Outside of the 1st round, what player do you strongly like for the Jets?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by sanchizeqb, Feb 17, 2006.

1. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Easily Brian Calhoun.

With the talent at OL in this draft, we'll either pick up D'Brickashaw Ferguson or use the first-second rounder acquired for John Abraham to address our needs for a OT before we even get to our 36th overall pick. Calhoun is a back, that if he stayed his senior season, would be a top 10 pick, IMO. His speed and vision is right up there with the best, and I think once he runs a 4.3 in the combine that people will start noticing him.

He has great hands and unlike some other RB's in this draft, has been able to carry the load. Wisconsin has a good OL, that's a given, but Calhoun does have that 2nd gear that star RB's have. I just love the kid and think that splitting carries with Curtis next season would do him so well. A future star, IMO.

2. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

There are so many good players available outside the first round how can you pick just one?
    Nick Mangold, Marcus McNeil, Max Jean Gilles, Jonathon Scott, Calhoun, Marcedes Lewis, Dominique Byrd, Maurice Stovall, Martin Nance, Daryll Tapp, Manny Lawson, Bobby Carpenter, Antonio Cromartie, D'Qwell Jackson, Brodie Croyle, etc.

3. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Mike Hass, David Thomas and Martin Nance

4. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Shouldnt this probably be in NFL Draft forum?

I'm in love with Earnie Sims and C Griffin. But this is for the Jets. I like Addai but no many seem to agree. Colledge would be a good fit here, easily in the 2nd and very safe pick. Probably the most under rated tackle.

5. 1028

1028 Active Member

All good players. Some other guys for me include Devin Hester, Rodrique Wright, Troy Reddick, Charlie Whitehurst, etc

6. WIJetsFan

WIJetsFan New Member

I would look at D-Line like Rodrique Wright, Kamerion Wimbley and Claude Wroten. One name at OLB is Thomas Howard from UTEP. Keeps impressing people, but I still don't think he'll be a 1st rounder. Find guys to fit the 3-4.

7. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I know tons of people have been saying it, but I've been saying it for a year: Greg Eslinger. There have been suggestions he didn't fit in Dinger's O, but we ain't got Dinger no mo.

8. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

I think Marcus Vick could be a good late round pick. I now he has serious problems with his behavior, but I still think he could be a good football player.And after all the stuff he did in College, he probably will be a late pick.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The NFL doesn't need the Quarterback version of Mark Chmura. (Child Molester)

10. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Thomas Howard is incredibly small for a linebacker. He'd make a good safety though, like Michael Boulware did moving from OLB to S

11. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

12. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Either Max Jean-Gilles or Marcus McNeill need to be taken in the second round, especially if we can't get D'Brick.

I also wouldn't mind a kid named Brandon Hoyte from my HS.... he's a LB that was defensive captain last year at ND and if you watched the ND games you probably saw a lot of him. He's undersized and not very quick but he's got a really strong heart and love for the game and he'd be a well-used 7th round pick. At worst he should be a rock solid special teams player.

#12 DonnieIsTheKing, Feb 21, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2006