Pace of Jets Offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by transplanted jet, Oct 16, 2006.

1. transplanted jet

transplanted jet New Member

I have the Ticket and watch many games on Sundays and every week I just can't believe pace of Jets offense. Every play appears to develop after 5 seconds. Just every formation takes ages to mature. (Not pre-snap motions) I think we should utilize more patterns like the Panthers run for Smith for Cotchery or Smith. Let them have a little space and run with it. I honestly don't know how Chad hasn't been demolished yet.

2. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

No presnap motions???.. have you been watching the games... we run so many motions.. we have whole groups of people switching sides... on TV this past week one of the announcers said that we were such a tricky team to face because of all the motions

3. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Yea im not really sure what your talking about. Pennington gets to the line quicker than almost any QB in the league then he moves everyone around like crazy. Every play at least one guy is in motion or switching formations

4. Chad Vs THe World

maybe he was watching harrington the past 5 weeks

5. Anarcho Fukayama

Anarcho Fukayama New Member

Ahem... I do believe the actual post says "Not pre-snap motions", meaning that he isn't talking about them, not that they don't exist.

The point being made, I believe, is that AFTER the snap, the plays have been taking very long to develop. Logic would point to the fact that if he is talking about the offense NOT having pre-snap motions, then he wouldn't say something like "every play appears to develop after 5 seconds", seeing as pre-snap motions take more time to "develop" than having none at all.

That being said, yes, sometimes the offense has shown to be very slow to develop plays, but there have also been quick WR screens and things of that nature. It's just that it takes the ball 5 seconds to reach the target coming from Chad's arm. Seriously though, I don't know. Some plays have taken an eternity to develop. Probably from all the max-protect going on. Hard to find an open target when you only have 2 guys running routes.