Playmaker Calls for Jets to Draft Young over all other QB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sean_in_titletown, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Sean_in_titletown

Michael Irvin and Sean Salisbury are arguing now on the Dan Patrick Radio show over who would be a better pick for the Jets... Playmaker is arguing that there should be no question that Young is the choice. He argues that Leinart would get crushed with no supporting cast in New York while Young would generate the hype in the papers and the box office and would be able to improvise with his legs. It's hilarious, Irvin is embarassing Salisbury in front of their live "on location" audience. What do you guys think?

2. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

I think Irvin is a loud-mouthed idiot, who plays favorites to his black boys.

Terrell, Chad, Keyshawn.

I can't remember his racist remarks from a few months ago, but maybe somebody remembers.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I saw a clip of Vince Young visiting the president without wearing a suit and tie...not only that, he was wearing real hip clothing...

That tells me he he lacks maturity and respect.

I like Vince Young, but anyone with common sense knows you wear a suit and tie if you have an opportunity to meet the president.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The only person Irvin has ever successfully managed to embarass is himself.

He's a coked-up idiot, who if he had never won a ring would not be on t.v. now.

5. Sean_in_titletown

Playmaker sounds especially agitated today. I wonder if he's snorting the devil's dandruff again? Stay tuned. So based on your early responses and avatars, I would say that Jets fans aren't particularily high on the prospect of Vince Young as a QB.

6. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

I don't think Irvin is playing the race card as he is playing the 'Flash Card" (Get it flash card, double meaning).

He likes flashy players with some arrogance, like himself. Young has some of that. Besides Jim McMahon and the Great Bears D of 85 flashy QB's tend to burn out quickly on the field and off.

Irvin also just like to hear himself talk, much like many of these ex-players trying to make predictions. They have little more insight than any of us.

7. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Respect.....Bush?!?!? Guess I shouldnt' get started about that :eek:fftopic:

8. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I completely understand where you're coming from, but Vince says that he didn't wear a suit because one of the other guys on the team forgot to bring theirs, and he didn't want him to be alone in not having a suit. If this is the case, at least he's got an excuse (and he's a good guy for doing it).

9. MyFavoriteMartian28

Irvin is a jackass. He has a very apparent bias towards black athletes, which is fine (to each his own), except if you are supposed to be an analyst. Steve Young and Irvin have ruined Sunday Countdown... I hope to God one day Tom Jackson turns around and rips that peanut head right off his shoulders one of these days.

Tom Jackson is my favorite personality on that program, I wish they would continue to try to appeal to football fans... and not their girlfreinds. I don't want to hear Steve "I'm Dizzy" Young's outlook on anyting other than new developments in helmet padding, and Irvin is just an out of control mouth with nothing intelligible coming out of it.

10. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Hype don't win shit.

11. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Michael Irvin has always liked loud mouth show boats and would probable give head to any player coming out of UM. He was overrated as a player and is just a bad sports host. The NFL would turn into a football version of And1 Streetball if he had his choice. As far as Vince meeting President Bush (that must have been a great conversation, two geniuses there) he probably figured that Bush rarely wears formal attire, so it would be ok.

12. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what happened, everyone talks about what a great leader he is, that's just his nature.

13. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

All I have to say is... when is the last time anything intelligent has come out of Irvin's mouth? He is the comedic moron on the show... it makes everyone look smarter when he opens his mouth.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

im not the biggest bush supprter either,although im very much a republican...but the point is you respect the position if not the man...suit and tie is absolutely the only way to go there...no options...and its good to see a young guy like penny who feels the same...because obvioulsy a lot of younger people in this country seem to lack respect

15. MyFavoriteMartian28

More accurately, it makes me change the channel when he opens his mouth.

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

There's an old saying in the Military...

"You don't salute the man so much as you salute the rank."

I think that its safe to say he was getting at that.

Ellis

17. Sean_in_titletown

I think Irvin has a point as far as Young being able to have a quicker impact to the Jets. Young might be able to make things happen and avoid the impending rush with his athletisicm. If everyone remembers, Peyton got crushed in Indy early on in his career until they fortified their o-line. Leinart might get crushed for the first year or so if he goes to NY. However, with the right picks, the Jets would be able to foster his development over time.

18. MyFavoriteMartian28

And this folks... is why we should draft D'Brickshaw Ferguson instead of a QB!

19. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Honestly...Who gives a hoot if he wore a tie to see the prez. V. Young is the best Qb in draft & Jets' would be fools to pass on him, if he is available.

20. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Thats the bottom line.