@ Philly is the best chance to stop NE from another undefeated season

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Oct 22, 2019.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the Pats schedule that's the way I see it.

I don't see anyone in the AFC knocking them off. They own Buffalo, Houston doesn't play well against them, I don't trust the new Lamar Jackson led Ravens, Miami LOL, the Browns are the Browns, Dallas lost to the Jets they ain't beating NE. KC could do it if the game were in Arrowhead but it's not and this year NE matches up great with them. NE's defense will neutralize KC's strength.

It's Philly or bust in the regular season and that's IF Wentz plays with the Pats luck he gets knocked out of the lineup before that game they face uncle Josh instead for another cakewalk W.

Then the other best shot will be in the Super Bowl if Green Bay, New Orleans, Seattle is the NFC representative. If it's Chicago or Minesotta or Dallas forget about it. I'm still not sold on the 49ers I need to see more but my gut feeling is they wouldn't beat NE.

Patriot likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They'll cruise to 16-0. Probably 19-0, never ends, gotta hand it to them.

3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

You're forgetting about the Baltimore Ravens who play the Patriots at home in Week 9, two weeks before the Patriots even play the Eagles. They're the bizarro Ravens this year since the Offense is actually a lot better than the Defense. But that's the type of Offense that can give the New England defense a lot of trouble as Jackson has not been figured out yet.

Patriots @ Ravens will/should be a pick-em.

16-0, 19-0 are extremely unlikely. The 2007-2008 team had better chances to do it because they were dominant on both ends. The 2019-2020 team is mediocre on offense.

Also, while they have the best chances (out of any one team) to win the SB, the field (all the other teams combined) are an enormous favorite over the Patriots.

#3 Antoni, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Seahawks @ 49ers will be a key game I feel. The time to get on the 49ers futures is before that game, because I think the 49ers win and then all of a sudden they will be taken seriously. They are legit.

5. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

The greater issue is simply them not winning the Superbowl. Last year everyone was harping on all 5 losses coming on the road to non-playoff teams. But they went 7-0 in games against playoff teams and took home the VLT.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Dude, has anyone played the new madden? Because I bet the op does nothing but play fuxking madden

7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I disagree with you about Houston who has played them tuff. Even Dallas who has their Offensive Tackles and Wide Receivers back is going to be difficult. If I can do some math with you to show you why it is difficult to win 9 or 12 games in a row, you might also see my point.

To have more than a 50% chance to win 9 games in a row, you need to average 92.59% chance of winning each game. The formula is 0.5^(1/9)
    To have more than a 50% chance to win 12 games in a row, you need to average 94.39% chance of winning each game. The formula is 0.5^(1/12)

Oh for the final caveat, To have more than a 50% chance to win 19 games in a row, you need to average 96.42% chance of winning each game. The formula is 0.5^(1/19)

Keep in mind all you need to lose a game is bad luck, injuries, or just a bad day.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

A mostly good post! If the Pats lose it will more likely be KC (Next best team in the AFC) or the Ravens (Just because they always cause the Pats headaches).

I doubt it will be Houston though.The Texans have really only given the Pats 1 real test in the last 5 year. That was a close one in 2017 regular season. Even last year the Pats won easily, with the Texans getting a late TD (2 minutes left) to make it a 7 point game. JMHO

9. WarriorRB28

I'm not a believer in Lamar Jackson. I can't forget his playoff game last season I have a feeling he'll look like that QB against this Pats defense.

AFC is a joke this season. JMO

@ Philly is the best/only? hope of stopping them from another undefeated regular season.

NFC is the best hope of stopping them from winning another Super Bowl. Overall I think Green Bay is the best hope of beating them because of Rodgers but who knows if they'll make it there in what looks like a loaded NFC.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Im convinced Jets fans just enjoy feeling pain. I have no idea how we come back year after year when the Pats are unstoppable and we dont even look like a pro football team. FML

11. WarriorRB28

One thing that still stings me to this day is the 2010 AFC Championship.

That year the Jets beat the Pats in the playoffs. The Pats second best team not to win the Super Bowl.

That was the Jets window to make a Super Bowl, win a championship during this now nearly 20 years long Pats run. If they had won it all that year I could've looked back on that year during a year like this and felt better.

Instead they came out flat for a AFC title game and the Jets still haven't made a SB since 1969 and haven't made the playoffs since 2010.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Ravens will take care of them next week. No worries.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

That moment was the best of my life as a fan. I was over the moon with happiness and was elated even days after the event. But think it about it we get that feeling once a decade and the rest we deal with pain, while Pats fans get a freaking super bowl coming their way every other year. As I said, we love pain.

14. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

The Pats are past their easy portion of the schedule, now they got the tougher part coming up. I like the Pats chances against Houston followed by the Dallas game.

But agreed Balt/Phila/KC will be the toughest outs for the Pats. And the Buff game late in the year won't be easy either. The Pats could lose any one, or two, of these games.

Be interesting to see if the Pats can keep the ball rolling. Need to stay healthy.

In 2015 Pats were 10-0 looked great, has some key injuries and went 2-4 in the last 6 games of the season.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Did you watch the Browns game? Every time the Browns made a big stop to get back in the game a flag is thrown. It was really unbelievable. They keep getting calls like that they easily go undefeated.

Brook! likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The sad part for the Browns is I think the league wanted them to win this year, and they would've gotten the calls if they didn't go dumpster fire.

17. WarriorRB28

They talked too much.

Put a bullseye on their backs.

18. WarriorRB28

Since 2001.

It's seeming ALWAYS something either a team finds a unbelieavable way to choke against them or they get calls like you mentioned or the bounce of the ball. That's why I hate watching their games too aggravating for me. Nowadays I really only watch their games when I believe the other team is good enough, has a legit shot to beat them.

19. WarriorRB28

All the same to them.

Strength of schedule has nothing to do with why they're 8-0. If they were just barely squeaking by the bad teams you could say that but when the point differential is what it is they're taking care of business.

They'll dissect the 'tough part' of this schedule just like they did the so called easy part.

If it were the Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs in their primes Ravens I could see Baltimore pulling off the upset. I don't think these Ravens have it in them I'm sorry to say.

New England's D will stop KC dead in their tracks.

I still say @ Philly and the Eagles need to be healthy for that one Wentz, Jackson all hands on deck.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So...Philly is the best shot at beating NE, yet Dallas WRECKED the Eagles.