PFT is reporting that Mathew Stafford has put his home on the market

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, May 15, 2020.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

A trade to New England?

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They printing money up there in P*ts land? They have $1.13M in cap space, still need to sign their draft picks and his cap hit is about $22M this year and $33M next year

J-Raw24 likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

It's more likely he goes to Washington to follow Alex Smith out of the NFL. Sad because he was actually decent.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I actually think he's a quarterback that could work with McDaniels/Belichick. I remember reading a lot about Stafford during the draft in 09 and he's supposedly super cerebral. His issue is being appropriately challenged by coaches. When things seem too 'easy' is when he struggles.

Doesn't he have a very untradeable contract though? It's time for both he and the Lions to part ways anyway. It hasn't really worked out. But if they're planning on doing it they should've taken Tua.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

This is a non-story, I think. I read that they have young children and just want to move to a more kid friendly house, one which doesn't have a pool and isn't on a lakeside.

6. love Stafford one of my all time favorite QB prospects coming out of UGA..from his frosh yr onward knew he was special.

That said I dont think hes that Quick hitting short/intermediate ball distributor the Pats like.

He’s alittle better suited for an offense predicated on longer developing plays downfield. I dont doubt that New England would adapt, his game just doesnt strike me as the ideal fit.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Stafford reminds me of Darnold in some ways. Drafted at 21 years old by a bad team, can make big throws but used to throw interceptions off his back foot, missed a bunch of games in his first two years, and ultimately developed into a solid starter.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Can someone post the Redfin listing? Hoping it has enough bathrooms to suit my needs.

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter