Pals Want Massive L.i. Lineman To Be Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Apr 9, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

April 9, 2006 -- PALS WANT MASSIVE L.I. LINEMAN TO BE JET
    By BRIAN COSTELLO

[​IMG]
    'BRICK WALL
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/62193.htm

2. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I think if Leinart and Williams are off the board, Brick is our pick. Mangini will like the grooming he had under Groh, he has high character and is a smart guy. Plus, he's a heck of a player. Only reason we wouldn't take him in that scenario is that Mangini is opposed to selecting O-line in the 1st round.

3. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Mickey Shuler82

"Only reason we wouldn't take him in that scenario is that Mangini is opposed to selecting O-line in the 1st round."

Pray tell me on what solid information you've based that statement.

I hope you're wrong!

4. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

I agree, I know everyone dosen't want to spend a high draft pick on the O-line. I bet if you ask Martin, Houston, or any of the QB's they want D'Brick as well.

5. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i think he was just saying it hypothetically

6. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Actaully Martin wants lendale white. he said it on 1050 a few weks ago.

7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I mean come on! What a waste of a pick HE would be! (sarcasm)

8. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

The way Lendale's value is dropping we might get him at 29. They have Maroney rated higher then White right now.

9. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

they should have been done that maroney is the 3rd best rb draft by far. he reminds me of edgerrin james in his maimi days so much it isnt even funny. maybe not his recieveing ability but his running style is very similar.

10. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

For some reason I had a dream the other day that we took Lendale at 29. I made the pick myself, from the side of the highway.

It was an odd dream.

11. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Dreaming about lendale in that bra huh?:wink: :rofl2: j/k

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Just look at the picture. The guy has no bulk at all. He's not going to stand a chance against big ends. Imagine Peppers against him? He'd pick him up and throw him.

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

He weighed about 290 during the season and since then has added another 15-20 pounds and now weighs 312 pounds...being a big guy doesn't insure success...take a look at Mike Williams who was chose 4th overall...he was a MAMMOTH

Either way the guy is 6 foot 5 inches tall and weighs over 310 pounds...how is that small??? D'Brick is going to be a monster in pass protection against just about anybody with his awesome technique and unbelievable 70 inch wing span...All he needs to work on is his running game...

He is a SMART, TOUGH, and has AWESOME CHARACTER. He is off the charts as far as off the field, which makes him an extremely safe pick off the field as well as on the field....

D'Brick fills a huge need (Pass protection)...

#13 PennyandtheJets, Apr 9, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Aside from Pepper's being a LE and wouldn't be lining up over Ferguson, your point is still wrong. Pass protection isn't about size or strength, its technique. A solid technique, wide wingspan and still good size at 315 is not something to be worried about.

15. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

With the 29th pick in the draft, the bum on the side of the road selects.... Lendale "Man-zierre" White!

16. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

1. That picture is old.

2. I can show you pics of Dwight Freeney, Santana Moss, Steve Smith, Jonathan Vilma, etc and they look small. Would you assume they suck?

17. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

The more I think about it, the more I want D'brick instead of Mario Williams. We are fine at DE with Ellis and Thomas (or Robertson in the 3-4) and OT is no question our biggest hole. Even if Brick turns out to be half as good as hes hyped up to be hed still be our best lineman.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

No one has said anything about Williams. All the talk has been Brick and Leinart. I personally want Brick over Leinart. Anyways, it is very interesting that his friends and family are Jets fans, I am surprised it has not been mentioned already...

19. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i had been wanting Mario Williams, but i think D'Brick is the safest & best pick for this franchise right now... He will be the anchor of our line and protecting the QB for years to come. The only reason i would be against drafting him is that we have Adrian Jones who is on a low salary and has potential. If Adrian Jones could move back to RT and be effective, then i am all for the pick. Also, with Groh (i think) as our line coach, D'Brick could turn into a better run blocker and he's already great at pass blocking.

Past O-Linemen taken in the top-10 of the draft:
    [​IMG]

20. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

There will without a doubt be more than one person on the board at #4 that will male a whole lot more sense for this franchise than Ferguson.