Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

THE COMPLETE DETAILS OF CHARGES: Allegations against Penn State legend Jerry Sandusky involve eight boys as young as 10 said to have showered and traveled with the coach
    Published: Saturday, November 05, 2011, 1:55 PM *** Updated: Saturday, November 05, 2011, 5:26 PM
    By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News

ANDY COLWELL for The Patriot-News
    Former Penn State coaching legend Jerry Sandusky is arraigned on sex abuse charges Saturday, Nov. 5 in State College, Pa.

The indictment alleges that former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky used The Second Mile — the charity he founded in 1977 — to get access to and molest boys, “many of whom were vulnerable due to their social situations.” Eight children are listed as alleged victims, but not every one testified before the grand jury. In some cases, witnesses and information about incidents did not come forward for several years. Many of the alleged incidents happened in the Lasch Building, the football building on Penn State’s campus. The incidents are alleged to have occurred both before and after Sandusky retired from Penn State in 1999.

The indictment alleges that Athletic Director Tim Curley and Penn State executive Gary Schultz ignored the report of one incident in 2002. They “banned” Sandusky from bringing Second Mile kids into the locker room after the report, but never enforced that ban, the charges say. Sandusky, as part of his retirement agreement, had a key to that building and often used it after-hours.

Here are complete details of the charges, all according to the attorney general's office:
    Victim One: A Second Mile child who said he was 12 or 13 in 2007 when he began staying over at Sandusky’s home.

The inappropriate contact is alleged to have started with back-cracking exercises that were bedtime rituals. Sandusky would get in bed with the victim, blow on his stomach, eventually kiss him and perform a sex act.

This happened more than 20 times in 2007 and 2008, before the victim stopped taking Sandusky’s calls. Before that happened, however, the wrestling coach at Central Mountain High School, where Sandusky was a volunteer football coach, walked in on Sandusky laying face-to-face with the victim on a wrestling mat.

Sandusky jumped up and said, “Hey coach, we’re just working on wrestling moves.”
    Another 15-year-old also witnessed Sandusky put his hand on the victim’s knee during a road trip to a Philadelphia Eagles game. That child testified that Sandusky had touched him in a similar way.
    The football coach at Central Mountain High School testified that he had also witnessed odd behavior from Sandusky toward a young man who stopped hanging out with him. He called it “clingy” and “needy” behavior.

Sandusky was barred from the school after the first victim in the indictment reported alleged misconduct, and the school reported the allegations to authorities.
    That kicked off a three-year grand jury investigation.

Victim Two:* in 2002, a boy about 10 years old in a Penn State football locker room
    According to the indictment, on March 1, 2002, the night before Spring Break, a Penn State graduate assistant walked into the Penn State football locker room around 9:30 p.m. and witnessed Sandusky having sex with a boy about 10 years old.

The graduate assistant immediately left the locker room and told his father what he’d seen, noting that both the boy and Sandusky had turned and seen him.

The next morning, the witness and his father told head football coach Joe Paterno, who immediately told athletic director Tim Curley.

A week later, Curley and Penn State's senior vice president for finance and business, Gary Schultz, called the graduate assistant to a meeting and asked him to recount the story.

When they testified before the grand jury, Curley and Schultz denied being told the contact was of sexual nature. Curley said he recalled it was “horsing around” and Schultz said the allegations were “not that serious,” and said it might have been inappropriate touching.

Centre County Children and Youth Services and police were not called. However, Curley said he told Penn State President Graham Spanier.

According to the attorney general, Spanier approved of Curley telling Sandusky not to bring Second Mile children to the locker room anymore.

Second Mile President Jack Raykovitz was also told that Second Mile children couldn’t be brought to campus, although that was never enforced.

The grand jury believed the graduate assistant and that’s what led to the perjury charges against Schultz and Curley. They also believed that incident should have been reported to police and Children and Youth Services in 2002.

Victim Three: in 2000, a boy in the showers

A now-24-year-old man met Sandusky through the Second Mile in 2000. Sandusky took several showers with him that included bear hugs and rubbing, according to the indictment. Sandusky would also tickle the victim and blow on his stomach.

Victim Four: beginning in 1996 or 1997, a hotel room travel companion

Now 27, police say this victim was sexually abused by Sandusky starting in 1996 or 1997. He was a fixture in the Sandusky house, traveled to several bowl games with Sandusky and the football team. Sandusky and the boy shared a hotel room together during charity golf outings and various coaching banquets.

Sandusky would kiss and perform sex acts on this boy, ply him with gifts, and promised that he could be a walk-on Penn State football player when he attended college at Penn State, the indictment alleges.

Sandusky also bought the boy cigarettes and once gave him $50 for marijuana, as the boy eventually started to distance himself from Sandusky.

Victim Five: between 1996 and 1998, a Second Mile boy who attended games with Sandusky
    Now 22, this victim was a Second Mile child who Sandusky invited to attend a Penn State football game, and eventually, he would attend more than 15 games as Sandusky’s guest and travel to watch other games.

Sandusky is alleged to have touched the victim during a shower between 1996 and 1998, and the victim pulled away. He no longer was invited to football games.

Victim Six: in 1994 or 1995, another boy in the showers

Now 24, this boy allegedly met Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic in 1994 or 1995. Sandusky grabbed him inappropriately and touched him during a shower.

When the victim returned home with his hair wet, his mother called police, who investigated the case. They labeled it unfounded in June 1998 after then-District Attorney Ray Gricar decided there wasn’t enough evidence to bring charges.

Before that happened, Gricar had police hide out in the mother’s home while Sandusky came over to explain what happened. The boy’s mother tried to make Sandusky promise he would never again shower with a boy but he would not make that promise.

Sandusky said, “I understand I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won’t get it from you. I wish I were dead.”

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the state Department of Welfare, which oversees CYS, testified that Sandusky admitted to showering naked and hugging the victim and admitted it was wrong.

Another boy, who was present in the shower and was touched in a similar way, could not be subpoenaed because he is serving in the military.

Victim Seven: beginning in 1994, a boy victimized in the showers and on drives
    This boy is alleged to have met Sandusky in 1994 when he was 7, attending many events with Sandusky and with some of the other victims.

Sandusky would inappropriately touch him during drives, and participated in the shared showering, according to the indictment.

This victim testified he didn’t have contact with Sandusky for years, but was contacted by Sandusky, Sandusky’s wife, Dottie, and a Sandusky family friend, right before his grand jury testimony.

Victim Eight: in 2000, another boy in the showers

In the fall of 2000, Penn State janitor James “Jim” Calhoun witnessed Sandusky performing a sex act on a child in the shower of the Lasch Building, and immediately told other janitorial staff what he had witnessed.

It was an away-game weekend.

Jim, who now suffers from dementia, couldn’t testify. But others who were there that night told the grand jury that Jim was very distraught and trembling because of what he’d witnessed.
    “Jim said he ‘fought in the Korean war ... seen people with their guts blown out, arms dismembered ... I just witnessed something in there I’ll never forget,’ ” the testimony states.
    The employees that night told Calhoun how to report the incident, but it appears he never did.
    That same night, other employees observed Sandusky sitting in his car in the parking lot between 10 p.m. and 12:30 a.m., then again between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.
    That victim was never found.

©*2011*PennLive.com.*All rights reserved.

#1 TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Pretty sickening, seems Paterno could have taken more action like calling the police once the GA told him but he did go to his superiors who seem to have been trying to cover up this shit. Something just doesn't seem right, the GA witnessed didn't call the police, the janitor witnessed it; didn't call the police. Even after this guy had been caught he continued to bring boys to the lockerroom? Something about that just seems off, almost like he knew he could get away with it.

3. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

This is so disgusting...

4. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I'm a pretty passive dude, but I'd kill the crap out of this dude if he got near my kid.

5. 624

624 Banned

I'm pretty sure that boy was Firemanedjr.

6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in here. It's a fucking outrage that this was allowed to go on so long. So the University President and Paterno knew about this and this sick bastard still brought kids to campus to molest?

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm not really a Paterno fan but I think he did what he needed to do. He alerted the AD, he didn't allow the guy to continue to bring kids to the stadium after the GA caught him but the AD and other guy involved turned a blind eye. Almost like they knew it was bad but were more concerned about the image of the school and program then doing the right thing so they tried to cover it up.

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Just heard about this about 10 minutes ago.

This is absolute garbage. I'm disgusted after reading this. If this was covered up, and apparently not by Paterno, because from all reports he told the people (AD and president's office) he should, those heads should roll, into prison. Sandusky is a real deviant piece of shit.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Pedo State

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The Washington Post has the Grand Jury report.

Not for the squeamish.

This guy needs to be dead.

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Penn Stat - Mass Resignations Needed

Paterno: If you have information that someone has been having anal sex in your locker room and you don't call the cops, you don't deserve to be the coach of young men. Even if calling the AD was the right first step, how do you let the Pedophile near your team. Plus, you know that Pedophile is running a children's home and you don't call child protective services?

AD and Exec: Charged with perjury and failing to report, they should be fired immediately if they haven't quite.

President Spanier: The buck stops with you and you stood by the AD and the Exec who allowed a pedophile to go sodomize a 10 year old boy on your campus. You deserve to be beaten with a stick and fired on the spot.

What is Penn State going to do when they travel to Lincoln in 2 wks and fans have made up PSU signs that read "Pedo State Univ?"

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

A little boy in the shower?

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

But this is pretty funny....

[​IMG]

15. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

It's Pennsylvania. I assumed this was common practice there.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This whole thing is disgusting

17. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

hahah anal rape of a pre-teen boy!!! Get it? "touched" haha!

18. p00ch0

p00ch0 New Member

Resign?!?! Fired?!?!

These son of a bitches should get analy raped in the ass by horses.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

19. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

So the grad asst that told Paterno is then hired onto the football staff as an asst coach within a yr later..

In his eighth season on the staff, Mike McQueary coaches the wide receivers and serves as recruiting coordinator.
    www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcqueary_mike00.html

McQueary identifed as GA who reported Sandusky to Paterno

In this story by the Patriot-News of Harrisburg, the anonymous graduate assistant who saw Jerry Sandusky sexually abusing a young boy is identified for the first time as Mike McQueary, who is an assistant coach on the current Penn State staff. McQueary is the red-headed coach who is usually beside Joe Paterno, when Paterno is on the sideline. The story indicates Paterno likely will be a key prosecution witness against two Penn State athletic department officials charged with perjury in an apparent coverup of Sandusky's crimes.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-g...entifed-as-ga-who-reported-sandusy-to-paterno

20. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I don't understand how Mike McQueary walks in, sees him rape a boy, and just walks away. How do you not intervene? How did he not step in, and remove the boy?