Poll: What was your reaction to the JAWBREAKER

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Aug 12, 2015.

?

When you heard the news of the punch, were you happy or sad?

1. Happy!!!!!!!

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. Sad :-((((((((((

52 vote(s)
    77.6%
  1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I'll bet you we haven't seen the last of Geno. I'll bet a month ban from here?

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Son of a BITCH that 4-12 feels so much better right now than 2-14.

_

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of Geno, but we now have a guy who couldn't win the job outright and isn't going to be a long term answer.

Geno being blindsided by a LB didn't come as a shock...

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Wanted Fitz to start all along. However, I was hoping Fitz would win the job and both QBs would enter the season healthy. I'm amazed how many fans think the season's over already. If Fitzmagic is the 20th worst QB in the league (which is attainable), he's still a big upgrade over Geno.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  6. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I'm honestly disgusted that it seems like the majority of Jets fans are "happy" that this happened ....We really deserve all of this heartbreak with fans like this

Nevermind the fact that it's a joke to be happy about someone getting their jaw broken over some dumb BS, but for the football side of things, this is not a good thing any way you slice it. If Fitzpatrick was a much better option he would have won the job in training camp with his play, and from all indications, that was not happening. If Geno didn't play well enough early in the season and ended up losing the job to Fitz, well then so be it

Basically we had a small chance to see if Geno could be our guy going forward and now we're back to bandaid at best QB with no long term solution in sight yet again...How do you guys know that Geno wasn't going to take a step up and play more like he did the last few games of last season going forward?

Everyone said he was looking much better and more comfortable, which isn't that surprising as year 3 is a common time for it to start to click....especially for a guy like Geno who operated out of the spread offense in college and was never thought of as pro-ready (even though he was forced into action from the start)

It was always in the Jets best interest short and long term to let that play out and see if it was possible for Geno to improve and become a viable starter....

JetsVilma28 and FJF like this.
  7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

These poll options..

[​IMG]

Waited all day to get home and see the options.. (Seeing as how Tapa doesn't show them)

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I thought my friends were making a joke since I didn't see what happened until after they texted me.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Thanks but no thanks.

Just because I am hoping we can finally move on from the debacle that is Geno Smith does not mean I want to suffer a one month ban on top of him coming back as a starter.

I am a Jet fan so I know things aren't always as easy as they seem.

We are probably stuck with Geno but there is a small opening where we may finally be able to escape.

10. Geno007

i'm sure glad a lot of you on here are not.coaches. maybe this is why most of you are not. It takes a QB 3-4 years to develop in NFL most of the time. Why is Geno any different then other QB?

11. James Hasty

Says who?

The NFL stands for Not For Long.

No one has 3-4 years to waste anymore.

12. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Typical Jet b-s happens again!

Geno acted like a jerk, but IK's reaction isn't excusable either.
    Looks like Rex picked up IK already.

13. Geno007

People seem to forget he was a 2nd round pick not a #1 over all pick. Not everybody is Andrew Luck. Plus people need to also remember he wasn't going to start his rookie year.

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

that sums up what i think. sad because it makes both individuals look bad and the team like a circus in the national media.

15. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Sad because once again the world is laughing at us.

16. James Hasty

Again says who?

As I remember we went into camp with a QB competition.

Many people here believed that our GM did not like Sanchez and was forcing Geno Smith on Rex Ryan.

Geno was on his way to losing the job with a horrible start in pre season but Sanchez would not have been injured if he had been annointed the starter.

17. Geno007

Who gives a shit about people laughing at us. You shut them up by winning. If this team was anywhere else but NY nobody would care.

18. Geno007

Says all the GM's and coaches in the NFL.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Sanchez's shoulder was a ticking time bomb. It would've went out eventually, poor timing with it happening in the preseason.

20. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

I think losing IK is going to hurt in a year or so. That's the kind of guy you use to make a deep, scary defense.

I also think this is good riddance with Geno. If his teammates don't respect him enough to not punch him for being a prick about an insignificant amount of money for him then he's probably more of a turd than we realize. His "i'll be back" selfie confirms that he is oblivious to his own shortcomings as a teammate. Geno's physical abilities are obvious but his character is seriously flawed and that is slowly being made plain to everyone.

http://www.webcitation.org/6IKv41JNs

TNJet likes this.