Played football tonite at MetLife with Klecko, Lyons, Tiki and OJ Anderson

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JStokes, Oct 3, 2013.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Pretty great event, very cool being on the floor of the stadium even though the seats were empty. Visitors locker room and free reign of the sideline suite and restaurant/bar.

About 50-60 guys (and one chick) for a bucnh of two hand touch games, 4 teams coached by Joe Klecko (my team), Marty Lyons, Tiki Barber and OJ Anderson. Bart Oates was there too but seemed a bit disinterested.

Klecko was great, very gracious, a wacky funny guy, Anderson was the most personable, ran all the warm-ups and the drills, Tiki could still play today- was in incredible shape and had a GUN and was running around all of us (obviously no kidding) and Lyons was the most revealing. Said Klecko was mellowing out and might soon be friendlier to Gastineau, said he hoped Joe Wille would become closer to the Jet family but there was no one like Joe and said Geno was genuinely a nice kid, great arm and could be the man.

Unfortunately, tore the tendon on the tip of my middle finger- I knew it but Tiki confirmed my diagnosis, however the Kettle One helped kill the pain. Bunch of idiot middle aged men making fools of ourselves but a really really cool experience. :grin:

As much as I am underwhelmed by the stadium, being out there on the turf was great. But the lights are awful, next time a WR drops a arching pass in a night game I will not criticize him. Not like any baseball/softball night game I've ever played-impossible to track the ball in the lights. Those pros are incredible.

_

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

How many times did Tiki fumble the ball?

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

None - he was too busy making a sports drink infused vodka

/FoodNetworkChopped

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

By the way - congrats on your experience. Events like this are always cool and usually worth whatever cash you spring for. Sounds like you had a good time and I am sure the injury will be well worth it.

I paid $50 to meet Vinney at Short Hills mall a couple years ago - great experience - signed his jersey for me.

I was supposed to get tickets to the Jets Chef event at Food Network show the weekend of the 19th but got overruled by my group. Hopefully someone here will end up going to the event. It wasn't that expensive considering its Namath, Mari Batali, Rocco DiSpirito, and probably a couple more Jets/coaches that will surprise show up.

EDIT: They upped the ante. From the website:

#4 fozzi58, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I did a pickup there earlier and seen a bunch of guys on the field, I guess that explained it.

6. JStokes

He had an incredible arm, played QB for one team and almost busted some noses with the bullets he threw.

_

7. JStokes

Didn't cost me anything, was a corporate event hosted by some of our lawyers. Was really very cool. Just walking out onto the field was incredible. Some kid was there kicking 45 yarders, can't believe how far that was.

_

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's great that you left with a better appreciation and awe for what these guys can do out on the field.

9. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Sounds like a great experience. Was this something set up thru the Jets and Giants?

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That's awesome. I've had the chance to play on that turf too, it's pretty awesome. did they have the Jets decorations up or Giants?

OJ is awesome, incredible guy w/ the fans as are Klecko and Lyons though not as funny as OJ.

11. Mitch_Dumstein

thanks for sharing, stokes

Sounds like a terrific event and that you had a great time participating

we are all envious

12. JStokes

Was actually through Tiki's promotion company. The guy that set it up bid on it and won it at a charity auction.

_

13. JStokes

Unfortunately all Giants decorations and end zones, so all my picks have the blue and red. They're next up.

_

14. nyjunc

post some pics. I was lucky enough to play around w/ all the Jets logos on the field.

The Giants are home this week so it makes sense.

15. JStokes

Haven't figured out how to do that on GG. I have some good pics with me and Klecko and Tiki.

And my finger. :grin:

_

16. nyjunc

how did you hurt your finger? it's a badge of honor to get hurt on the field:grin:

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

And why weren't we invited????

Good work ;)

18. JStokes

Guy threw a wobbly pass behind me (was not throwing it to my back shoulder :grin: ) and the point of the ball hit the tip of my finger. I knew the tendon was torn as soon as I saw it, Tiki and the medical staff confirmed my self-diagnosis and Marty explained to me how they fixed his when he had it done. Klecko yelled at me to ice it and go back in the game :rofl:

How do you post pics here?

_

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

put them up on a site like tinypic.com then take teh link and put it in www.linkhere.com[/ img]

without the space after the /

20. JStokes

Mid Field Logo

[​IMG]

Met Life

[​IMG]

Me and Tiki

[​IMG]

Me and Klecko

[​IMG]

Torn Tendon