playoff decision making please help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by BrowningNagle, Dec 17, 2015.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the stakes are high folks, who do you think I should start?

QB: Philip Rivers vs. Mia OR Alex Smith @ Baltimore

Flex: Randall Cobb @ Oakland or Danny Amendola vs. TEN (Quest.)

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Smith and Amendola.

3. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I have Philip Rivers on my team. He is so hit or miss. 30 points or 12.

Smith and Amendola.

4. BrowningNagle

thanks for your suggestions. You guys are probably right about Alex Smith but I worry that you are wrong about Cobb. McCarthy takes over playcalling for the first time this season last week and Cobb looks like the Cobb of old... that intrigues me. what do you think

5. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Good point, and I have Cobb on my one team still in it so I hope he does put up some numbers, but Amendola has the Titans at home, the 9th most favorable D to face for fantasy WR points. Cobb has the Raiders away, the 22nd most favorable. Amendola is being targeted a lot by Brady and common sense says he has a bounce back week after being shut down by a solid Texans defense (23rd vs WR). Cobb has been underwhelming all season, it's difficult to trust him on the road after one high target game. Both qbs can throw for multiple TDs to the same guy so the boom is the same but the floor I feel is higher for Amendola, as long as he plays the whole game without being injured.

Also in fantasy the opposite of what's logical happens half the time.

6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Smith and Amendola

7. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I go Rivers and Amendola. That Ravens D is still good. Miami's defense is pretty leaky, gotta think Rivers is in for one of his bigger days. I think you start Amendola over Cobb. You made an interesting point about McCarthy but Cobb has been so bad this year outside of a few games. Rodgers is not having a Rodgers-esque year either

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Amendola had negative points hahaha

9. BrowningNagle

screw you guys

Smith 11.7 pts
    Amendola -1.7 pts
    = 10 pts

Rivers 22 pts
    Cobb 5.8 pts
    = 27.8 pts

"go with Smith and Amendola" they said.

last time i listen to you fucks

10. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Should I start Odell Beckham or Desean Jackson?

74 likes this.
  11. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Tough choice on who to start at RB and DEF

James White, Frank Gore, James Starks, Bilal Powell, Karlos Williams

I've got Cincinnati's defense but they're facing Denver. I may drop them for Pittsburgh's defense who faces Baltimore with Clausen at the helm.

Any advice? I'm leaning toward starting James White and Karlos Williams/Powell

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Haha suck it!

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Championship weekend here and my head is going to explode .I thought I was supposed to trot out my lineup and lol with it but injuries destroyed e at RB and Teams like Th ravens trotting out Mallett makes me want to bench Aiken for Snead but I'm on the fence with it as the Steelers secondary sucks but Bree's is hurt . So here's what I have

I lost Lesean Mc Coy last week and Johnathan Stewart,,,,so I am starting 2 of these Forte, artis Payne , Gillespee , Christine Michael,,,,leaning towards Forte and Payne but if I knew if Gilespee was starting for Buff I would get him in for Forte as the bears have zero WR S today and he splits time with Langeford .
    At WR ,,,I start Decker,,,,,,here come the problems Baldwin plays at 4 o'clock so if he is really hurt or out I insert Kearse,,,,,,but my 3 rd WR today is either Snead with a hurt Bree's or Kamar Aikan with Mallett throwing to him,,,,,,,ugh
    Any insight or thoughts appreciated ,,,,,,ps Russell Wilson is My QB so if I start Micheal that's alot of eggs in the Seahawks basket,,,,,,,,I'm all ears guys

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I go James white and Gore ,,,I started Cincy myself,,,,,,,ps Clausen is not in it s now Mallett

15. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Yeah I ended up starting White and Powell. I've been sour on Gore all year but he is facing a terrible MIA defense. Powell almost has as many points as him though. I want White to get points but I also don't want him to do anything against us lol. I've got a tough road ahead after facing Jordan Reed last night

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

For those playing along at home I started Wilson,,,,pulled Forte at 12 59 and inserted Gilespee,,,,,Artis Payne,,,,,,Decker,,,,Baldwin,,,,benched Aiken started Snead,,,,,Gates did nothing for me Xmas eve literally,,,,started Prater got me a bunch of FG S ,,,,and tommorrow I have the Bengals def . Long story short I am up by 17 going into tonight he only has Adrian Peterson,,ugh,,,,sitting here sweating its for the trophy a lot f fazools ,,,,,,,btw I hope you started Gore ,,,,,,good luck all