POLL: Jets Roster Transformation from 2023 to 2024 - Your Grade?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 30, 2024.

?

Your Grade

1. A+ to A-

17.6%
  2. B+ to B-

58.8%
  3. C+ to C-

7.8%
  4. Undecided

15.7%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think it was a much better offseason than last years but last years was atrociously bad

2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Every single player we’ve acquired has major
    Red flags and plays crucial positions at which we have no answer if they miss any time at all. They’re also all one year rentals, and this team is going to look like an absolute disaster come next season.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There’s also the continuity question. We needed an offensive overhaul including along the offensive line but it’s probably going to take these guys a bit to gel. And it’s even harder because they only need to gel for a year before they’re on to their next gig or retirement.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It definitely could, but won't necessarily if JD handles the draft well. He can draft our future LT in the 1st round, and draft a pretty good WR in the 3rd round or 2nd round if he trades down in the 1st round. That WR might not be an ideal #2 WR, but JD or whomever is the GM next season can draft a WR early.

JD can also quite possibly find at least solid depth if not a future starter at OG in the 4th round, if Simpson doesn't pan out or if AVT can't stay healthy this season.

If Moses stays healthy and plays well (and imo there's no reason to think that he won't on both accounts), the Jets could quite possibly extend him. If so, that would solve our two OT positions. The Jets would still need depth, but hopefully Carter Warren will develop enough that he can be the swing OT or solid depth at one of the OT spots. I don't hold any illusions or hope for Mitchell. What will happen at DT next to Q and at SS are another matter.

barfolomew likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

what else is new that’s been the MO since Douglas got here

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Uhuh..No Super Bowl appearance and 2024 will be the last time I spend Uber bucks taking my son the Giant fan to his requested dad weekend Jets contest..smh

barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My Grade is B …for potential Bullshit

This is his all in effort so let’s see what happens or doesn’t

We need a team that can beat Mahomes and there’s that

barfolomew, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Technically has to be incomplete with the draft still to come and probably some additional roster moves in the coming weeks.

For now though, I'll say B/B+. That they were able to add three starters to the OL for $18mil in total is just bonkers. If relatively healthy (a huge if), this is going to be a really good offensive line, maybe top 10 potential. Some future pieces and depth are needed, but there's time and ways.

Mike Williams was a great signing. Tyrod Taylor is the backup QB we need. If Rodgers goes down, I'd have hope Tyrod can win games with this team around him.

I don't like losing Huff, but accepted it though now with Haason Reddick traded for and taking a very similar cap hit, I really don't understand letting him walk. However, I think Reddick will be great and maybe a slightly reduced snap count will help even more. They might even be better off with Reddick than Huff so maybe the D got better.

Doing a nice job with "win now" without reckless decisions.

NCJetsfan and NOVAJET like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We won't know about the roster until the games are played. With the present CS in place, I don't hold out much hope.

Brook!, NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  10. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

C- same old jets. Signing injury prone players has worked for us in the past. Why not try it again?
    Not enough done to fix o-line. We are weak in the trenches.

mezzavo likes this.
  11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Too early for this statement imo. Trenches on OL not DL I presume, DL is stacked. OL is much better than it was this time last year or even at the start of last season for that matter. There is a good chance we either draft OL at 10, sign Bakh or another decent swing tackle. I know JD has botched the OL since he got here (not all his fault, injuries have been unreal) but it's hard to complain anout what he has done this year, can't knock it without suggesting ways he could have done better.

12. barfolomew

I absolutely can knock it without providing an alternative. And I did provide an alternative, sign players without injury issues. JD has been a failure. O-line will not be able to protect Rodgers. We will have another failed season unless our 1st and 3rd pick are on oline.
    What makes you so blindly hug the delusive phantom of hope?
    You have no evidence to justify your hope.

13. NOVAJET

Who? You keep saying he should have signed players on the OL with less injury risk but Moses and Simpson have very little injury risk and Tyron does but can you tell me the alternative at LT that he was supposed to sign that has no injury risk and close to the same talent?
    I have hope because without it I just turn into you I suppose. Without hope you might as well just turn it off because why invite that sadness into your life. I asked for alternatives because saying "sign guys with less injury risk" is a ridiculous statement if you have no examples of which players those might be.

ouchy likes this.
  14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

The ENTIRE Aaron Rodgers suck-fest, schmoosing and elevating him to player/GM was about as reckless as any one team can get.

BrowningNagle and barfolomew like this.
  15. barfolomew

It's not a ridiculous statement. JD has repeatedly hired players with injury risks and we as a team repeatedly suck.
    I'm saying 'let's try something different'.
    I don't know what players I would have hired. I'm not as into this as I was at 14 years old.
    I'm in my mid-30's, I'm not wasting my time on this bullshit.
    I have a simple diagnosis, our team is shit.
    My first prescription, stop hiring players whose shit breaks.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I give him a B, on paper it’s decent, however it’s no different than what Parcells did when he brought in veteran FA and same thing Tannenbaum did when he signed veteran FA and traded away draft picks.

They will save next season but only as long as these older guys can stay healthy, once the dominoes start to fall next year when these guys get hurt, they will end up with a poor season and Jets will be back to square one with new GM and HC.

17. BrowningNagle

We are gonna end up with both tackles on the shelf. Vera-Tucker bouncing around and guys we never heard of before starting at guard

Very chaotic on the line… again

it made more sense to draft a tackle at no 10 overall, and play him at right tackle if you still want to sign Smith as a bridge for a year. Or half a year more likely..

That’s how good teams do things.

barfolomew likes this.
  18. NOVAJET

Both tacles on the shelf lol, we clearly will never see eye to eye. We may still draft a tackle at 10, would you still be mad? Sorry if I just can't relate to the argument that we just need to assume all of our OL will be hurt all season and the line will be in shambles again. Of course it's possible but it could happen to every team. You could say QW will get hurt, should we draft interior DL? Reed might get hurt, hes getting older too, should we draft corner? Conk is no spring chicken, Bowers it is?

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah but you’re talking about guys with no injury history which is the point. We have two major players on our offensive line that have large injury concerns (Smith, AVT) and another that while durable, has played a lot of NFL games and is at an older age for a NFL player.

It’s not like any of the players you mentioned have a big injury history. Teams can also overcome a decent tightend going down easier than one of their two best offensive lineman.

NCJetsfan, jets_fan and BrowningNagle like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

no I wouldn’t be mad if they take a tackle at no. 10 I just doubt they are now

barfolomew likes this.