Per PFT - jets told robby they want him back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 30, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

For 4 years, an out after year 2 and cap charges that don’t go above $10 mil then sure.

AJW, dawinner127 and egelband like this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Be the person he can be outside of football, what the hell is a talking about. It's best for him to go to a FL team . . . ?

4. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

If he stays in Florida he’ll be in trouble with the law again.

Robbie is the kind of kid that has to get away from the old hood. Hopefully his representatives advise him of this

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes. Robby needs to stay away from South Florida. Every offseason he's gone down there and gotten into trouble

6. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

As they should. Worst case let him test free agency and come back to see if we match. Either way they should be telling him how much they want him back even if they don’t match a monster contact.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Good for Robert

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have zero problem letting him walk---all depends on the price as IMO he is very over rated but again I have written that too many times to count

#8 CBG, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

And rightfully so because Robby Anderson is an absolute weapon as one of the leagues most dangerous deep threats.

Draft either Jeudy or Lamb as our #1 WR on the outside and Robby Anderson then becomes an extremely difficult challenge for any #2 CB to matchup with while one on one on the outside.

Imagine how deadly Robby Anderson would become as a #2 WR on the outside, behind an improved offensive line for Darnold with pass protection, in order for Robby Anderson's deep routes to have a chance to develop vertically; he then becomes a speed burning nightmare.

Look @ Sanchez after he lost his weapons heading into 2011 - Disaster. Darnold doesn't need to lose weapons like Bell and Anderson - he needs Douglas to build around them.

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yes! Anderson becomes much more dangerous as a #2 WR......

11. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I’m much more afraid of taking Robbie away from Sam, then I am of over paying him.

Hell we over pay everyone

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Can't pay Robby like a #1 to be a #2. Think about what we'd wind up having to pay the actual #1 we put opposite him.

The cap is the cap. It is what it is. If you start pretending it's flexible somehow the best case is you get the Cowboys, always lots of talent on the team and never enough to win consistently. Worst case you get the Jets or Redskins.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The idea is to pay him like a #1 until the #1 we draft is ready to be paid. There's no better alternative in FA than Anderson, especially considering he works well with Sam. Give Robby a boatload of money the first two years and then part aways in year 3 when the cubbard has been restocked.

14. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

So what if we use the transition tag on Robbie.

That would cost 15.8 mil for 1 year( which is being overpaid ) BUT Robbie can still go out and solicit another deal allowing him to determine his worth but then we can either match or not

I’m just having flashbacks of the way our FO allowed Sanchez’s weapons to leave and never replaced them

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly what I've been saying. Sam Darnold not only deserves an o line but explosive playmakers too.

If anyone deserves to be paid, it's Robby Anderson. Remember preseason? He's developed into an NFL deep threat with top notch speed. He's came from a noname to free agent who's about to get paid, by someone. He's put up numbers regardless of Shitztragic, McCown, Darnold or whoever else was @ QB. And he's put up #s with QBs who've had no O line for him to truly showoff his deep ball ability with developed routes.

I've been a Jets fan since a kid. I'm 34. Can't name too many Jet receivers who've features this kids speed and deep ball ability. And he's durable. He shows up on Sunday's.

How can you be a Jet and not want to keep this kid who's still developing with SAM DARNOLD?!?

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I get that Robbie isn't the ideal, perfect #1 WR. I can think of at least 5 of the top of my head I'd rather have. But unfortunately, those guys are all locked up on other teams.

So that leaves Robbie and everyone else.

I'd rather have Robbie.

Vida, Pepsiguy5 and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

I want Jeudy due to his route running ability reminds me of a Marvin Harrison. I'd love Lamb because he's an explosive outside WR and physically gifted like Beckham. But I want Jeudy (for Darnold's style of play).

QB: Sam Darnold.
    RB: Le'Veon Bell.

WR #1: Jerry Jeudy.
    WR #2; Robby Anderson.

Slot: Jamison Crowder.
    TE#1: Chris Herndon.

A talented duo of a 1-2 Punch @ QB/RB in Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell.

Dynamic outside WR duo in Jeudy (elite route runner) and Anderson (deep threat speed demon).

A natural slot receiver with big play ability in Jamison Crowder along with Chris Herndon both either down the seams or over the middle of the field.

•Keep Robby Anderson at all costs.

•Draft Sam Darnold a 1st round WR in Jeudy or Lamb.

Improve our O-Line throughout Free Agency/Draft.

And all of a sudden our Jets not only feature a strong defense being led by Gregg Williams and Jamal Adams but also now have a high powered offensive attack featuring pass catching players and athlete's at literally every offensive skilled player position including a Franchise QB in Sam Darnold to distribute the football to the likes of Bell (60+ receptions 2019), Jeudy, Anderson, Crowder, Herndon etc.

It'll make me sick to lose Robby Anderson. Only to Draft a Jeudy/Lamb and then be stuck with either nothing or Quincy IR Enunwa as our "#2" while our rookie WR gets double teamed.

18. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Problem I have with him is he may be among the fastest WRs, he doesn’t run routes well and is not a very physical receiver. While he is still a threat, I don’t consider him Jets top 2 receivers on the team. If we sign him and don’t exaggeratedly over pay him great! but we still need to draft a top WR. If we don’t, I won’t miss him providing that we draft 2 top or solid WRs.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this look nice on paper but who is blocking and what kind of depth do we have?

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

not sure folks......between anderson and adams i really hope the jets don't hamstring themselves. obviously easy to say they won't but these are the jets.

i think i would rather shell out the real cash to the trenches.