Parking - Falcons Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Predator, Aug 11, 2007.

1. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I haven't seen a thread on this yet (regarding last night's game):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, it is utter bullshit, and was so poorly done. It's like they threw that whole idea together in a matter of minutes, or they just waited till the day before the game to try and figure out where to put everyone.

Timeline:

GETTING IN

1) You get to the stadium, they give you a map that you have to drive about 2 miles away from the stadium to go park (in my case, further from home)

2) You get to the parking areas, which are just corporate building's parking lots (empty on the weekend)

3) Even at a preseason game, you have to wait about 5 minutes to get up to the money-taker. Oh yea, and in order to put us all through this inconvenience, they had to raise the price of parkign to $25. Fuckin assholes

4)You park in the lot (color coded, I was in "green"), they give you a "bus pass", you can't tailgate, and it does not feel like you are about to go to a football game at all. I really think this is going to kill the atmosphere of the stadium come gameday. Instead of being pumped up, most fans will inevtiably be pissed off.

5) You wait about 5 minutes for a bus to come. It's a fucking school bus, like the kind you rode when you were 12. Which basically means your packed in like a sardine for the next 9 minutes that the ride took

6) They drop you off on the OUTER RING of the parking lot, so you have to walk just as far as ever, like if you in the overflow lot in past seasons.

7) It took me and my father 24 minutes to get from our car to the stadium - not our seat, just into the stadium. And that's with only about 25% of the people that will be there during the regular season

RETURNING

1) Have to walk ALL the way back to the outer ring of the parking lot

2) They have cattle-walk type lines set up - made out of that orange, plastic construction fence stuff (which will be destroyed within a few weeks due to people leaning on it, hopping over it, etc)

3) There were 13 busses lined up, but they were only running a couple of them for some reason. So we had to wait 9 minutes to get on one (imagine how bad this is going to be after a bad loss or in the cold, etc.)

4) They don't drop you off at you "designated lot" (seperated by color, as I said, mine was green) Instead they drop you off at a universal location, I had to walk about 3.5 blocks to get to my car.

5) Return trip took over 30 minutes
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Basically this is going to be a nightmare. No one is going to listen to the "no tailgating" rule, people are going to be fighting over bus spots, the lines at the gates are going to be huge.
    And once it gets cold out and everyone is bundled up, the busses are going to be EXTREMELY packed and everyone is going to be extremely pissed off.
    Not to mention they make you pay $25 on top of your ticket to go through all of this :beer:

I won't be back on till tomorrow night or Monday, so I won't be able to answer any questions, maybe someone else can if anyone has any

FUCK YOU WOODY, OR WHOEVER ELSE CAME UP WITH THIS BULLSHIT, FUCKED UP, PIECE OF SHIT, MOTHERFUCKING PLAN!

2. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Sounds pretty shitty but.. what else are they supposed to do?

There are more cars than parking spots to hold them.

3. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I agree with the above.. There is no other choice, and I'm sure the office building owners KNOW they have the teams by the nuts, and held them hostage to rent their lots...

For starters, Woody Johnson had absolutely nothing to do with this plan. If anyone, blame the NJSEA. They do all the planning at the Meadowlands. They police the lots, collect the money, etc etc.

I'm sorry to hear this sucks, but this isn't the only stadium with off-site parking. Heck, some have absolutely 0 on site parking.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Seems to me they would be better off using commuter lots even if they are farther away. They would be generally unused on weekends and they would be free. Just charge for the bus ride which is a lot cheaper then $25 and run by companies who know how to move a lot of people a short distance in a hurry.

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Do you want the new stadium?? Its going to be a pain in the ass for everyone. Your really crying like a baby.

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Suddenly, taking the bus from Port Authority doesn't seem so bad.

On second thought, that bus still friggin sucks.

Can't wait for them to get the train out there.

7. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Sorry to say that this is the price to pay for a new stadium.

I went to the Pats Jets playoff game last year, and parking is absolutely horrific in Foxboro. Some lots are about 2 - 3 miles from the stadium, and you have to walk it. It took us about 1.5 hours just to navigate about 5 miles on the primary road into the stadium.

Getting out, we spent another 1.5 hours sitting completely idle in the parking lot.

Go to a game in Foxboro and you will feel lucky to go to a game at the Meadowlands.

8. akibud

akibud Active Member

I thought they said that they would have pre-paid parking at the stadium?
    It sounds like your situation was the non pre-paid scenario.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Football sundays are meant to be spent at home, on your couch with directv. anything else is crap. you wanna go freeze your balls off and drink beers, great, thanks for supporting the team, but youre all crazy....not to mention you miss half the game because of people getting up in front of you and so on.....

10. akibud

akibud Active Member

exactly!!...... well said.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I rarely freeze even in Decemeber - Dont Drink Alcohol and actually get to see much more of the game becuase I get to see the whole field not some camera following only the Ball but Thanks for Sharing

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I felt this for a long time. This is one instance when TV beats real life.

13. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Being at the game is unbeatable from a viewpoint perspective. You can see everything. The downside is that the beer is ludicrously expensive, the weather can suck, and by the time you get home on sunday night, you're exhausted from the whole affair.

So, that said, I think that ultimately it's better to be home with cases of beer, a 50" HDTV and your friends and family around you, all cheering bountifully for the Green Machine...

14. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

I'm going to the Jets/Giants pre-season game and I'm DEFINATELY NOT looking forward to parking. But thanks for the information cause i've been worried about it.

15. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

This is the non pre-paid parking senerio. I have a pass, I dont care!

16. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Parking is absolutely outrageous, nothing new there. Even though it's ridiculous that off-site parking is $25, its still not as bad as some other teams parking situations. I know that the Redskins (from personal experience) parking situation requires that you have one of their parking passes. Take a look on ebay how much they go for. $25 will feel like a nickel and dime.

17. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

well I for one DO NOT WANT the new stadium. The old piece of shit was fine, unless the Jets got their OWN stadium, then I would want it. Otherwise, both the Jets and Giants can pack their bags and head off to Los Angeles. Screw both teams. THEY wanted a new stadium. Let them chip in like they said they were gonna do and leave us fans alone. I don`t see why "WE" the fans will have to pay for a new stadium? Plus all NJ residents will have to pay over $160 million to have the old shithole taken down.

18. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

you can blame it all on the Giants organization and the Dolans. They fucked the Jets as hard as they could. Dolans drove them out of NYC and the Giants took advantage of the Jets and basically made them go in partners. The ultimate blame goes on Woody though. He could have easily purchased land and built his own stadium for the Jets.

19. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

It sounds like a disaster, and it will be worse when there are more than 5000-10,000 fans there. I wonder how many ticket holders do not have the pre-paid parking for the regular season games.

Agreed. Even though i only go to one or two games a year, nothing beats being there.

but i am okay watching at home, too, since I've been to my share of games over the years.

20. Paddock

Paddock Member

I feel bad for you because you don't know what it's like to experience the adrenaline of walking into a packed stadium for a home game. I get chills just thinking about spending a morning tailgating and an afternoon at the stadium.

It's too cold outside to watch a football game? There couldn't be a less manly statement to make. They make handwarmers for people like you.

If you're a fan of the game, you can see much more going to a game than you can sitting on the couch. I dont think I need to go into how thats possible.