Ozymandias FINAL 2015 NFL Mock Draft (3.0)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

we are a little over a month away from the draft, a lot of the Pro Days are done with so there is no better time to put this out. This will be my final mock for the 2015 Draft, I wanted to wait until FA settled to do it because predicting where FA's land is unpredictable.

1. Tampa Bay -- Jameis Winston (QB, Florida State)
    2. San Diego -- Marcus Mariota (QB, Oregon) [SD sends Rivers to Tennessee and they swap 2015 firsts]
    3. Jacksonville -- Dante Fowler Jr (DE, Florida)
    4. Oakland -- Leonard Williams (DE/DT, USC)
    5. Washington -- Vic Beasley (OLB, Clemson)

on to the Jets.

1. Amari Cooper (WR, Alabama)
    -- even with the trade for Brandon Marshall WR is still a need. 2015 has another stacked class at receiver and people will tell me that we can draft one in the later rounds, but why wait? in my opinion, Cooper is the best WR prospect in years. I've watched this kid ball out all year for Bama this year. not the fastest guy in the Draft, but would be the fastest receiver we have. has crisp route running, ability to stretch the field and I personally think he would thrive in Gailey's offense. for his rookie season we could use him in the slot, or we could try moving Decker to the slot.

2. Shaq Thompson (OLB/S/RB, Washington)
    -- a few months ago, Shaq was being talked about as a first round pick but with NFL scouts trying to figure out where he should play, he dropped off. Shaq Thompson is the perfect player for Bowles to mold. he's played at all three positions listed and has had some success at all three. his versatility make Shaq Thompson a juicy pick, and tough value to pass up wit the pick.

3. Cedric Ogbuehi (OT, Texas A&M)
    -- unfortunate for Cedric had he not torn his ACL he probably would be a first round pick, now most talent evaluators have him last second to early third. fortunately for us, we get a huge steal here. Ogbuehi's strength is his speed and his blocking ability, he needs to add some more muscle for the NFL but I'm sure he will work on that. he gets that sorted out and we could have our LT of the future.

4. Jesse James (TE, Penn St)
    -- picking up another TE in the Draft is ideal. Jesse James had a great combine and is viewed more as a blocking TE than a receiving TE, but he was one of Christian Hackenberg's go to guys in the RZ, standing at 6'7 he's a nightmare in the RZ. he is also a phenomenal blocking TE, something we need because that is Jace Amaro's weakness.

5. Traded to Chicago

6. Traded to Seattle

7. Chris Hackett (S, TCU)
    -- safety depth, potentially a starter down the line. Hackett had a fantastic season but his combine numbers hurt him, nonetheless it's a 7th round pick that could turn out to be a diamond in the rough.

7. Tyler Varga (FB, Yale)
    -- Varga has been the pick in all three of my mocks I believe. I love the way he plays and Jon Conner is terrible at what he does so we need an upgrade.

thoughts, concerns?

boozer32 likes this.
  2. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I like it. Love Amari in round 1 and I like the Thompson pick.

I dont think Shaq has a natural position, I view him more as a "defensive weapon". I think bowles could do a lot of good things with him

3. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Like the draft Not sure we have a FB in Gailey's offense

4. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Love the first round. If that's the way the board falls, I'd absolutely want either Cooper or White. I'd probably lean slightly towards White just because we've needed a burner for awhile, but I do agree that Cooper is the much safer pick and I'd be thrilled to have him in green.

Not a huge fan of Shaq. His playing weight last year was 219 pounds. That is absolutely tiny for a 3-4 OLB. He absolutely could become a weapon, but I'd want someone more refined with our second round pick. If we do go Cooper in the first, I'd be on board for an OLB in round 2, though.

The only other pick I'm not a huge fan of is your round 4 pick. It's not even because I don't like the player, as I do. I'm just almost 100% positive that we'll be taking an RB in the first four rounds, and you don't have one yet. Personally, I'd take one in round 3, but if we are assuming we go WR, OLB, TE like you have listed, I think we absolutely need to go RB in round 4.

Good mock!

pclfan likes this.
  5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wouldn't complain with Cooper. Where would you see Shaq Thompson playing? He's very small for a 3-4 OLB. Ogbuehi could be a good player to sit and learn for a year before probably taking over in 2015. It'd be nice to add a TE who can block, so James is fine by me. I really like the Hackett pick, but will he be there that late even with his poor 40-time? Varga would be fine too, if he's there, but I'd rather see another RB added. Even if you really like Ivory and Powell as 1 and 2, both are FAs next year and more depth at the position is probably needed

6. Ozymandias

I see Shaq playing OLB or SS. He has a lot of time to put on bulk to play OLB, where he wants to play.

I'd lean more towards OLB because Pryor is our SS.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like the draft overall, but don't like the Thompson pick. This draft is loaded with legitimate 3-4 OLB pass rushers. Why in the world take a player that doesn't really have a position and is a tweener? I could understand it if this was not a good draft for OLBs, but it is. The Jets could do much better in the 2nd round than Thompson.

8. Ozymandias

Who did you have in mind, NC? Anyone in particular?

My thought process was at that pick Thompson was best value. Eli Harold is an OLB I like but I think he will go end of the first, if he doesn't he would be my pick.

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Ok I seen some film on Shaq Thompson and I'm all in. A defensive back/OLB that can also line up as a running back. Guy looks like he's always around the ball. If he is there in the 2nd Maccagnan should get him.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can understand the pick if you think Thompson was the BPA, but I think he is too light to be a 3-4 LBer.

If I was definitely thinking OLB, depending upon who was there, Eli Harold would probably be the pick, but would be Dupree if he fell or possibly Orchard. Alternatively, if Clemmings, Humphries, Flowers, or Fisher are there and I liked them better than Ogbuehi, I might go with one of them, and then hope to nab an OLB (Kikaha, Kwon Alexander or Davis Tull) in the 3rd round. Then again, I might opt to go WR in the 2nd and take Devin Smith, Rashad Greene, Tyler Lockett or Phillip Dorsett, and take either the BPA OLB or OT in the 3rd.

In terms of 2015 alone, I think the team would be better served getting a young, fast OLB prospect, but with the importance of the LT position, Brick being slated to make $17 million next year, and his deteriorating play, I'd probably make finding Brick's replacement my #1 priority after Mariota, or if Mariota isn't there. Then I'd hope to find an OLB in the next round or hope that Pace and Babin could get the job done for one more year.

Your draft would definitely help the team a lot and at key positions. As I said, I liked it a lot, just don't think Thompson would be a good fit.

#10 NCJetsfan, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Ozymandias likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Pretty good picks but still hoping for a miracle that organization trades up for Winston or Mariota. Varga is a sleeper and a keeper but Jets better grab him maybe earlier than 7 say Rnds 4 on.

12. Ozymandias

It will take nothing short of a miracle to get Winston or Mariota at 6. Ir really looks like it will be Geno or Fitz for us.

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Interesting draft.

Not the way I would go but not bad.

The only problem is that Cedric won't be there in round three.

If we traded up using our third and fourth round picks I think we could get him in the second half of round two.

14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If Mariota is off the board.. Cooper is the next best thing!

Addressed a lot of holes