative like CHROME), & dont use MSIE. Take this advice. BTW, I haven't needed nor used AntiVirus software for over a decade.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

More on this in the morning.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It was directing you to an IP address not a website, that was a huge red flag. I never click on pop-ups but go to the official website of the product to check if I needed an upgrade. Turns out I did, but the pop up kept coming back on here anyway. Not had it today though so hopefully all sorted.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I have not seen it yet, but it may be because I have the ad popup blocker enabled on firefox

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Adblock plus, flash block and notscripts (Chrome) or noscript (Firefox). Install those 3 plugins and you'll be fine. If you already have spyware installed from that crap, then you may need to remove the Chrome/Firefox extensions and run a full scan with Spybot Search & Destroy or Malwarebytes.

I never get ads, random flash commercials in the corner or redirects. Even ads on youtube get skipped.

Poeman likes this.
  10. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Anyone else having this pop-up redirect happening again? I've had ones saying Flash and Java need updating today and I've uninstalled Java completely!

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I was getting that yesterday.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No problems here, running firefox with adblock plus

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

use firefox with adblock plus with the addon Adblock Plus Pop-up. It would literally block any window you want if it was to force itself pass the browser preferences.

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It's only a problem if it lasts more than 4 hours.

_

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  15. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Also brings me to the App Store

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Happened a couple of days ago.