Pocket passer, scrambler, or balanced QB?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, May 11, 2006.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

We talked about RB's...lets now discuss QB's.

I am a big fan QB's who are pocket passers, but have just enough ability to move around and create. 65 speed in Madden for a QB is good enough to keep the chains moving.

So here is my ideal QB.

6 foot 4 inches tall and 225 pounds.

Arm Strength- 90

Accuracy- 93

Speed- 65

So I like the balanced RB and balanced QB.

What do you like?

2. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I like them a little faster more like a 70 and I can deal with a little lower accuracy like a 90 and power around 93-95 because I like to throw the deep posts when Im not running or throwing a quick slant.

3. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I like a pocket passer with a strong arm that can get the ball to the receiver before the super fast DB's can get there.
    Even if I am wide open ,the second I catch it a DB is right there.

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I need a qb like McNair and Culpepper for roll out passes

5. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

SoThis is mine

6 foot 2 inches tall and 215 pounds.

Arm Strength- 95

Accuracy- 87

Speed- 72

I rarely run, but I run outside the pocket to pass

I like guys like Bollinger, Garcia, Jesse palmer,

6. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

I like all of what you got but I like him to be a lil faster when its time to roll out he has a leg to stand on !Id like his speed around 69 - 71 nothing ridculous

7. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I like most accurate because I rarely throw deep balls.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Pocket passer. I just slide in the pocket towards who I'm going to throw to. I don't need to run.

9. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I need the big gun. My prototypical madden QB is McNabb because he's got the arm and can take off too, but I'm still all about the Brett Favre type. Don't have to run if you can sling the rock (Collins, Bledsoe).

10. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I run the ball most of the time, but when I drop back to pass I like to have a pocket passer with a ton of arm strength so I can hit guys deep on play action passes.

11. lightning

lightning Active Member

My ideal qb is probably marc bulger, i like a guy who has about even pass str and acc. For me speed doesn't matter, i would perfer around 60-65.

Strength: 90
    Acc: 90

Like FITM said earlier, i rarely throw deep as well. Every once in a while when i do throw deep it's on a play fake.

12. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

Leftwhich is my perfect QB

97 power
    89 acc ( i think)
    47 speed

i like arm pwer not neccessarily so i can go deep, but o i can get the ball there quicker

13. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I like to throw over the middle or comebackers, so I just like accurate arms. I love to throw out of the backfield as well.

#13 FITM, May 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2005
  14. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

I like to throw over the middle or comebacks so accuracy is key. Along with that comes velocity, because often I leave safetys trying to jump the gun and miss out on my balls. Having a strong arm is good, but it doesn't have to be elite ala Peyton Manning or what not.

15. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

I run a west coast offense myself. I never run out of the pocket, at all, so speed is the last thing I mind. Granted I don't want a stone that can't move at all, but I in no way need a Vick or McNabb.

Accuracy is #1 for me. With short routes and big targets, that is the most importnat thing. I've never used a QB (on a regular bases) with Power over 90. But usually the accuracy is high 80's or low 90s. Recently I have become fond of power becuase of Galloways ability to stretch the field is amazing. But still, pocket passer for me all the way.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'm divided on this issue:

In one franchise, I am running a QB whose speed is 98 *wow* acceleration is 97, agility is 95 and carry is 88. his throwing power is 75, accuracy 75 and awareness at 88. My HB does nothing there - I call all-out hail mary pass, and then start running underneath - usually gain of 25+.

In other franchise, I have a balanced QB, his speed is 65, but his acceleration is 87. Carrying is a bit low with 65, so I try not to get tackled when I run with him. His other stats are impressive: as a rookie, his throwing accuracy is now at 97 *started off at 91,* throwing power at 94 and awareness at 80. I do run once in a while, but I usually drop him back and throw more often than not.

To me, both are fun - especially the scrambler, because even with his impressive speed and all, he is chubby as a Pillsbury dough boy. To see him blaze through the secondary *with all the fat and flesh* is one of the most hilarious things to watch in Madden.

17. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

I've played and gotten used to pocket passers. However, I now use Vick and the Falcons whenever I play online, and I've gotta say, I like Vick a lot. 94 speed I think, with a killer arm in the high 90's. Vick overthrows players sometimes, but precision passing takes care of that. With Dunn running tosses and catching flat passes, Duckett running in between the tackles (against any douche that constantly runs dime and quarter b/c cornerbacks have no problem taking on blockers and tackling), and Vick taking off if all my receivers are covered, I have a deadly offense. Obviously, it is crucial to read defenses to see who will be open and whether or not to take off with Vick. With practice, the Falcons have by far the best offense (aside from the Colts, who will dumb down your defenders for some reason).

So if anyone has patience, Vick is your man.

18. lightning

lightning Active Member

im one of those douches, but thats only because im playing against morons who use 3-4 wide every down and cannot protect against corner blitzes

19. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Accuracy all the way, but I prefer a strong arm to go with it.
    Scrambling is not important for me because I always build my line before anything (I play run-first a lot).

20. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I would crush all of you noobs.